It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are really prepared for the Dog Eat Dog society you relish and preach on this site?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I sense a certain attitude in many posts here at ATS. It's an attitude that shows no sympathy for those viewed as lesser than yourselves.

Many feel that the homeless, welfare, drug addicts, and other bottom of the barrel people are getting what they deserve and shouldn't be a drain on the rest of society.

What you are preaching and asking for is a dog eat dog world. A devolution from our civilized society. You wish to return to when everyone cared for just their immediate family and damn everyone else.

Why do so many wish to return to such a time?

I ask are all of you (who will probably be too shame to post in this thread) REALLY built for such a society? I don't think so, you actually want a society that's half civilized and half savage. Especially when it comes to yourselves.

How many of you are young, strong and trained to survive in such a savage society? I'd wager that there is a percentage who spew they want such a society but they would be among the first to expire should we return to such savagery!

Many of you speaking of all this heartlessness are out of shape and may even have disabilities. You would be among the FIRST to expire. You should want this society to be as civilized as possible. You are all hypocrites!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I am

Second

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ill be the first to say that im not. I dont know if im afraid of it, but im damn sure not ready for it. Im already having to survive this mess let alone it getting worse.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by asher
I am

Second

Mind sharing some details....

+3 more 
posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
When the construct falls apart which it must eventually the ones with the right stuff will carry the game forward. If it's a meltdown, some creature will remain and evolve to dance another day and hopefully never consider the idea of a central banking system.

+11 more 
posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I doubt many are.

Even on "doomsday preppers" tv show, when people practice their "bug out" scenarios, they get badly hurt and need medical attention from a hospital. There are several instances of this on the last season or two of this show, and these are people actively training for this.

Most people on here are just wistfully hoping for the end, and can't handle it when they lose cell phone service or twitter access for more than a few hours in the real world.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Ill be the first to say that im not. I dont know if im afraid of it, but im damn sure not ready for it. Im already having to survive this mess let alone it getting worse.

Thanks for the honest!

So you're not one of those who bash the people having a tough time in our society are you? You aren't suggesting kicking everyone off foodstamps and other less than civilized suggestions?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I doubt many are.

Even on "doomsday preppers" tv show, when people practice their "bug out" scenarios, they get badly hurt and need medical attention from a hospital. There are several instances of this on the last season or two of this show, and these are people actively training for this.

Most people on here are just wistfully hoping for the end, and can't handle it when they lose cell phone service or twitter access for more than a few hours in the real world.

You are absolutely correct, though the intent of this thread is to force the people who have no sympathy toward societies downtrodden to see their hypocracy.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

I sense a certain attitude in many posts here at ATS. It's an attitude that shows no sympathy for those viewed as lesser than yourselves.

You are all hypocrites!

Yes that's right every on here believes they are the Acient Greek Physician; Hippocrates

+5 more 
posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I have nothing against the person who is working a part-time job and needs assistance to make ends meet, but most of them do not qualify for assistance. I have a problem with the able bodied people that refuse to work and continue to get a check and healthcare. I have a problem with my taxes and cost going up in order to continue to support those that do not want to support themselves. I think that there should be time limits. I also think that the money saved by enforcing the current laws and restricted the time you can be on assistance can be used to extend help for the people that "fall through the cracks".

I think if a person is willing to better their "station" in life they should be given every opportunity. But I should not be required to "carry" the others.
edit on 5/27/1313 by Martin75 because: spelling

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I don't think we would instantly devolve into a mad max scenario. There probably wouldn't be raiders knocking on your door. There are a variety of things that could happen depending on your location what type of people you live around how large your community is and how the collapse happend and effects on social structure infrastructure currency and the government. You would have to go into more detail about what you think the people on ATS want to happen before I could really answer that in detail.

+6 more 
posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Martin75

I have nothing against the person who is working a part-time job and needs assistance to make ends meet, but most of them do not qualify for assistance. I have a problem with the able bodied people that refuse to work and continue to get a check and healthcare. I have a problem with my taxes and cost going up in order to continue to support those that do not want to support themselves. I think that there should be time limits. I also think that the money saved by enforcing the current laws and restricted the time you can be on assistance can be used to extend help for the people that "fall through the cracks".

I think if a person is willing to better their "station" in live they should be given every opportunity. But I should not be required to "carry" the others.

Unfortunately, "carrying" the others is a part of a civilized society.

Do you believe there are enough jobs for every able bodied person in this country....really? I'll let you in on a secret...there isn't. So even if everyone was on the straight and narrow, graduated college and didn't have any bad habits, we wouldn't have sufficient jobs for them.

You have no idea how much our economy depends upon welfare...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by asher

I don't think we would instantly devolve into a mad max scenario. There probably wouldn't be raiders knocking on your door. There are a variety of things that could happen depending on your location what type of people you live around how large your community is and how the collapse happend and effects on social structure infrastructure currency and the government. You would have to go into more detail about what you think the people on ATS want to happen before I could really answer that in detail.

It's apparent to myself that a large many on ATS wish our society to return to when we lived in small family groups and couldn't afford to worry about the well-being of outsiders. When we allowed people to die and starve in the streets.

This comes from the talk that drug addicts, welfare dependents and the such should not be cared for.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I don't know if you're in the US, or UK?

Do you have any understanding what an inner city nieghborhood would look like if the criminal gov't didn't pay up on the welfare, or food stamp cards? Do you understand what Chicago inner-city looks like on a good day?

I don't relish the thought of what will eventually happen. I fear for anyone weak, young, female -- in these circumstances.

I do believe the criminal gov't of both colors are responsible for it, and I think they are the ones your OP should be targetting.

I think they will be sitting back in their heavily gaurded bunkers, laughing at the rest of us.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Why do so many wish to return to such a time?

Actually, we are in that time now. And more so, our entire history is based on this premise.

The real problem is that we have too many elitist dogs and they must be culled in order for us to return to a more simpler time of being able to identify the dog in front of us instead of the one that we can't identify nor reach.

Better the enemy we know than the one we can't see.

Peace

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I totally understand your points.

What I tend to see in the views of people preaching such society, is lack of empathy, lack of understanding that all people have born different and had different environemnts to grow up and live at.

I remember somebody posting about two men, who were both in similar situation. One came out, one did not. The conclusion was that one wanted it, the other did not. World is not black and white. Psychologically these people were extremely different. The fact that situation was same does not matter.

I am naturally a slow sprinter. I would never be able to run as fast as Usain Bolt. I have trained it for 12 years, still I am slower than average guy off the street. It is talent. Should I be punished for less wanting, not taking responsibility for my lack of talent?

Yet I have been given good brain. I can learn the materials others need to work with whole day in less than an hour. Should the others be punished for being slower and not wanting to be as fast as I am?

Many homeless people are vets. The war, what they have seen is horrible and for many alcohol is the only solution. In a way it is not even their fault. Some have been given the strength to come out, others have not. Do they deserve to get punished for it?

I have been blessed with good brain and good supportive environment when I was young. The environment plays huge rule, just as genetics plays in psychological development. Even small things from our childhood might influence our lives forever. A good home and supportive environment gives as values to live by.

If a low-IQ person is born into a low-income family, who is not supportive in education and has to learn at a school which gives weak education to other kids with similar background from broken low-income families, what do you expect of him? However hard he would work, it is extremely unlikely he will ever reach even middle-class. It is likely he would not even finish highschool due to the environment that has shaped into who he is. Such cases happen every day around the world. It is not that they do not want to live well, they have never been taught to what to do for it, how to do it., Unless someone who has been blessed with better environment to grow up in "helps them" out, it is likely they go to crime. If they shoot your kid in order to survive, it is just as much the responsibility of the stronger ones than the weak one with not preconditions to get to the top.

The rules many want to see would work only in a world where everybody is born with the exactly same talents in the same family with same friends, same acquintances, same life. The world is not as black and white as you make it seem to be. That is why a system without no benefits can not create a strong society.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Well you pretty much described how society is today. I think most people believe that the government is doing a horrible job with America. Every week there is a new attempt to take away rights or raise taxes and we are starting wars in other countries and killing for greed. People want to see the government go down. That won't happen by voting the only possible way for things to change for the better is a collapse. It's a nessecary evil. Nobody knows if things will be better or worse but everyone knows something has to change. Mentally and physicaly I'm ready for whatever. No one can speak for anyone but themselves. If I die I die it's not like this world is that good of a place once you see what's been going on. After all the dust clears hopefully the survivors will make a better world. But the path were on only leads to the rich (1%) getting richer and the poor (everyone else) becoming slaves. I'd rather risk my life on a level playing field than die a slave. And also... Some people just want to watch the world burn

edit on 27-5-2013 by asher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I for one I do not want such a world!

Dog eat Dog!?!?! definately not......

All you have to do is go down to your local supermarket, convienience store, heck even the Dollar Store! there's an isle of pet food in everyone of these stores. they are all reasonable priced in easy to carry bags and cans.

Or just feed them what you eating. (if it happens to be dog your eating than that kind of null and voids my response so, never mind)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If we took away all the money and resources of every kind that we pump into our military-industrial complex, or retarded two party system, our rampant consumerism, our bloated government, tax credits for corporations that pollute our environment and take jobs oversees and on and on and everything else, we really would have plenty of resources to help those less fortunate and we would do it in a way that makes sense with true rehabilitation, compassion and in a way that strengthens our communities and our countries.

When we show no empathy or compassion for those that need help, we're usually coming from a place of fear and confusion. Take care of yourself and make sure that you're secure and prepared for anything and then help your family to a place of strength and then do the same for your community. It's easy really.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Many feel that the homeless, welfare, drug addicts, and other bottom of the barrel people are getting what they deserve and shouldn't be a drain on the rest of society.

What you are preaching and asking for is a dog eat dog world. A devolution from our civilized society. You wish to return to when everyone cared for just their immediate family and damn everyone else.

IWhy do so many wish to return to such a time?

I ask are all of you (who will probably be too shame to post in this thread) REALLY built for such a society? I don't think so, you actually want a society that's half civilized and half savage. Especially when it comes to yourselves.

How many of you are young, strong and trained to survive in such a savage society? I'd wager that there is a percentage who spew they want such a society but they would be among the first to expire should we return to such savagery!

Many of you speaking of all this heartlessness are out of shape and may even have disabilities. You would be among the FIRST to expire. You should want this society to be as civilized as possible. You are all hypocrites!

No one wants to go back on soup lines,but if you knew anything about the welfare system ,you would understand why most people find welfare recipients so distasteful.
Not all,but more than 60%.
Its pretty much why the country is broke ,and the govt perpetuates it .
edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join