It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Simple question re: homosexuality

page: 22
41
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by XaniMatriX
HUH you people are still arguing on behalf of a fairy tale.


And YOU people are still lingering on threads just to troll.

Just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean you have to hate-monger on people who do.

Yet Christians are condemned for their disagreements with gays.

I guess discrimination is okay if done by Atheists, right?

Disgusting.


Wait wait wait, please quote me saying "I hate people who believe in god", never did I say that.

I do believe in GOD, which is this planet. Giving me direct contact to the creator.

Discrimination is never okay no matter who it is done by, again i have not discriminated against anyone here, if you believe I did, then quote me.

Second of all, Christianity is based on a fairy tale, can someone please answer me why we don't recognise that as insanity?



You're referring to Christianity--and ANY belief in God that isn't "God is the earth" (pagan) as a fairy tale. That would be discrimination. And an uncalled-for mockery.

You have no more proof that Christianity, and other people's belief in God, is wrong than they have that yours is wrong. Your post was a baseless hate monger.




posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by XaniMatriX
HUH you people are still arguing on behalf of a fairy tale.


And YOU people are still lingering on threads just to troll.

Just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean you have to hate-monger on people who do.

Yet Christians are condemned for their disagreements with gays.

I guess discrimination is okay if done by Atheists, right?

Disgusting.


Wait wait wait, please quote me saying "I hate people who believe in god", never did I say that.

I do believe in GOD, which is this planet. Giving me direct contact to the creator.

Discrimination is never okay no matter who it is done by, again i have not discriminated against anyone here, if you believe I did, then quote me.

Second of all, Christianity is based on a fairy tale, can someone please answer me why we don't recognise that as insanity?



You're referring to Christianity--and ANY belief in God that isn't "God is the earth" (pagan) as a fairy tale. That would be discrimination. And an uncalled-for mockery.

You have no more proof that Christianity, and other people's belief in God, is wrong than they have that yours is wrong. Your post was a baseless hate monger.


You read and then imagine something else? because that's the vibe I am getting... all I did is ask why in this society, believing a fairy tale, and making it out to be some sort of fact isn't considered insanity? Because all of these ridiculous claims about gay's being sinners is based on a fairy tale.

Plus I still don't see how it's discriminating, people can believe what ever they want to believe. You just assumed that I don't believe in GOD, which has multiple meanings, such as the person that controls food and goods/ a creator of life/ or a man sitting up in the clouds on a nice comfy chair.

Just because I said I can actually see, taste and feel my GOD and communicate with my GOD (the mother earth), how is that discriminating?

Also, if you cannot see, touch, smell or talk to your GOD, that is enough evidence to show me it's all made up, just saying, not hating on anyone.

edit on 28-5-2013 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


I fear the day when human race will come to an end.



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
this is such a stupid argument, who cares if it makes you uncomfortable you dont have to live with them or look at them, let people marry who they want.
l



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm from the Midwest and you know the Bible belt. And I suppose what I'm most worried about is if gay people are allowed to get married they will have sex and multiply therefore making more gay Americans.

(I was only making believe I'm from the Midwest and for the record I'm not afraid of gay marriage)



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Originally posted by markosity1973

Originally posted by OpenEars123
I would say that a lot of people who are anti gay marriage or anti gay, are in fact themselves gay. Whether they know it or not is a different subject.

Good question, and good luck when the god squad arrive.



That's certainly an interesting perspective. What sources can you provide to back this claim up though?


It's just something I've noticed through life in general. I know a lot of gay people, and a good handful of them are over 60.
It's just my opinion of course.


I think you've seen "American Beauty" one too many times.



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ikema
I'm from the Midwest and you know the Bible belt. And I suppose what I'm most worried about is if gay people are allowed to get married they will have sex and multiply therefore making more gay Americans.

(I was only making believe I'm from the Midwest and for the record I'm not afraid of gay marriage)


Oh, so you're NOT from the American Midwest? You had us all going there for a minute.

But please do tell us where you're really from, so other members can take their turn sh*tting on that dump.....in jest, of course!
edit on 28-5-2013 by Hendrick99 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX
 





all I did is ask why in this society, believing a fairy tale,


Just for the record, Gaia the Earth Goddess whom I presume the other poster was referring to really is a mythological creature, whereas at least Jesus is historically considered a real person. It is too bad the secular humanists and the far left felt a need to portray him as nonexistent to promote their ideology. Gaia is being used right now to promote Agenda 21, and the far left's need to control people via a fear-mongering idea that the Earth goddess is going to get angry at the humans.
Shall we continue with story time?

Gaia is really more of a concept than anything and not a historical person. The earth really does exist of course, but the earth is not a goddess per se...otherwise are we not in fairyland again?
edit on 28-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


The scary part is that homosexuality will become accepted as 'normal' by society. The erosion of traditional values is threatening for many. Homosexuality is condemned in the Bible, to accept gay marriage, is to accept the 'sin' and bring down the wrath of God. I am guessing that is another scary part.


Most people do not even know what "sin" is. So to lay all the cards down, sin is a person's wrong doings. They don't believe in nor care about the "wrath of God" for want of their own desires they have blinded themselves.

Interesting fact however. Before the EF-5 tornado in Moore Oklahoma last week, a couple hours before that there was a gay pride parade. Just something for some folks to think about and wonder over.



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower


Oh I keep forgetting we always have this same conversation, and then you say that, and I say:

Well I agree entirely, calling it marriage is stupid, not calling it marriage to me is also stupid, but whatever works.

~Tenth


Nooooo...calling it a marriage then lets them reap the fruit of all the laws and practices on the books that use the word "marriage" in the legal documents. That's why they don't want to call it a "civil union". Because then, they'd have to fight for each individual right and benefit that those other "married" people get. They'd have to prove, in each instance, why they are entitled to each of the benefits straight married couples enjoy.

They don't want to do this work. Those benefits have been accumulating for centuries, and they don't want to wait centuries to accumulate their own benefits. They want it now.

The whole purpose of the gay movement is "to steal" the word "marriage" and to benefit from the special considerations that have been established for straight couples who bear and raise children.

They want the icing on the cake, without the labor that baking that cake required.

It's theft of rewards, earned by others who sacrificed to get them.

They want to "reap" the harvest, without having sown any seed. !!!



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
I don’t have a problem with gay people, but I DO have a problem with gay people making out, kissing, etc., in public. That stuff needs to stay in the closet and/or bedroom. I use to do stuff like that when I was a teenager, but then I realized there was a time and place for it! When I was a kid, I thought it was COOL to do so! I don’t care if you’re trying to make a point, but doing crap like that in public is childish and immature. Grow-up!


i don't have a problem with straight people, i DO have a problem with Straight people making out, kissing, etc., in public

sound good?



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER
 


My wife and I currently do not have children, so does that mean we need to give up any rights as a married couple?

Suppose a gay married couple adopts. What then?



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by XaniMatriX
 





all I did is ask why in this society, believing a fairy tale,


Just for the record, Gaia the Earth Goddess whom I presume the other poster was referring to really is a mythological creature, whereas at least Jesus is historically considered a real person. It is too bad the secular humanists and the far left felt a need to portray him as nonexistent to promote their ideology. Gaia is being used right now to promote Agenda 21, and the far left's need to control people via a fear-mongering idea that the Earth goddess is going to get angry at the humans.
Shall we continue with story time?


Wow, your really pushing buttons here dude.

I never said Gaia, I never said anything about an Earth Goddess.

I said, that THIS PLANET IS MY GOD (since god has multiple meanings, such as "controller of food/ creator of life/or a deity" )

This this planet gave me life, food, and shelter, so it is my GOD, whom anyone can see, touch, smell and listen to.

Jesus isn't considered to be a real person historically, because there isn't an once of evidence ANYWHERE to even point into the direction. Jesus Historically is considered as a Character in a FAIRY TALE, what is so hard to understand about that?

Then people go around speaking on behalf of an imaginary person, condemning other's such as gays, now that is some twisted Agenda that has lasted for over 2000 years.



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

Originally posted by tothetenthpower


Oh I keep forgetting we always have this same conversation, and then you say that, and I say:

Well I agree entirely, calling it marriage is stupid, not calling it marriage to me is also stupid, but whatever works.

~Tenth


Nooooo...calling it a marriage then lets them reap the fruit of all the laws and practices on the books that use the word "marriage" in the legal documents. That's why they don't want to call it a "civil union". Because then, they'd have to fight for each individual right and benefit that those other "married" people get. They'd have to prove, in each instance, why they are entitled to each of the benefits straight married couples enjoy.

They don't want to do this work. Those benefits have been accumulating for centuries, and they don't want to wait centuries to accumulate their own benefits. They want it now.

The whole purpose of the gay movement is "to steal" the word "marriage" and to benefit from the special considerations that have been established for straight couples who bear and raise children.

They want the icing on the cake, without the labor that baking that cake required.

It's theft of rewards, earned by others who sacrificed to get them.

They want to "reap" the harvest, without having sown any seed. !!!




excuse me? we want rights that 'Straight Americans' get just because they are straight and allowed to get married?

Oh the shade of it all,



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I had to run errands and while driving turned on the radio and it happened to be Glenn Beck, which the far left likes to portray as right wing extremist for some reason, but he is really more Libertarian/Constitutionalist. Anyway, he was talking about the government involvement in marriage and he said he would like for government to get out and stay out of his heterosexual marriage. That really does sound like a Libertarian position to me. He said that he gets no government benefits from being married. So I wonder if people really see marriage as a government benefit...so then we have to ask, is legal marriage something society imposed on people in general?



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


The scary part is that homosexuality will become accepted as 'normal' by society. The erosion of traditional values is threatening for many. Homosexuality is condemned in the Bible, to accept gay marriage, is to accept the 'sin' and bring down the wrath of God. I am guessing that is another scary part.


But then there are totally atheist people who feel the same way. So I think it's the same basic dynamic that we used to have with racism. "You're not me, you're not one of us, so get away from us."



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX
 





Wow, your really pushing buttons here dude.


I'm not a dude, for the record. Oh did I push a button that made you upset? Please forgive me. But didn't you call the earth your god? Well, earth is classically, even in pagan religion called "Mother earth", or goddess, and if you even understood any pagan religion you would understand that the earth is a physical manifestation of the "mother energy" or as the Hindus call it, Shakti the feminine aspect of creation.
So sorry to have upset you so. It is true that the goddess Gaia has been used by environmentalists in UN Agenda 21 as they took James Lovelock's Gaia Hypothesis to heart and use Gaia as part of their religion of environmentalism.

So sorry if I offended you.




Jesus isn't considered to be a real person historically, because there isn't an once of evidence ANYWHERE to even point into the direction. Jesus Historically is considered as a Character in a FAIRY TALE, what is so hard to understand about that?


No, secular humanists declared Jesus to be a fairy tale. Even the Gaia character is known to be a mythological being, just like Helios or Apollo, but writings of the bible came from somewhere and that somewhere was handed down from people just like the Torah was.


"We do know some things about the historical Jesus — less than some Christians think, but more than some skeptics think. Though a few books have recently argued that Jesus never existed, the evidence that he did is persuasive to the vast majority of scholars, whether Christian or non-Christian," said Marcus Borg, a retired professor of religion and culture at Oregon State University and current fellow of the Jesus Seminar, a group of preeminent academics that debate the factuality of Jesus' life as portrayed in the Bible.



The following "facts" about Jesus would be affirmed by most history scholars, Borg said:
Jesus was born sometime just before 4 B.C. He grew up in Nazareth, a small village in Galilee, as part of the peasant class. Jesus' father was a carpenter and he became one, too, meaning that they had likely lost their agricultural land at some point.
• Jesus was raised Jewish and he remained deeply Jewish all of his life. His intention was not to create a new religion. Rather, he saw himself as doing something within Judaism.
• He left Nazareth as an adult, met the prophet John and was baptized by John. During his baptism, Jesus likely experienced some sort of divine vision.
• Shortly afterwards, Jesus began his public preaching with the message that the world could be transformed into a "Kingdom of God."
• He became a noted healer, teacher and prophet. More healing stories are told about Jesus than about any other figure in the Jewish tradition.
• He was executed by Roman imperial authority.
• His followers experienced him after his death. It is clear that they had visions of Jesus as they had known him during his historical life. Only after his death did they declare Jesus to be "Lord" or "the Son of God."




"Historically, Jesus was executed by the authorities — Roman imperial authority in collaboration with high-ranking priestly authority. Historically he did not 'die for the sins of the world,' but he was killed by the powers that ruled his world," Borg said.


www.livescience.com...

Now not to be completely off-topic, this thread is really about gayness.... and there is no historical evidence of Jesus nor the authors of the bible to be gay. But perhaps people who are suggesting that "the author of the bible and the creator of Christianity was gay" were referring to the "Queen James Bible" which is of course a major fabrication.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 28-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 





So, again, I ask: What is so scary about gay marriage?

Nothing, but seems pretty weird. Why are people making a big deal out of a religious ceremony just like others have said. It doesn't matter just live your life who gives a damn if your married or not. It's obviously all about money, isn't that what everything is about? They want the same benefits that married straight couples get...so you see it's all about GREED or getting their "fair" share.



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by XaniMatriX
HUH you people are still arguing on behalf of a fairy tale.


And YOU people are still lingering on threads just to troll.

Just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean you have to hate-monger on people who do.

Yet Christians are condemned for their disagreements with gays.

I guess discrimination is okay if done by Atheists, right?

Disgusting.


Wait wait wait, please quote me saying "I hate people who believe in god", never did I say that.

I do believe in GOD, which is this planet. Giving me direct contact to the creator.

Discrimination is never okay no matter who it is done by, again i have not discriminated against anyone here, if you believe I did, then quote me.

Second of all, Christianity is based on a fairy tale, can someone please answer me why we don't recognise that as insanity?



You're referring to Christianity--and ANY belief in God that isn't "God is the earth" (pagan) as a fairy tale. That would be discrimination. And an uncalled-for mockery.

You have no more proof that Christianity, and other people's belief in God, is wrong than they have that yours is wrong. Your post was a baseless hate monger.


You read and then imagine something else? because that's the vibe I am getting... all I did is ask why in this society, believing a fairy tale, and making it out to be some sort of fact isn't considered insanity? Because all of these ridiculous claims about gay's being sinners is based on a fairy tale.

Plus I still don't see how it's discriminating, people can believe what ever they want to believe. You just assumed that I don't believe in GOD, which has multiple meanings, such as the person that controls food and goods/ a creator of life/ or a man sitting up in the clouds on a nice comfy chair.

Just because I said I can actually see, taste and feel my GOD and communicate with my GOD (the mother earth), how is that discriminating?

Also, if you cannot see, touch, smell or talk to your GOD, that is enough evidence to show me it's all made up, just saying, not hating on anyone.

edit on 28-5-2013 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)


You know that a lot of things that happened in the Bible were actually historically recorded, right? Along with Yeshua (Jesus). You're calling someone else's beliefs a fairy tale, and you don't see how that's discriminating?

Are you being serious?


You're entitled to your beliefs, that's all well and good.

But your post was a hate monger. End of story.



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by XaniMatriX
 





Wow, your really pushing buttons here dude.


I'm not a dude, for the record. Oh did I push a button that made you upset? Please forgive me. But didn't you call the earth your god? Well, earth is classically, even in pagan religion called "Mother earth", or goddess, and if you even understood any pagan religion you would understand that the earth is a physical manifestation of the "mother energy" or as the Hindus call it, Shakti the feminine aspect of creation.
So sorry to have upset you so. It is true that the goddess Gaia has been used by environmentalists in UN Agenda 21 as they took James Lovelock's Gaia Hypothesis to heart and use Gaia as part of their religion of environmentalism.

So sorry if I offended you.


Everyone is a dude to me, and no i didn't mean "pushing buttons" as in upsetting me, just frustrated with the lack of answers that is all.

I am not associated with any religion, or belief, when is say EARTH, I literally mean EARTH and nothing else.



new topics

top topics



 
41
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join