It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question re: homosexuality

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

So you have a fear of change? Now it's making sense.

Human rights in the 60's did not lead to animals having the same rights now did it?

Irrational fear based on religious conditioning and insecurities.

I'll bill you later for the psychoanalysis session.

"Religion is an illusion, and it derives its strength from the fact that it falls in with our instinctual desires." Sigmund Freud

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba
reply to post by Iamschist

That's cool. I was agreeing with you, girl.

Obviously not used to that! Thanks

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Holy crap is there a westboro member on this site? Lonewolf did you just say that the tornadoes in the south were because of a gay parade? WOW..stupidity at it's best.

Someone made a comment about my avatar...it means nothing..found while looking for avatars and I liked the way it looked. It is not a representation about how I feel about myself...
I just liked it...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I get several calls per day asking for money and when you are retired, you just can't give much; and I don't want to give money to NWO groups with agendas I'm totally against like homosexual marriage. Now I ask the callers questions like: Does your organization support homosexual marriage? Do you think homosexuality will help young people become better adults? Do you think business, government and media should promote homosexuality? Traditional folks will strongly agree and the perverts hang-up. Is 5:20 Woe unto those who call evil good and good evil.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
apparently we are the cause of all horrid events due to "God Wrath" at our 'Life Choice'

The Ultimate Shade Of It All

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulReaper
reply to post by KyrieEleison

Try reading my post again and point out to me where I wanted to deny anybody anything.

once again, you cannot force me to join your delusion of what the word Marriage means.

You can change its definition in the dictionary, you can legislate whatever laws you want from the state and federal level, you can convince the majority of the people on the planet that your definition is correct... that doesn't matter..

You cannot deny me my right to perceive marriage to be a Covenant relationship between a man and a woman sealed with the act for human procreation.

Don't be so intolerant of others beliefs.

Soul

You're funny... So you will acknowledge, by your religious beliefs/standards, the marriage between any male and female at face value, as being a covenant between them and god for the purpose of procreation ? That's stand up comedy for atheists and people getting married past the age of being able to procreate. People I know get married to have a life together regardless of each other's religious beliefs yet more for the fact that it legitimizes their relationship within society and gives legal rights to the individuals involved.
Too often Gay people get labeled as promiscuous by judgemental religious people yet there they are... gay couples attempting to validate their relationships within the framework of the term 'marriage' and still the god folk want to deny them that credibility. As I see it since we live in a democratic society... views that represent oppression, bigotry and intolerance based on fundamental religious beliefs would be perfectly suited within an Islamic state like Iran.

Sorry but your beliefs have little to do with the reasons many people chose to unite their lives under the term of marriage.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Fear comes from a mind in turmoil itself.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
apparently we are the cause of all horrid events due to "God Wrath" at our 'Life Choice'

The Ultimate Shade Of It All

... and yet we could also be interpreted as ... doing their god's (Christian) work. In testing a person's ability to be a Christian rather than following the Old Testament which their Christ/Jesus had come forth to make redundant for the violent, hateful and judgmental infection it had on the historical population. Too often people claim to be Christian yet their judgements are still within the Old Testament framework, even though their Christ said its not their place to make such judgements or take actions outside the response of Jesus which was to show love, compassion and acceptance and that each person has their own path to God.
Ps... When Jesus came along, the concept of God's intent and personality did a 180 backflip into sanity and compassion, giving hope to humanity, yet the irony and confusingly schizophrenic nature of the Deity has not escaped me. Which also makes me question the cognitive dissonance of the common Christian judgements and intolerance for others, and their awaited 180 backflip of belief/thoughts/actions before they reach their God.
edit on 29-5-2013 by LexiconV because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It seems a lot of people are against it because of what they believe Christianity says about homosexuality. Little do they realize that in the New Testament the author Paul explicitly says that homosexuals should not be punished, simply because homosexuality is not a sin, but rather it is a punishment for sin. Now personally I do not agree with this, as I think biologically speaking homosexuality is quite natural for some people, but those who explicitly follow the Bible would do good to read up on what it actually says.

It is obvious to me that certain people are born gay. Their brain chemistry is different from others. I have always preached that a person, gay or straight, cannot choose who they are attracted to. It is a biological response, not a choice. And some people just cannot get this through their head, even though it is a proven fact. Homosexuality is found all throughout the animal kingdom, not just in humans, which is just further proof that it is a biological occurrence, not a lifestyle choice. Forcing a person who is a homosexual to date or marry people they are not attracted to would be just as bad as forcing a straight person to marry or date a gay person. That is how they feel about it, it just seems wrong to them. This is because their brain chemistry is different from that of straight people. It is quite simple really, but too many are ignorant of this fact.

I see nothing wrong with gay marriage. What harm can it do? If two people want to marry each other, no one should be able to tell them they cannot get married. This is a gross violation of Constitutional rights. As long as the marriage takes place between two consenting adults, it should not matter what sex the people are. But I would draw the line at people attempting to marry non-human animals or inanimate objects. There are sick people out there like that, although they cannot help it really, but marriage should only be allowed between two legal, consenting adults.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
There should be no restrictions on the freedoms of consenting adults.

Anybody who believes freedoms should be held to a vote does not believe in freedom either. They believe in tyranny of the majority.

There aren't any restrictions. What the gays want is restrictions. They can already live together and do what they want. They want to be restricted to each other, and they want the government involved in their business. That's the problem. They see the government is involved in the straight couples life, and they want the government to come into their life too.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrick99

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Originally posted by markosity1973

I would say that a lot of people who are anti gay marriage or anti gay, are in fact themselves gay. Whether they know it or not is a different subject.

Good question, and good luck when the god squad arrive.

That's certainly an interesting perspective. What sources can you provide to back this claim up though?

It's just something I've noticed through life in general. I know a lot of gay people, and a good handful of them are over 60.
It's just my opinion of course.

I think you've seen "American Beauty" one too many times.

I think you've just shown your level of maturity and intelligence quite clearly.
Fyi i haven't seen American Beauty

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

I would say that a lot of people who are anti gay marriage or anti gay, are in fact themselves gay. Whether they know it or not is a different subject.

Good question, and good luck when the god squad arrive.

That's certainly an interesting perspective. What sources can you provide to back this claim up though?

It's just something I've noticed through life in general. I know a lot of gay people, and a good handful of them are over 60.
It's just my opinion of course.

Opinions are of course always welcome, but I also know a lot of gay folk who would dearly love to marry. I know couples who have gone ahead and got engaged in the hopes that one day they will be able to marry.

Yes i do too. Many many gay people would rather be straight and would love to marry and have children, this is very common.
edit on 27/5/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

Many many gay people would rather be straight? That's wishful thinking more than anywhere near rooted in fact.

Yes, i have spoken to many. Why would anyone 'choose' to be frowned upon and even hated by millions?
edit on 29/5/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Yes, i have spoken to many. Why would anyone 'choose' to be frowned upon and even hated by millions?
I think your Hate has Blinded you my Friend.

You see , The only Person who has made a Choice , is You.

You Choose to be Small Minded and Ignorant.

It's a Free Country, even though People like you want to Limit other Peoples Freedom;s, so Good Luck with your Choice's.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

3) the Nazis tried to have selective breeding to create the "Master Race", but at the time, this was frowned upon. But, we've figured out a different way to arrive at the same result. First we must attack marriage. To grant gays the right to marry. To demand "equal rights" for all civil unions. To remove the rights straight couples have that gay couples can't naturally obtain, to make it more fair. To replace all conception with lab conception + adoption, now that we have both gay and straight on the same level needing to adopt. Then, since we're creating all kids in the lab, we can finally "select" the characteristics of each child to create that "Master Race".

See the progression?

It's the very same plan hacked out in Germany in the 1940s, except, it's taking a more gradual path, and circuitous route, so that people don't realize what the ultimate goal is. At every step of the way, we fight for just "one link" in the chain of events required to enact the grand plan.

Since the public is only conscious of that "one link" while we fight for it, and can't see the whole chain, the objections raised are more easy to overcome. Once people have gotten used to gay marriage, and it's common place everywhere, the next step is to refine the marriage laws to make them more equal.

Once people accept that test tube babies are better than natural conception, we'll have the final link to enable us to control the population and the type of individuals that populate the earth.

At that point, we'll no longer need the gays.

This gay marriage movement is just an intermediate step.

One small link in the chain.

Look ahead, at the horizon, and see the setting sun.

edit on 28-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

[color=6699FF]indeed. Absolutely indeed. The globalist PTB are a bit schizophrenic re homosexuality. On one level, they seem to revel in it, exalt in it. On another level, they aren't interested in too many homosexuals being in charge of too much--at least not at the level of the serfs and slaves. There's too much instability, transience in relationships, commitments etc. to trust many such folks too far--even with--perhaps particularly with--tyrannical powers.

So, certainly they are happy to use it as another wedge issue to shred the OLD ORDER, culture, society, family . . . in order to make setting up the NWO far easier. Some think that once they achieve that, they'll send all the lower ranked homosexuals to the death chambers along with the remaining Christians.

It's often noted that AIDS wasn't targeted on heterosexuals. . . . but blacks and homosexuals--two interest groups the PTB have long been happy to use and manipulate toward their ends but not groups they want to remain in their tyrannical "utopia."

The homosexual marriage issue is merely an intensification of the culture, society, social fabric, family shredding strategies the PTB have long been using.

edit on 29/5/2013 by BO XIAN because: tags work in preview but not when posted. sigh

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

I think your Hate has Blinded you my Friend.

You see , The only Person who has made a Choice , is You.

You Choose to be Small Minded and Ignorant.

It's a Free Country, even though People like you want to Limit other Peoples Freedom;s, so Good Luck with your Choice's.

What on earth are you talking about??? I don't hate anybody ESPECIALLY gay people.

I suggest you read more carefully before posting your nonsense.

Edit: just in case this clear and concise post also goes over your head, i am PRO gay and PRO gay marriage.
I'm seriously thinking about getting my drawing pad out...
edit on 29/5/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulReaper

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Of course most such folks seem to come from the value system where

"there is no right or wrong--only what's right for you at the moment."

Without a STANDARD

and an AUTHORITY

DEVOLUTION is in full force.

= = =

BTW, some are given to getting away ragingly with repeated off topic rants about Jesus purportedly being a fantasy figure.

1. If I were to post hostile posts or comments against the reductionist objectivist value system here on this thread like that, I'd have likely received thousands of points deducted and an extended time out or worse many times over by now. I guess some folks have more 'get out of point reduction free' cards than the rest of us.

2. Journalist, former atheist Lee Strobel's THE CASE FOR THE REAL JESUS documents quite methodically the many proven historical records within and without the NT . . . easily proving the case for the REAL Evangelical New Testament Jesus--and that He was who He said He was.

= = =

In terms of more to the topic . . . Yes, Jesus made clear that those who DID THE WILL OF THE FATHER would live eternally with HIM. Those who didn't WOULD NOT. It is clear in the Old and New Testament that choosing homosexual behavior and lifestyle lands one on the short end of that stick.

Flounting that behavior in "marriage" is more on the order of the goings on with Soddom and Gomorrah wherein the townspeople wanted to sexually assault the male angels sent from God to rescue Lot and his family.

The NT warns that as it was in the days of Noah--a similar time--so it would be in the END TIMES.

The propaganda and lobbying efforts toward homosexual marriage is merely one example of that prophecy
being fulfilled.

Many Christians pointing a long boney finger at homosexuals forget that cowards are lumped in with homosexuals in one verse about those God will reject.

Our era is replete with exaggerated excesses of every kind. Obesity, alcoholism, workaholism, sexual addictions of every flavor . . . the list grows rapidly.

The PTB are gleeful to use such human flesh oriented excesses to shred the very social fabric of our culture and society. It makes the destruction of the USA and the OLD ORDER about as easy as a rotten apple falling off the tree all full of worms.

The homosexual marriage lobby is merely one set of seemingly quite compliant stooges and shills in the PTB's raging destruction tool kit.

edit on 29/5/2013 by BO XIAN because: typo

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The society we live in has had standards for a long time. To answer the OP: it affects us because it is a slippery slope. Next time I see your post, after the gays can marry, it will ask something like "What is wrong with polygamy? It doesn't bother your life...etc."

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX

Your assertions are simply OFF THE WALL FALSE, UNSCIENTIFIC, HISTORICALLY WRONG, FOOL-HARDY EXCUSES FOR 'scholarship,' . . . and worse.

More to the point, they add nothing to the issue of the OP.

Christians rightly construe marriage after a manner that has been historically affirming, confirming and stabilizing for cultures, societies, Nations for many millennia.

Pretending that Man/woman marriage is NOT greatly more advantageous for society, families and children is NOT good history; NOT good anthropology, NOT good sociology, NOT good psychology and NOT EVEN a gnat's fart's worth of horse sense.

Except for the judgment society's affirmation of homosexual marriage calls down from God--we all reap what we sow--as a society as well as individually--Joe and Blo getting hitched doesn't impact my life much at all--directly.

However, the lobbying, propaganda, IN YOUR FACE etc. hostility and the issue being used by the satanic globalist PTB to narrow more and more the boundaries within which Evangelical Christianity is tolerated legally and otherwise--THAT IS AN ISSUE WORTH STANDING UP AND BEING COUNTED OVER.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by SoulReaper
You cannot deny me my right to perceive marriage to be a Covenant relationship between a man and a woman sealed with the act for human procreation.

Don't be so intolerant of others beliefs.

I find it funny how people expect us to respect their beliefs.

You have no right to tell anyone to be tolerant of your beliefs.

Believing somethings and being something is two completely different animals. Respect people for what they are and do, not what they believe.

No one has to give your "beliefs" any respect at all. Especially when they are based on intolerance of people, not beliefs. If people respected your beliefs it would justify them, and you would never change. Beliefs are not a popularity contest, just because some agree with you it doesn't make your beliefs legitimate.

Marriage was around long before Christianity, so I will not give any respect to the notion that marriage is a religious ceremony. It doesn't matter what the definition is. Marriage does not require a religious ceremony, or the church at all. They just developed a monopoly on it to make money, you're falling for a scam.

You don't need...

• A Church
  • A Priest
  • A ceremony
  • Religion
  • Christian vows
  • White dresses
  • Confetti

In order to get married.

edit on 5/28/2013 by ANOK because: freudian slip

lmao at you honestly.

I Don't have the right to FREE Speech?? I am not allowed to request other people be tolerant of my right to believe what i choose to believe?

The extent of my position is live and let live, I am not required to condone or applaud anybody's life choices. Do whatever you want, you will answer to God, not me(again according to my beliefs, disregard them at your own peril).

So your premise here is that your perception of intolerance gives you the right to be intolerant?? honestly what are you saying?

You sound like the people who assume everyone is racist as a default position, so it gives them the right to be intolerant of people who they assume are intolerant.

utter insanity is what you suffer from and literally you are showing exactly what sort of cancer has infected society.

I will hate because I assume you hate is the beginning of all strife and pain in society.

I will love dis-regardless of your hate, but I will not condone, nor applaud you. Don't like it? Then come kill me or lock me up, I'm sure you will be able to justify it because after all your just "preventing me from doing it to someone else."

Finally, you are quite misinformed regarding what Christianity is and where it came from. The Christ for whom it is named is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. According to Christian belief, there is nothing before him, Christianity literally has its roots at the Beginning of all beginnings. Its roots stretch into eternity past and into eternity future. And marriage was introduced shortly after the inception of mankind through the Word of God, the very same Word of God that would later become flesh and dwell among us.

Go ahead, disagree and disregard and claim that Mans idea of what a marriage is trumps Gods idea. Do whatever you want, you cannot take away my intellectual right to perceive marriage as originating from divine decree for a purpose other then what society currently recognizes.

Be fruitful and multiply was Gods command after creating male and female, the ancient world understood this at least for a time before we proceeded to do what we do best, distort Gods meaning in favor of our own twisted thinking.

Go ahead and call marriage whatever you like and make up all your own rules about how it is entered into and for what reasons, do whatever you want. I will not agree with you and i will continue to quite freely speak my own perception of truth until you come and physically shut me up(i don't doubt that this might be coming).

In the meantime I will pray that we will live and let live.

Soul

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

It would appear that you have negligible understanding of what I've written and the foundations for my points.

Perhaps we don't even share sufficient vocabulary for a meaningful dialogue.

With a PhD in clinical psychology, I'm keenly aware of the dirty old man Freud. He was an early tool of the king of hell and of the globalist PTB.

We all reap what we sow. That includes Christians and homosexuals and the Amish and the Jihadi's and everyone.

I happen to have observed in my 66 years directly with clients and students and via study and other indirect means that the homosexual orientation and lifestyle has far more detractions, negative consequences, transitory relationships, broken relationships etc. than wonderful nirvanas.

Trying to formally force greater affirmations and social approvals and support for such dysfunctions is bad science, bad sociology, bad psychology, and hurtful to homosexuals and society in general. I cannot in good conscience support such absurdities.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join