It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question re: homosexuality

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

There isn't a person on this planet who has universal acceptance from everyone. Not sure what your point is. Gay people aren't demanding universal acceptance; they're demanding equal rights.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Originally posted by deadeyedick
I very much agree with seabag and i disagree with the op somewhat because i have found the spiritual reason for all the problems with it. GOD created homosexuality as a form of punishment from past life going against him. I have been having visions of my pre life and i seen that on a spiritual level all soul mates were male and female but we are at the culmination of our human existence before GOD'S return and most vessels were already taken. So many soul mates went into same sex vessels. That does not take away from the fact that is is a form of punishment that many have to suffer and no pride should be taken in that but what do i know.

The scary part you refer to has been programmed into some humans just like the other has been.
edit on 27-5-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

Look guy, i am NOT being punished for anything, and since i'm 'Bi-sexual' am i being half punished? or is my "'Choice"" the wrong one?, god did not create me, nor 'Gay' as a punishment, and since i don't believe in god how does that work?

i have tons of Pride, i feel sad for anyone who has not the open mind to accept everything in life

The awareness of punishment is usually only known spiritually and only you can determine inside of you if you are being punished. The best thing to do is to find Jesus.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by LightOrange

I love figs....God doesn't hate figs or fig trees....just non productive ones...See how you twist things that you really don't know... And what right do you have to tell me not to judge....You just judged me..

My whole post had to do with "I am not your judge and you aren't mine" so if I don't agree with the(your)(Gay) lifestyle....don't try and make me...

I see, you don't like gays because they aren't productive. That is actually the reasoning I've heard from some other conservatives, It is kind of sad we are all so afraid to relax, and so eager to slave away.
edit on 27-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I am a gay man. It took me a couple bad marriages and a bit of reflection that my current wife has helped me recognize. Being gay is not a choice its as simple as that. I m still married to my beautiful wonderful wife whom loves and accepts me or who i am. However, she and i both know i like to be treated like a female and we have learned to deal with it while maintaining a monogamous relationship together. My point being is i am married to my wife but i am gay its not a choice its who i am. In addition, i am a christian who prays daily, but i have come to terms its not a sin to be who we are God created us this way. Thus the argument that gay marriage is wrong is a farce coming from men whom don't understand whom Jesus or God is. If you will argue it condemns you you have been condemned by far for slaughtering millions of Gods unborn children or divorce and adultery is far more condemned in the bible that behaving as a gay. In addition, there is a difference between being gay and being a sexual deviant and one must understand sexual perversion is a unhealthy, sinful and gives truly gay and lesbians a bad name. .

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
My guess is that it's a case of magical thinking. If people of the same sex get married, it will spread cooties throughout the spiritual matrix, and pollute the Bible-fearing government benefit plan with... something. The culture of ex-matrimonial enmity and 50% divorce rate will be then forever looked upon as worthless by the Divine Creator, and he will thus reach down his hand and strike the champagne-filled, rose petal-covered fairy tale magic from its very core.

And the Earth will implode from the Western world's anguish, and all organic lifeforms will be eradicated. Darkness shall then reign as the Demonic Overlord of Same-Sex Unity rises up and cackles in a deep, echoing voice that seems to emerge from the depths of Hades.
"You have done it, my minions!" he says to the dead gay marriage activists, though they do not hear. "This world is mine! And the color of the landscape matches my gray and tan cloak perfectly!"

edit on 27-5-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by seabag

Yep, just like I said - irrational fears. If they don't look like us, they don't deserve the same as us.

Well how else are we to know if someone is gay or an atheist if they don't express it in some way? It's not like people ASK! The reality is that nobody wants to know!! Why do gays make sure EVERYONE knows?? Why the need for acceptance?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange
reply to post by seabag

There isn't a person on this planet who has universal acceptance from everyone. Not sure what your point is. Gay people aren't demanding universal acceptance; they're demanding equal rights.

So take your rights and call it Civil Union!

What's the problem? The word "marriage" is the big hang up for most. What's your problem with civil union? Take your equal right and move along!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well, Christians do the same thing quite more often. In addition, how come someone can't tell someone else they are gay? Is that a problem? If it is a personal philosophy, what is the issue? Couldn't you tell someone you are a Christian? Or are you not comfortable with that?

People - not everyone is going to think the same as you! My God! How are any of us gonna have social skills?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I see, you don't like gays because they aren't productive. That is actually the reasoning I've heard from some other conservatives, It is kind of sad we are all so afraid to relax, and so eager to slave away.

Ummmmmm…..maybe REPRODUCTIVE is a better word!

Where would we be if not for…..oh, never mind!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Perhaps you would not see it if you were not looking for it?

Being judgmental of others is a serious character flaw that affects you in many ways. How can you judge when god says not to and far more prominently in the bible god condemns those whom pass judgement. Can you cast the first stone?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Ummmmmm…..maybe REPRODUCTIVE is a better word!

Where would we be if not for…..oh, never mind!

The gays could always adopt kids that would otherwise be aborted. But got it, that's what you were talking about.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaiker
reply to post by seabag

How can you judge when god says not to and far more prominently in the bible god condemns those whom pass judgement. Can you cast the first stone?

I'm not judging. I simply came here to answer the OP's question. I don't make or enforce religious doctrine. I'll have to refer you to the Bible.

“You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.” (NKJ, Leviticus 18:22)

“If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.” (NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

If people would stop violating the sanctity of marriage there would be no issue. I'm not going to keep repeating myself here.

Good night!

edit on 27-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by seabag

Yep, just like I said - irrational fears. If they don't look like us, they don't deserve the same as us.

Well how else are we to know if someone is gay or an atheist if they don't express it in some way? It's not like people ASK! The reality is that nobody wants to know!! Why do gays make sure EVERYONE knows?? Why the need for acceptance?

Why do women make sure everyone knows they are women? Why do men make sure everyone knows they are men? The answer is: they don't -- they just are who they are, and it's hard to hide it. You see two men walking hand in hand (as many couples do), it's pretty obvious they are gay. They're not allowed to walk hand in hand, just because it bothers you?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I will be honest with you though, there is a TON of this hatred going around between both conservatives and Democrats. It isn't exclusive to you. There is a lot of fear from every angle right now.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Totally, Kay. I also think that more discussion about issues openly (what your Christian beliefs are, what your sexual orientation is, or whatever!) is totally important because it exposes everyone to what they used to be exposed to in every day life - diverse opinions!

I completely disagree with the guy you replied to that we shouldn't discuss issues. Look what happens when we don't - we verge on civil war! My God.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The gays could always adopt kids that would otherwise be aborted. But got it, that's what you were talking about.

FROM WHO???

If everyone was gay, from whom would they adopt?

Adoption is not reproduction! It's unsustainable (much like our government's spending habits)!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaiker
reply to post by seabag

How can you judge when god says not to and far more prominently in the bible god condemns those whom pass judgement. Can you cast the first stone?

I'm not judging. I simply came here to answer the OP's question. I don't make or enforce religious doctrine. I'll have to refer you to the Bible.

“You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.” (NKJ, Leviticus 18:22)

“If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.” (NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

If people would stop violating the sanctity of marriage their would be no issue. I'm not going to keep repeating myself here.

These are historical documents relating laws from the past. Let's say that that we found a historical document stating that fishermen had to carry so many barrels of fresh water on their ship when on an ocean voyage? And then we tried to apply it to people who wanted to fish in a park? How is that even relevant?

Even if God was wise and made the rule about how many barrels of water would logistically be needed for a certain voyage, it still isn't relevant. How would God feel if he saw everyone carrying barrels of water to fish at the pond?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm reluctant to get into yet another homosexuality thread. Unless people are interested in discussing and learning, the topic gets useless in a hurry.

I'm posting in this thread because this is a little different kind of homosexuality thread. Seabag was perceptive and concise when he said:

Why didn't you title your thread " I want to know why you disagree with me on gay marriage so I can call you names and dismiss your response because I disagree"??
I believe he was honestly expressing what he saw as obvious from the first page or two.

This thread seems to have been conceived as petty, dishonest, mean-spirited, and angry. I can't see any good purpose in it. I have no argument with the OP as a person, it just seems a shame he was associated with this.

But, on to the question.

Gay marriage (And, no, I still haven't forgiven anyone for destroying that happy word "gay.") eliminates the traditional definition of marriage and replaces it with a new one. Instead of being a union centered on the welfare of children, male-female procreation, and the benefit to the public. "Marriage" will become something any two people who really like each other can do.

The incentives given to by the State to encourage the older purposes of marriage, will now be distributed to people who can claim to be BFFs.

What problems does it cause? The fundamental problem is that, whatever your beliefs about marriage were in the past, you must not hold them publicly any longer, or you will be punished. For example, if someone opposed to gay marriage owns a meeting hall and does not wish it to be used to promote gay marriage, he may be charged and fined.

If the group owning such a hall is a religious group, they may lose their tax exempt status.

Counsellors and other professionals not wishing to work with gays have lost their licenses.

Individuals have been fired for expressing traditional marriage views in facebook postings.

Schools will teach your children that gay marriage is perfectly normal, acceptable, and the equivalent of heterosexual marriage, without even informing you that they will, or allowing you to get your children excused. Your children may be exempted from saying the Pledge of Allegiance, but they won't be exempted from gay friendly lessons and teachings.

Any attempt to insert meaningful conscience clauses in state laws have been rejected.

While the homosexual drive for full rights for everyone seems innocent at first glance, in fact it is being obtained only by depriving others of their rights. Some will argue that equal rights for gays is so essential to society that any cost is worth paying, but I wonder. Certainly gays believe it's a good deal, but what does society get from it? In other words, what positive reason is there to afford gays the right to change the concept of marriage?

It has been well expressed, "What does it matter what two consenting adults do in their bedrooms?" The answer is that's between them and their God. But gay marriage goes far beyond bedrooms.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by LightOrange

I love figs....God doesn't hate figs or fig trees....just non productive ones...See how you twist things that you really don't know... And what right do you have to tell me not to judge....You just judged me..

My whole post had to do with "I am not your judge and you aren't mine" so if I don't agree with the(your)(Gay) lifestyle....don't try and make me...

Figs depicted to be evil in the Bible multiple times. Not that that's really the point, it's more of a play on how close "Figs" is to "Fags". Jesus condemned figs; never once had anything to say about homosexuality, though. I've read the Bible cover to cover three times. If you were standing right in front of me right now, I'd name all the books for you in order and give you a synopsis on each book and embarass the faith out of you. You're the one who has no idea what you're talking about, sorry.

Jeremiah 29:17
Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will send upon them the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, and will make them like vile figs, that cannot be eaten, they are so evil.

Mark 11:13-14
Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it.

And why do I have the right to tell you not to judge people? Why am I able to judge you? First of all, I'm not Christian. I don't subscribe to a faith that demands that I be accepting of people. Second of all, I'm not judging you; I'm observing your hiypocrisy and outlining it. You're using the Bible to justify your judgments on other people which are based on otherwise irrational fears, even though New Testament folks are supposed to be anti-judgmental. I'm wondering if you can see anything through that log in your eye; must be really hard throwing stones with that in the way, no? WWJD? Not accept people? Come on, pull your head out of your rear and stop parroting your parents' bigotry, "for Christ's sake"

Either way, it doesn't matter I suppose. Your opinion is void according to your God:

Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

reply to post by kaylaluv

So, God is perfectly okay with Satanists and atheists getting a marriage license?

I guess the church has an issue with Satanists and atheists if they walk in looking like this.

There is nothing subtle about being gay…you do know that, right?

I'm gonna leave the second pic, because many people would find it offensive. The general attitude the person in the picture gives off is an intention to offend anyway.

However I completely disagree with you about being gay not being subtle. All that statement actually says is that you have noticed a small group of gay people. who like the person in the bottom picture have gone out of their way to be noticed, and often doing so by being generally offensive.

Ask yourself this question; If one in 10 people are gay, how many do I know? If you say none, then truth is you probably do, they have just chosen to hide it from you.

Case in point. I am the boss at my work. I have about 20 employees and I keep my personal life separate from business because I am there to guide my team to success, not be a gay ambassador to them. How many of them know I am gay? Not many actually. I have heard them arguing amongst themselves whether I am or not and most of them say that I am not. (it's amazing what you overhear as a boss, lol)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join