It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question re: homosexuality

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Romeo1

Originally posted by Romeo1
Ahhh...so now the sheeple start coming our of the woodwork..

Excuse me? Can you not have a discussion without trying to insult someone?

Homosexuality is good cause they tell us that on the news...and MTV

Homosexuality is neither good nor bad. Equal legal treatment is good. And I supported equal rights for all before MTV existed.

as I said before Im just saying what allot of straight people are thinking....

And as I said, you don't speak for anyone but yourself. If anything, you speak for bigots.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It cracks me up that because I post perceived negative things about the "gay agenda' and I use that term in jest...that now I must be secretly gay....damn I was outed and I wasnt even in...brings me back to the whole this isnt politically correct statement...

Wait!! ohhh yes I long for the feel of another mans hairy leg brushing up against mine...blech

Whoops guess that makes me gay for that statement also...
Im good with my sexuality so go ahead and flame away...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
I very much agree with seabag and i disagree with the op somewhat because i have found the spiritual reason for all the problems with it. GOD created homosexuality as a form of punishment from past life going against him. I have been having visions of my pre life and i seen that on a spiritual level all soul mates were male and female but we are at the culmination of our human existence before GOD'S return and most vessels were already taken. So many soul mates went into same sex vessels. That does not take away from the fact that is is a form of punishment that many have to suffer and no pride should be taken in that but what do i know.

The scary part you refer to has been programmed into some humans just like the other has been.
edit on 27-5-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

For this to be a valid argument in a civilization of equality you have to proof there is a God and that we do have souls. Until then every thing must be equal and neutral

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

They don't want a religious ceremony, they want access to the license to marry.

That's not true! Read the responses to my post on page 1!

They want marriage....civil union with full benefits isn't good enough. They are stomping their feet and demanding acceptance.

link   
reply to post by seabag

Originally posted by seabag
When did a religious ceremony become a right?

As I'm sure you already know, marriage is not necessarily a religious ceremony. I was married in the courtroom and not ONE religious word was spoken. No religious representation was present.

link   
The bottom line is this. When the SCOTUS makes it's ruling, all bets are off. The Ordinance of marriage will have changed and that is the straw that will break the camels back. Isaiah 24 will happen and everyone will participate. Take a look again at the FEMA commercial of dad going for the Bob. THE HOUSE IS UPSIDE DOWN when he turns around to look at mom and the kids.

TPTB is trying to tell you something, that ewe are not privy to.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes yes I know you are the open minded all loving equal rights for all person of ATS..

Was not insulting anyone except for the folks that jump on the "im good with it cause its the popular opinion" crowd
Bigiot no realist yes...
Yes I speak for myself
Yes I have gay friends and yes Im not always ok with their views
No I cant tell them that because we have to either say nothing or be perceived as gay bashers/haters
Yes people are equal whoever you are
No I dont like the idea of gay marriage but once again and proven here I cannot voice my opinion...its just not politically correct.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

They want marriage....civil union with full benefits isn't good enough. They are stomping their feet and demanding acceptance.

Perhaps all marriages should simply be referred to as Civil Unions, eh? I mean, if it is all about a label, then that shouldn't be too big of a deal.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by seabag

As I'm sure you already know, marriage is not necessarily a religious ceremony. I was married in the courtroom and not ONE religious word was spoken. No religious representation was present.

The sanctity of marriage is at issue...and "marriage" most certainly has religious meaning as defined by the Bible - one man and one woman. Nobody cares about two gays entering into a union and being treated as a married couple....as long as it's not called a marriage.

After this many pages it's apparent that many here simply don't get it. Keep stomping your feet, everyone. If you're loud enough I'm sure you'll get your way.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Perhaps all marriages should simply be referred to as Civil Unions, eh? I mean, if it is all about a label, then that shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Perhaps we just keep things the way they've always been and stop making acceptions for everyone who wants to be different, eh?

Civil union is fine....call it that because that's really what it is. It can't be considered marriage by accepted standards.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Romeo1

Originally posted by Romeo1
Yes yes I know you are the open minded all loving equal rights for all person of ATS..

No., I'm just me. I speak for myself and don't make any claims otherwise.

No I dont like the idea of gay marriage but once again and proven here I cannot voice my opinion...its just not politically correct.

You can voice your opinion all you want (and you have). But so can others.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

The sanctity of marriage is at issue...and "marriage" most certainly has religious meaning as defined by the Bible - one man and one woman. Nobody cares about two gays entering into a union and being treated as a married couple....as long as it's not called a marriage.

After this many pages it's apparent that many here simply don't get it. Keep stomping your feet, everyone. If you're loud enough I'm sure you'll get your way.

Ohhh very true...but there will be more feet stomping...and some finger snapping from the anti-hetrosexual crowd

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Perhaps some people don't want to see governments sanction what they don't believe in.
Realistically the relationships are going to happen anyways, people will do what they will do with their freedoms.
Government endorsement is not required.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

If your marriage becomes less holy because two men are married next door, that is between you and your god.

The bible says that if a man rapes and impregnates a woman, he must marry her.
The bible says that if your brother dies before his wife has a baby, he must marry her.
The bible says that you can go out to war and then bring back a trophy wife.

How do those definition of marriage according to the bible make you feel about the sanctity of your marriage under the bible?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The sanctity of marriage is at issue...and "marriage" most certainly has religious meaning as defined by the Bible - one man and one woman.

The bible doesn't mention "marriage", let alone define it. It talks about "wedding", but that's the ceremony, not the legal contract. Marriage is a legal contract, offered by the state. ANYONE who gets legally married, whether in a church, on the beach or in the courthouse must get a legal MARRIAGE license first.

That's what it's called. If you have an issue with that, take it up with your state. THEY call it marriage. Marriage is a LEGAL contract and some people add a religious component, but that doesn't mean that all marriages are religious.

Nobody cares about two gays entering into a union and being treated as a married couple....as long as it's not called a marriage.

Any objection to calling a marriage "marriage" is really your problem, not mine.
edit on 5/28/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I love these "I can't say "THAT'S GAY!!!" types.

Yes, yes you can. What you mean to say is that while society has progressed to a point that the majority no longer sees it as acceptable to use the word "Gay" as a derogatory term, you would like to keep using your language without being judged for it.

You mean those "Freedom of speech" types? Yeap.

Point is, I make an effort NOT to say it. But it was a childhood phrase for me. Its hard not to say sometimes. And having people whine to me about it--when there are SOOOO many REAL problems in the world that actually DO matter--annoys me to no end.

I'm not going out of my way to offend them, so, if they have any kind of cognitive ability, they should be able to differentiate between being called a name, and hearing something that's barely "out of bounds."

Yes, I'd like to be able to open my mouth without my inferiors looking down on me.

And before you all blow up on me, I AM NOT referring to gays as inferiors. I'm referring to judgmental crybabies who do exactly what the media tells them as my inferiors.

But if you saw something you thought was really stupid and you said, "that's so Chinese", don't you think the Chinese would be insulted by that? Now, if you are using "that's so gay" to describe something really cool and awesome, I think gays would be fine with that. Somehow, I don't think that's the case. It would be the same as if a girl is referring to something really stupid as "that's so male". I think if it happened a lot, males would get a little tired of it.

You sound like one of those gay commercials. No pun.

"Don't you know what you're saying when you say "That's so gay?" Cut it out."

Gaa gaa-goo goo.

I don't agree with sexism like that, or racism. Yeah, it annoys me when people talk like that.

But I'm not gonna see gay people the same way I see different cultures or genders.

They aren't the same thing.

I was raised oldschool. I'm not anti-gay by any means... let gay people get married, I couldn't care less. Its their life, not mine.

All I'm saying is, if African Americans can hang around with white people, and those white people are socially permitted to use the "N" word as a term of endearment, I think homosexuals can handle hearing the word "gay" now and then, especially if they themselves aren't the ones being referred to.

That's all I'm saying.

If someone isn't going out of their way to offend you, don't look for a reason to be offended.

That's pathetic, by anyone's standards, in any situation.

There are too many people starving, being bullied, being killed overseas, and going homeless to be fretting over "Omg, she said gay! She must be a Bible-thumping hater!"

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Yes, I'd like to be able to open my mouth without my inferiors looking down on me.

And before you all blow up on me, I AM NOT referring to gays as inferiors. I'm referring to judgmental crybabies who do exactly what the media tells them as my inferiors.

Yes, exactly. You want your opinions to be without social consequence. Good luck with that one.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
An entire thread based on a straw man, classic ATS. You keep saying "fear", and "afraid" as if the mantra will come true if they are repeated enough. Fact of the matter is, the vast majority who are opposed are not "afraid or scared" of gay marriage they simply disagree that the institution of marraige can be redefined. If I told you the moon is made of green cheese, and you disagree, does that mean you are afraid of the moon? Maybe you all are just terrified of persons who stick to their belief and value systems?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Yes, It IS true! They want a marriage license. Even those with civil union licenses still call themselves "married". You don't expect them to say they are "civil unioned" in daily conversation, do you? Do you think the marriage police will follow them around to make sure they don't call themselves married? What are they gonna do - arrest them if they call themselves married?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Perhaps we just keep things the way they've always been and stop making acceptions for everyone who wants to be different, eh?

If we did not make exceptions and changes for this growing world of diversity and freedom we would still be in the Dark Ages

e viva ao Benfica!
edit on 28-5-2013 by papazen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join