It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question re: homosexuality

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Interesting fact however. Before the EF-5 tornado in Moore Oklahoma last week, a couple hours before that there was a gay pride parade. Just something for some folks to think about and wonder over.
I thought and Pondered.

There were about 20 Tornado's in those few Days.
Using your Intelligent Deduction, there must have been 20 Gay Pride Parades.

And one just had to land right where it was going on, a second time Moore was hit. The next one there might not be a city left. More than 1 kind of sin, you don't know what else was going on to bring the others. This was as much for those people as it was for the nation itself. Hurricane Sandy, earthquake that damaged the washington monument...oh there's so much going on right now, you just don't know.

Wow, I thought the Obama is a shape-shifting lizard posters were deluded, but this takes the cake.

Your invisible friend (who is omnipotent and all-loving) is angry (and not all-loving) because a bunch of homosexuals dared to show their pride, so God (invisible friend who doesn't exist) levels a town.

I think the Reptilian crowd are funnier than the God-botherers.
I can only hope that this all-loving invisible friend teams up with the shape shifting lizards to make a Gay Pride YouTube clip called 'God vs the Draco vs the homosexual infidels who will perish in tornadoes'

Are Reptilian shape-shifters gay, and who will win a battle between them and the invisible non-existent God?
edit on 29-5-2013 by cuckooold because: pedant about spelling errors

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

I think this would be a fine idea for a Chick Publications rag.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thewhiteribbon

there has been all sorts of kinky loving sexual conduct since Sumerian times, good on them and power to them, greeks changed it to suit them. then the jews have the first certificate but the point is the "contract" has changed to suit the majority of socitey since inception, but the marriage today is mostly hetero couples and a church thing, we have to accept that and not create a big deal and keep fighting over trivial things. Marriage hasn't changed direction for 5000 year to suite a minority and backlash the majority has it? where?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kickstart

marriage isnt a church thing.. or a hetero thing... its a commitment that the church or hetero world do not own.. its got nothing to do with them.. we dont have to accept anything.. the laws are changing internationally.. they are changing because its called evolving.. gays will be able to adopt now, because its the way your god intended it to be.. if jesus was alive today, he would be for gay marriage, and most likely would be an out homosexual, just like he was back in the bible days.. that long hair, not married, gentle nature and surrounded by all those men, he was gay all along..

jesus is the king of the gays..

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickstart
reply to post by thewhiteribbon

there has been all sorts of kinky loving sexual conduct since Sumerian times, good on them and power to them, greeks changed it to suit them. then the jews have the first certificate but the point is the "contract" has changed to suit the majority of socitey since inception, but the marriage today is mostly hetero couples and a church thing, we have to accept that and not create a big deal and keep fighting over trivial things. Marriage hasn't changed direction for 5000 year to suite a minority and backlash the majority has it? where?

Alright, so you quote a clear lineage for marriage that comes down from the Jews and passed on to us via Christianity.

How then I ask you did India, China, Southeast Asia, pre-Christian Europe, the original peoples of the americas. those of the South pacific etc etc and cavemen before that define relationships?

If one follows the theory of evolution, then it follows that we went from a point where we as humans went from having a mate to the first ceremony of finding that mate. I ask you therefore to prove to me that it was the Jews that invented marriage on a global scale.

You do realise that if nothing changed because we rigidly stuck to tradition we would never have invented the wheel, because it would have been too controversial, we would never have learned to light fire, because no-one before us had done it. Nobody would have ventured forth and discovered new lands because 'we have always lived just here, so why bother.'

Marriage is not a tradition that cannot be changed because of heritage. We are our own living heritage and in a few thousand years time they will laugh at how stupid and unenlightened we were in the early 21st century
edit on 29-5-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewhiteribbon
reply to post by kickstart

marriage isnt a church thing.. or a hetero thing... its a commitment that the church or hetero world do not own.. its got nothing to do with them.. we dont have to accept anything.. the laws are changing internationally.. they are changing because its called evolving.. gays will be able to adopt now, because its the way your god intended it to be.. if jesus was alive today, he would be for gay marriage, and most likely would be an out homosexual, just like he was back in the bible days.. that long hair, not married, gentle nature and surrounded by all those men, he was gay all along..

jesus is the king of the gays..

Now that you mention it.. I've never seen Jesus and Dumbledore in the same book at the same time...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I think the more upset someone gets about gays and marriage only shows that they have some hidden agenda themselves (thoughts of; or fantasy of being with the same sex). Perhaps they feel trapped by their environment and/or people around them (family, friends, work colleagues)
Common sense tells me this: I'm a straight married woman and gay marriage doesn't bother me in the least, I am all for humans being happy. It does not affect me or my life.
*(AND before this is asked, I will answer) If one of my children were gay, so what? How will that change my bond and love for that child? It Doesn't! You can turn love off and on. Life doesn't work that way and if yours does there is something horribly wrong with you!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

The word has meant alot to many on a high level. To them its about family and kids. If you marry to not have kids it's just the tittle but to many it's not.

Gay people can and do have children and *gasp* they have families too, bzzzzzzt next.

Originally posted by kickstartMake up a word for gay marriage that means gay marriage or call it just that "gay marriage" but don't try to change the meaning of a specific word that has meant so much to so many. Why should hundreds of millions of people change a long standing/spiritual word to suit a group outside that word.

The word "marriage" has many meanings and laws and regulations throughout the world, it has never, ever had one single meaning - and the definitions of marriage HAVE been changed, countless times throughout history everywhere in the world.

Go read up on the history of marriage, what the definitions were and who has been allowed to marry who throughout history - open your eyes, I dare you.

In respecting everyone we leave something thats not broken alone

Marriage is not broken? OK, let's take a look at those divorce rates......

Originally posted by kickstartPut forward a celebration with a meaning and call it what you like. BINGO. Why do you want their word, is it the word or the meaning your after. The word has no meaning to you as it doesn't apply to you. so you don't want the word. The meaning can be put to any new word/phrase, You want the meaning and the word, off i wish everyone was gay so marriage would have originally been only gays and we could all have it. Sorry heterosexual couples made it up first.. If you married a man and called it "jkdfh" it would be the same as marriage in everyway to me, why can't you see that.

So, you're OK with full equal rights but that specific word is special and magic it can only apply to hetersexual couples? You're talking riddles mate. Utter nonsense.

You know at one time, interracial marriage was not allowed - guess what, white people still marry each other and the sky didn't fall. And just like racial equality, those against any existing inequalities are on the losing team, you can only ever lose - no matter how long it takes human goodness will always win, always.

Like I said, baseless fears - scared little people. No one is taking anything away from you, it's alright, there, there..... There, there.

edit on 29-5-2013 by VelvetSplash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
By the time your kids reach 6th grade they will have been tought who H. Milk was.By the time your kids are in 7th grade they will have no idea who N.Tesla was. Why?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorAce
By the time your kids reach 6th grade they will have been tought who H. Milk was.By the time your kids are in 7th grade they will have no idea who N.Tesla was. Why?

I believe you have an answer to that question, MajorAce, I would love to hear it.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorAce

Why are you comparing political figures to scientists?

I personally think people don't learn about Tesla because he was working on a means of free energy. The government certainly would not endorse such a thing. That has absolutely nothing to do with Harvey Milk.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Okeyd57

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Very simple question here. It is simple logic that gay marriage cannot and will not effect any person outside of that particular relationship. It cannot effect my marriage. It cannot effect yours.

With that in mind, I have to ask:

What is so scary about gay marriage? Fear is literally the only reason that people are against it (whether it be religious fear, social fear, etc). There is no other logical reason.

So, again, I ask: What is so scary about gay marriage?

Fear should be enough. I would fear a judgement day where I had to answer to God why I supported and accepted gay relationships, when even nature shows us it isn't natural. Any relationship that can't propagate our species is doomed to extinction. That's why the Bible tells us it's wrong. I can't comfortably call myself a christian and support gay marriage. No way, no how.

There is no reason for you to deny your Christian beliefs.

What most gay etc. people would ask you is to separate the church from the state, and stop supporting a legal ban on their marriage. Or stop supporting candidates that would put a certain religious agenda into the law for everyone, which includes people of other religions and atheists as well.

That is not the same thing as approving of it in a metaphysical-religious sense. You can always add that "from a Christian point of view, I disapprove of it."

This separation is part of what American tradition is all about, since the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
Similarly, I do not think abortion is a great thing from a spiritual POV, yet I would support a woman's right to choose - I am not God and I cannot judge everyone... In a way, that is also what Christ said when advising his disciples to refrain from judging people, lest they should be judged themselves. What is more, he preferred the company of "sinners" and felt genuine compassion for their souls. If he disapproved of homosexuality, he surely advised them so, but this we do not know for certain.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

dude dressed skirt and go to a nearby yeshiva inculcate tolerance but if anyone would come to school for my children I long to kick

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Homosexuality IS normal

To homosexuals this statement is correct......ONLY to homosexuals though....You need to clear that up I think to make this statement accurate...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Sorry Mark....In your last post you just compared gays to inventing the wheel?

I guess I am just trying to wrap my head around that one.....You think that experimenting with the male species as a male is the same as experimenting with advancing our race?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think those who are most outwardly anti gay are fighting a battle with their own sexuality and this is a manifestation of it.

It bothers me not a jot if a gay loving couple want to legalise their relationship in marriage, such a thing would not affect me or mine in the slightest, but it may make them happy secure and contented. What sane person could find a reason to oppose that?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Homosexuality IS normal

To homosexuals this statement is correct......ONLY to homosexuals though....You need to clear that up I think to make this statement accurate...

I think what she means is that it is normal to have a certain percentage of a population (animal or human) be homosexual. What would be abnormal is to see a population that had zero percent homosexuality.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Gay marriage scares me because I am gay.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Homosexuality IS normal

I think what she means is that it is normal to have a certain percentage of a population (animal or human) be homosexual. What would be abnormal is to see a population that had zero percent homosexuality.

Why?

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join