It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question re: homosexuality

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Originally posted by kaylaluv

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Homosexuality IS normal

To homosexuals this statement is correct......ONLY to homosexuals though....You need to clear that up I think to make this statement accurate...

I think what she means is that it is normal to have a certain percentage of a population (animal or human) be homosexual. What would be abnormal is to see a population that had zero percent homosexuality.

Why?

Because we see homosexuality in all walks of life, in all cultures, in all time frames, etc., etc. I am not aware of any culture where homosexuality hasn't been dealt with in some way. Just like it's normal to have a certain percentage of people in any society be left-handed. It would be unusual, rare, or ab-normal to come across a society where there were absolutely no left-handed people. Same with homosexuality.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Originally posted by Propulsion
I don’t have a problem with gay people, but I DO have a problem with gay people making out, kissing, etc., in public. That stuff needs to stay in the closet and/or bedroom. I use to do stuff like that when I was a teenager, but then I realized there was a time and place for it! When I was a kid, I thought it was COOL to do so! I don’t care if you’re trying to make a point, but doing crap like that in public is childish and immature. Grow-up!

i don't have a problem with straight people, i DO have a problem with Straight people making out, kissing, etc., in public

sound good?
I have just as much of a problem with straight people doing it in public as well. ADULTS should keep that stuff in the bedroom.

Again, I did that stuff in public when I was a TEENAGER! I grew-up though, and realized how childish and immature it was! It's very rare to see straight adults doing that in public. Do you see straight people throwing parades and dressing in leather chaps making out? If so, please show me...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

But if it ceased to exist in the first place, would we know anything is abnormal?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

But if it ceased to exist in the first place, would we know anything is abnormal?

I'm not sure I understand the question. If anything that exists now never existed to begin with, of course we wouldn't be aware of it. You can't know what was never there. But, homosexuality HAS existed in every culture and era, DOES exist in every culture currently, so it only follows that it WILL exist in the future.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

nothing is scary.It's just disgusting. Many just don't want you "people" near them or their families. Hence the mass exodus from the boy scouts in some areas. I feel bad for the kids that you "adopt" that you will brainwash into your way.. But hey thats the only way you can keep your confused population going.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

In all fairness, straight people are not the ones fighting for recognition as equals.

You oppress people enough things like that are bound to happen, maybe instead of casting aspersions one should think about why they are doing it.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Not just cultures and civilisations. Homosexuality has been noted in over 500 different animal species. It is as common in nature as ignorance and bigotry are on the internet

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Marriage is a religious ceremony. Call it something else and move on.
reply to post by seabag

Yes exactly, you can imagine it is a wholly religious ceremony if you like.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

Not just cultures and civilisations. Homosexuality has been noted in over 500 different animal species. It is as common in nature as ignorance and bigotry are on the internet

Touche

Same sex unions were actually celebrated in the early Christian Faith. John Boswell's book Same sex unions - demonstrates that there was actual Christian rituals specifically for such marriages. Nature teaches us that it is not alien. Eg., dogs shag dogs as well as bitches.

And if you want an historical marker - check out the Spartan history.

S

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

The threat to the institution of marriage has already been compromised. It was compromised when it was declared a state institution. The only reason homosexuals want to get married is because they want the same type of breaks,benefits, etc.. that is received whenever you get a marriage license. If it was deemed a religious institution like it was originally then it wouldnt even be an issue. Like always, its the states fault that we have to deal with this BS. Problem, Reaction, Solution....Divide and Conquer.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blahable

nothing is scary.It's just disgusting. Many just don't want you "people" near them or their families. Hence the mass exodus from the boy scouts in some areas. I feel bad for the kids that you "adopt" that you will brainwash into your way.. But hey thats the only way you can keep your confused population going.

Hypocritical much? Or just trolling? - Either way your post is very sad..

Most people who are this homophobic are usually one of the following;

- Closet gay
- Gay in denial
- Victim of abuse
- Brainwashed
- Under educated/Unintelligent
- Or generally just not very nice people

edit on 29/5/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

you REALLY said that last sentence ^ they need to adopt to keep their population going...you are so IGNORANT....If every gay person was gone tomorrow, it wouldn't matter, there will always be a percent of the population that ends up being gay...and who makes the babies... all the straight men and women (you know what I mean)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
in my personal opinion the scary thing about same sex marriage is that it will stop people from reproducing. thats right, if you have two guys playing butt bandit there will be no future groundbreaking scientist made from that act.
if two women are doing dildo dances there will be no possible future NASA astronaut made from that..

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

1)Im straight.
2)There is not one single statistic out there that shows a child raised in a homosexual household is more likely to grow up and be homosexual.
3)I feel bad for any kids that you may have that you will "brainwash" with your homophobic ways. (Yup, you can deny it all you want, but that fear is showing, loud and clear.)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkYouSpeak
in my personal opinion the scary thing about same sex marriage is that it will stop people from reproducing. thats right, if you have two guys playing butt bandit there will be no future groundbreaking scientist made from that act.
if two women are doing dildo dances there will be no possible future NASA astronaut made from that..

So you are afraid that gay marriage will somehow make straight couple go extinct? How does that correlate?

Also, does this mean that you think that keeping gay people from being able to marry somehow means that they will somehow be more likely to reproduce with a straight person?
edit on 29-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
but there will always be many more straights then gays...so that doesn't wash at all. We are not running out of straight people now....but if we allow the gays to marry....it doesn't change the percentages....men and women will still have children as they always do.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Who are these gay extremists anyways??? I have gay family members and they're never screaming or hollering about getting married because they're living their lives like regular people! Seems like there's a super extreme minority of gay people who want to run around with pink shirts tied around their wastes with rainbow flags and fireworks screaming I'M GAY I'M GAY LOOK AT ME!!!!!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Maybe it's the 'Straights' that are confused, maybe we are the 'Normality', maybe you are brainwashing your kids?

seeing post like this used to get me angry at the intolerance, now i find it sad at the ignorance, and the ignorance you teach your children, to keep them in a closed box lack of thought and freedom,

you are brainwashing your children into thinking a certain way

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It is really very simple. We live in a society where we get married to the person we love. It is one of our most socially fundemental "rituals". Thats it.. most of us wants to get married to the person we love.

It does not matter what a religious book says, it does not matter what governments say. People just want to be married to the one they love, for the simple sake of being married.

Everyone says marriage is sacred.. then why are there restrictions? If marriage was sacred, the church should stay out of it, the governments should stay out of it and everyone else but the two people involved in that marriage should stay the F out of it. THAT would be sacred, when the rules and restrictions of a marriage is decided by the people involved in it.
All the governments got to do about it is say: "Aight, we'll note down, that your married now, have fun". The end.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join