It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with the flashing screen ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Can someone explain why when I'm on ATS, the screen emits a flash, every few minutes? If someone tells me its refreshing itself, then why don't other message boards do this?
Also I understand you need to have advertisements on your site, but they are getting more and more annoying, flashing banners that are easy to trigger into full page adds etc...
But mostly I want to know whats with the white flash that gets emitted every few minutes...Its distracting...I have used this site on and off for quite some time and have only noticed this flash in recent months.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
ATS has become annoying in that sense - but I suffer from no white flashing,maybe it's your comp?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Yeah, I've wondered that myself. It's hard not to think 'subliminal messaging' (albeit in an easter egg kind of way), right? Haha, I've actually thought about setting up a screen recorder to see if anything is there.

It was explained in another thread a few months back though. No easter eggs, just a bright flash; supposedly just a clumsy refresh.

link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Huh, Im surprised, I thought it would be a universal issue...I don't think its anything to do with my screen as I so not notice this flash on any other web site. Also i just waited to see what happens when the topic index screen refreshes, and there is no flash. So the flash is happening for some other reason..
Anyone else notice this...for what it's worth ive not seen the flash since i logged on in the last hour...but its been really bugging me this last few days, as its very distracting..

link   
Unplug your web cam and the flashing will stop but nobody will know who you are at the ATS Christmas party

edit on 27-5-2013 by minkmouse because: Dumbass spelling, sue me!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DupontDeux

Yeah, I've wondered that myself. It's hard not to think 'subliminal messaging' (albeit in an easter egg kind of way), right? Haha, I've actually thought about setting up a screen recorder to see if anything is there.

It was explained in another thread a few months back though. No easter eggs, just a bright flash; supposedly just a clumsy refresh.

Thanks for replying, so its not just me..that's a relief. Maybe you should set your trap up to see if you find any surprises. Like I said I don't see this on another web site so very odd that the site built around conspiracies would just so happen to have such a "clumsy" refresh.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

web cam is toast...the flash is coming from the screen not the cam.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you have Malware or some kind of virus..

might want to run a scan and see..

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
ATS is speaking to you... It's time to eat the walrus agent 7. Report back once your assignment is finished.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

My attempt at humor failed I see. If it helps, I get refresh cycles due to the nature of the way the site refreshes to stay 'live" but no flashes my end.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yeah I've been getting those white flashes too, but only on my Android tablet. It doesn't happen on my desktop PC.
Weird, I was thinking there might be a bug in CM10 that was causing it.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Are ATS mods qualified to use neuralizers? That would explain a lot...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
They were told to modify the flash on that camera!!!! You are not supposed to know your web cam is being used to snap your picture! They did a much better version for your TV's. The Alphabet agencies are so sloppy here on ATS!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I can't explain it, but I know that on my tablet ATS is constantly flashing and disappearing momentarily, usually when the giant full page ads that are impossible to close out pop up, and after the giant banner ads at the bottom accidentially take me to some obscure Internet product.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Midnight4444

Everytime i post, theres a flash of brilliance. Sorry.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

I have had no flashes at all where are you @ in ATS that you get these flashes is it on the home page or where...BTW I am using my lap top...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Glad it's not just me. Started a few days ago on my ipad. It's annoying. It's feels like someone is taking my picture!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Might have something to do with threads we have started? I notice the few people who have noticed the flashes have all started threads concerning the US government...My guess is that the flashes are due to a computer program that detects and copies any pages that mention the government. Probably so that authorities can dredge through them all in case there are any threats in them.

Yes, yes i know you will balk at the notion...but obviously the government/s need to keep constant vigilance on sites such as this.. and it would take too much manpower to scour every thread 24 hours a day.

The other reason Im thinking this is the reason is because I used to use yahoo messenger and when I would make comments about the TV show Breaking Bad..for example..I would mention me7h and murd3r and as soon as I typed in words like that, messenger would shut down for a few minutes...I noticed if I mentioned any other word that might be considered suspicious like that show is "da b0mb" messenger would also get knocked offline. it happened so often that I deliberately typed in key words to see if i could trigger shut downs, and every time i did it, it worked.. ... as though making jokes or using certain slang worlds would trigger it to go offline, because they could be interpreted as dangerous words..so im sure there is a computer program that hunts key words and monitors your web pages. it became so frustrating just trying to have a innocent conversation, that i quit using messenger.

Dont believe me...try using yahoo messenger, and have a chat with someone and use obvious key words that can be interpreted in more than one way......you will end up using lots of key words that will trigger a shut down of your messenger. Im sure these white flashes are the same thing.

edit on 29-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

top topics

join