It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question re: homosexuality

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeHawke
reply to post by captaintyinknots

If you want to use that kind of excuse to put the ok on it, then go for it. but by doing so you now have to subject everything to that same kind of reasoning. say a man wants to have sex with a dog? whos he hurting? the dog is a dog. keep in mind, were not talking animal rights here.. only humans. Too crude of an example? what about a man that wants to have 5 wives and they all agree its ok. who are they hurting? whats so scary about any of this? im not saying being gay is wrong. Im merely showing you how stupid your thinking is..

Nah, you aren't saying being gay is wrong, you're just equating same sex marriage to having sex with animals.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think I am gay married.

I am 63 years old. I was married 10 years ago to a woman who was well into menopause. We are atheists. We were married by a friend of ours who is a county judge. We were married on a boat drifting off the damn.

So -- there will never be children, we were not joined in holy matrimony a religious guy, we were not married in a church, our agreement is registered by the state of Ga. and was sanctified by a hundred misfits we call friends and relatives. What we do in the privacy of our bedroom is our business, truly we are old NO one wants that image floating around.

So we seem to hit on all the bad things about being gay - but I can assure you we are not. (BTW - it is impossible for me to determine the exact time when I asked my self if I was going to be gay or straight, I guess I must have been over looked by the gay agenda)

Another thing I have wondered about the bible and the sins of being gay -- it all seems to apply to a certain act. This act can be performed by husbands and wives but not by lesbians. Therefore do lesbians get a pass on gayness or gay marriage I have never heard anything regarding this particular color of gayness.

It is all rather silly from an atheistic point of view. By the way I have been to a couple of gay marriages - yes even in GA. they are way fun.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Very simple question here. It is simple logic that gay marriage cannot and will not effect any person outside of that particular relationship. It cannot effect my marriage. It cannot effect yours.

With that in mind, I have to ask:

What is so scary about gay marriage? Fear is literally the only reason that people are against it (whether it be religious fear, social fear, etc). There is no other logical reason.

So, again, I ask: What is so scary about gay marriage?

Fear should be enough. I would fear a judgement day where I had to answer to God why I supported and accepted gay relationships, when even nature shows us it isn't natural. Any relationship that can't propagate our species is doomed to extinction. That's why the Bible tells us it's wrong. I can't comfortably call myself a christian and support gay marriage. No way, no how.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Well, there is always the chance that a straight person might catch "gay" from the gays.
[...]

You mean like this?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
If you say something like that in front of a male friend, you don't care much about their feelings.

And if you say, "That's so gay!" in front of a gay friend, you don't care much about their feelings.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Okeyd57

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Very simple question here. It is simple logic that gay marriage cannot and will not effect any person outside of that particular relationship. It cannot effect my marriage. It cannot effect yours.

With that in mind, I have to ask:

What is so scary about gay marriage? Fear is literally the only reason that people are against it (whether it be religious fear, social fear, etc). There is no other logical reason.

So, again, I ask: What is so scary about gay marriage?

Fear should be enough. I would fear a judgement day where I had to answer to God why I supported and accepted gay relationships, when even nature shows us it isn't natural. Any relationship that can't propagate our species is doomed to extinction. That's why the Bible tells us it's wrong. I can't comfortably call myself a christian and support gay marriage. No way, no how.

Well, we've had homosexuals on the planet since recorded history at least, and gays aren't extinct and neither are heterosexuals.

By the way, as a Christian, I assume you support stoning disobedient children as well?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Fear is literally the only reason that people are against it

I don't think that is the case at all. A lot of people are against it for religious reasons, it has nothing to do with fear. Why should they be afraid?

A few months ago when the Supreme Court in the US heard that gay marriage case, I came across a secular argument against gay marriage. I don't remember all of the specifics of the argument, but it involved taxes and things of that sort. Essentially a gay couple can't have any kids (of their own) and thus, by affording them the same status as a heterosexual couple, the government will lose a huge chunk of cash. I guess one could say that from a government/societal point of view, the cost-benefit isn't worth it.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

Fear is literally the only reason that people are against it

I don't think that is the case at all. A lot of people are against it for religious reasons, it has nothing to do with fear. Why should they be afraid?

Religious fear that God is against the gays is still fear.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I assume you support stoning disobedient children as well?

This is a silly, ignorant statement.

You should probably brush up on Christian theology; the Law has been fulfilled in Christ and he has thus become the Law for us. The Law which was given to Moses has absolutely no bearing on Christians.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Religious fear that God is against the gays is still fear.

From the Christian point of view God is against all sinners, not just homosexuals. Further, I am not "afraid" that God is against sinners. It's a fact, why should I fear?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by kaylaluv

I assume you support stoning disobedient children as well?

This is a silly, ignorant statement.

You should probably brush up on Christian theology; the Law has been fulfilled in Christ and he has thus become the Law for us. The Law which was given to Moses has absolutely no bearing on Christians.

Seems like someone else should be brushing up, my friend.

Matthew 5:17-19

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
My question is, when to guys get divorced, who gets shafted with the alimony payments? It's a divorce lawyer's nightmare.

Their adopted kids suffer.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I knew someone would bring up the "next it will be humans and animals to get married" line. This cannot happen , animals cannot give consent.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Personal opinions are fine. Just don't use those personal opinions to discriminate against others.

[color=6699FF]Nonsense.

[color=6699FF]EVERYONE DISCIMINATES AGAINST OTHERS

[color=6699FF]BASED ON PERSONAL OPINIONS

[color=6699FF]ALMOST ALL THE TIME.

[color=6699FF]We wouldn't be able to function in life, if we didn't.

[color=6699FF]We ALL MUST decide . . . is this co-worker trustworthy, or not? . . . subjective, largely personal opinion.

Is that crazed druggy going to assault me and my family at this stop-light, or not? . . . subjective, largely personal opinion.

Should I be polite and cooperative with this Highway Patrolman stopping me or should I be firm and resistive? . . . subjective, largely personal opinion.

[color=6699FF]Should I let my 14 year old daughter go out with this obviously low-life scum or not? . . . subjective, largely personal opinion.

[color=6699FF]Should I trust this MD's prescriptions and instructions or is he some kind of Medicare billing machine? . . . subjective, largely personal opinion.

Should I try hard for the promotion even though I know Fred in the other department is trying for it too or do I have as good or better a chance than he does? Should I care more about my wife and kids benefitting from the advancement than I care about Fred with twice the kids? . . . subjective, largely personal opinion.

[color=6699FF]Should I let my cousin and his partner babysit my 10 year old son while my wife and I are on the company retreat or is he likely to be seduced and molested? . . . subjective, largely personal opinion.

edit on 28/5/2013 by BO XIAN because: tags worked in preview, not now. Sigh

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The .gov uses such social issues to just distract you from real legislation that does affect you like

1. NDAA
2. shorter yellow lights where there are traffic cameras
3. having you work a few months out of the year just to pay the government tax
4. the value of the dollar going down
5. The fact that this generation is worst off than the last and the next will be worse off than this one.

Who cares if gay people want to get married. It has absolutely no effect on me whatsoever. Number 1-5 does.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Well, we've had homosexuals on the planet since recorded history at least, and gays aren't extinct and neither are heterosexuals.

We've also had Robers and murderers around from the dawn of time, just waiting for the rober's rights groups to speak up and demand their civil rights. We treat a lot of people differently in this society. This is all wrong. We should have equal treatment for every individual and every group formed from individuals.

I see no reason why three people can't be united in marriage. It happens in other parts of the world. Muslims can take 4 wives. In some parts of the world, 4 year olds get married to adults. And in at least one widely publicized case, a man has married a goat.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So, there are different types of marriage, all of which deserve consideration, and we should be fighting for the civil rights of all these marriages simultaneously.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
I knew someone would bring up the "next it will be humans and animals to get married" line. This cannot happen , animals cannot give consent.

Why do you mean by consent? Silence is consent. If you don't speak up and complain, the default judgement is that you consent. This is the fact in every court of law. If they accuse you, and you don't contest it, they consider the matter settled.

The same standard used in every court, to pass judgments on people, must be used for animals. Why would you introduce a different standard for the animals? Why must the animal speak?

Man says he loves his goat. The goat grunts. Done. Marriage declared.

If the goat didn't want to have sexual relations with the man, the goat could have run away.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
If you say something like that in front of a male friend, you don't care much about their feelings.

And if you say, "That's so gay!" in front of a gay friend, you don't care much about their feelings.

The only time I've ever done that was by accident, a couple times. Like I've said at least three times (which you obviously didn't care to read) I make a painful effort NOT to say those things out of simple respect and tact.

Read everything I said thoroughly before you jump the gun.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

We've also had Robers and murderers around from the dawn of time, just waiting for the rober's rights groups to speak up and demand their civil rights. We treat a lot of people differently in this society. This is all wrong. We should have equal treatment for every individual and every group formed from individuals.

I see no reason why three people can't be united in marriage. It happens in other parts of the world. Muslims can take 4 wives. In some parts of the world, 4 year olds get married to adults. And in at least one widely publicized case, a man has married a goat.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So, there are different types of marriage, all of which deserve consideration, and we should be fighting for the civil rights of all these marriages simultaneously.

Well, robbers and murderers can get married.. as long as they aren't gay.

As for the rest of your examples.. if you feel that polygamy, bestiality, and pedophilia should be allowed within the rest of the definition of marriage, then you will need to gain public support, and have legislation passed.

I can't say that I would support you, however.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER
Silence is consent. If you don't speak up and complain, the default judgement is that you consent. This is the fact in every court of law. If they accuse you, and you don't contest it, they consider the matter settled.

The same standard used in every court, to pass judgments on people, must be used for animals. Why would you introduce a different standard for the animals? Why must the animal speak?

Yeah, use the silence equals consent defense during a rape case. That always acquits.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join