It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question re: homosexuality

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This has probably been said but people who oppose it are not opposing the fact that two gay people want to spend their lives together; it's the choice of words they don't like.

Marriage, in most people's eyes, involves a male and female.

Being gay, in many people's eyes, is an aberration, however 'normal' it might be for a small minority of the public.

Therefore, to call the gay equivalent 'marriage' is seen by such people as a subversion of normal values.

The problem is merely a semantic one.

Call it something else - problem solved.

It used to be called 'civil partnership' - why not call it that?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romeo1
Homosexuality is only normal in your world or your mind...yes "these" are people same as me but..I dont go preaching that I have special rights cause Im straight...so you dont get that either cause your gay...and as I said if your gay and you think that all your straight friends are cool with it...well your fooling yourself.
Im just saying what everyone is thinking anyway not bashing...and I was brought up to think of marriage to be man and woman..so dont expect me to acknowledge your union or if your in a state that is gay friendly...your marriage.

Let's mix that up a little for effect.

Marrying outside of your race is only normal in your world or your mind...yes "these" are people same as me but..I dont go preaching that I have special rights cause Im white...so you dont get that either cause your not...and as I said if your not white and you think that all your white friends are cool with it...well your fooling yourself.
Im just saying what everyone is thinking anyway not bashing...and I was brought up to think of marriage to be marrying only within your race..so dont expect me to acknowledge your union or if your in a state that is Interracial marriage friendly...your marriage.

Ouch... these are the talking points of the 60s... isn't it 2013?
edit on 28-5-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by Iamschist
imho Nothing. Comments I have heard indicate it has something to do with what some feel is an attack on the institution of marriage as set forth in the Bible. Personally I can't see how, but these are the same people that get upset about women doing radical things like wearing pants, working outside the home, etc...
So its religious fear. They are afraid of going against what their bible says.

That's the part that I find funny. They wouldn't be going against their bible if gay people got married. Nobody is forcing them to get married to somebody of the same gender. How does something that other people do have any effect on their own religion?

Unless they are afraid of going to hell for merely allowing it to happen or something? lol.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Romeo1

I dont go preaching that I have special rights cause Im straight.

Marriage is not a "special right".

Im just saying what everyone is thinking anyway not bashing..

You don't speak for anyone but yourself. I happen to be straight and you certainly don't speak for me, nor do you know my mind. Speak for yourself, but you simply cannot speak for straight people, since most people here who disagree with you are straight.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

These are talking points of today...we just cant say them cause now its not "politically correct"

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Romeo1

So you think that since I have gay friends I am secretly not cool with it..

How about this..I could care less who like or love. Have you ever met someone and the first question you ask is what their sexuality is? I, for one, usually get to know the person and do not care about other things that are pretty freaking meaningless such as other adults they they love or like.

Ever consider you put so much meaning into things like that because you have a secret yearning for that time of bond...and do not want to take a chance..because maybe they might seduce you..

I am not into other men..so I have no worries about knowing gay men..it's not like they are all after me..who knows maybe they are..I am pretty freaking attractive..

Like I said people who spend their time hating on something usually are fighting internal feelings with themselves and are projecting these emotions onto the groups of people in order to lie to themselves. They think they more they fight these groups...these feelings (which they perceive to be wrong) will go away.

I always wonder why do straight people say all gay people are promiscuous when they are not...I mean some are..just like some straights are.

If someone is gay...WHY THE HELL DOES IT BOTHER YOU SO MUCH. You say they are pushing this on us...aren't you doing the same thing by attempting to push what you believe to be right onto others?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ahhh...so now the sheeple start coming our of the woodwork...Homosexuality is good cause they tell us that on the news...and MTV

as I said before Im just saying what allot of straight people are thinking....but are afraid to speak up cause its not politically correct.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I Don't get why rights are being questioned because of church. IS this the 1800s?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What does Unaffiliated mean? No religion?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Let the gays marry and keep religious folk out of it..these people have proven to be easily led and brainwashed and cannot make rational decisions..so why should they have a say in any matters concerning others.

I also love how they say God is perfect and such and has a plan for everyone...yet he seems to have no control over people who are born gay.

If you say gay is a choice and no one is born that way..then what you are essentially saying that at one point in your life you had to choose between loving the opposite sex or the same sex. Which means at one point..you had sexual feelings for people of both sexes and made the a decision on which to go with.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
This has probably been said but people who oppose it are not opposing the fact that two gay people want to spend their lives together; it's the choice of words they don't like.

Marriage, in most people's eyes, involves a male and female.

Being gay, in many people's eyes, is an aberration, however 'normal' it might be for a small minority of the public.

Therefore, to call the gay equivalent 'marriage' is seen by such people as a subversion of normal values.

The problem is merely a semantic one.

Call it something else - problem solved.

It used to be called 'civil partnership' - why not call it that?

No, it really IS about opposing gay people. The attitude is, "you're not like us, so you can't be part of our club". I still don't understand why two heterosexuals marrying for reasons other than love or family is not a subversion of normal values, but two gay people who love each other and want to raise a family together is.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I dont go preaching that I have special rights cause Im straight...

Ummm......Yes, You Do!! You are allowed to Marry while they are not. EQUAL RIGHTS = EVERYONE TREATED THE SAME UNDER THE LAW.

So you see, it is YOU who is wanting "special rights" not them. You want the right of "marriage" while denying it to others.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Romeo1

Actually no one needs to tell others what is good or bad. It is something you know or don't.

I don't think gay people are cool...I just don't think they are any different than you or I. I can't see why you cannot see this..what exactly are you fighting..for the invisible man in the sky..who by all reasoning (because he/she/it is perfect) should know about this and should be able to correct this "abomination" themselves or are you fighting internal feelings?

Are you saying you need to be told what is good and what is bad?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100
I Don't get why rights are being questioned because of church. IS this the 1800s?

Rights aren't being questioned. Nobody is denying anyone the right to form a union.

People are crying because they want EXACTLY the same word (marriage) as straight people. When did a religious ceremony become a right?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

These are talking points of today...we just cant say them cause now its not "politically correct"

No, you can say them all you want, my friend. Actually, you just did. Are you afraid the police are going to come and disappear you now?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Rights aren't being questioned. Nobody is denying anyone the right to form a union.

People are crying because they want EXACTLY the same word (marriage) as straight people. When did a religious ceremony become a right?

They don't want a religious ceremony, they want access to the license to marry.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I mean't that we're making decisions based off religion like the old days.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

When did a religious ceremony become a right?

When did it become a possession?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

What does a religious ceremony have to do with getting a marriage license?? A marriage license handed out by the state does not require a religious ceremony.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Romeo1

So now not being ignorant and not being afraid of things is considered "PC"

PC...means choosing your words and thoughts so as not to offend anyone. Being anti PC....means saying whats on your mind no matter the consequences. I am more of the latter...I am anti PC. I say what I want and do not care what others think. So your being PC is BS...I am not saying what is PC because I do not want to offend..if you read other posts from me on other threads...you would see what I am about. I have been post banned and warned because I say what I want.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join