It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Developments with the Baltic sea Anomaly.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I would love for this to be something that shakes the world to its core, but unfortunately I am highly skeptical. I feel that this is nothing more than a natural formation, plain and simple. I think this for various reasons, but mainly because there are other explanations, aside from alien spacecraft, etc. I believe it will take much more testing to confirm whether this is actually metallic, and then many more tests to determine what this actually is. I am not convinced that this is metallic, and I think that if there is some metal, it is natural. The composition will tell us whether I a right or not.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

They are MORE than capable of filming ultra HD footage any time they go down there and streaming online every second of the day if they chose too. Pretty much anyone can do this. It is not a demanding form of technological know how anymore. It would be very easy, most of setting that up would be plug and play. Thats it. Done. Weird why these sorts never do eh.

Infact quite a lot of crazy science gets done in the Baltic Seas, lot of very well funded universities that do research there or on behalf of people that need to make use of there equipment and laboratory facilities. In fact I imagine ANY scientific query you had concerning pretty much any known modern testing on geology you would have a response from analysis pretty sharpish. A lot of research gets done there, not exactly hard pushed to find a VERY VERY HIGH caliber commercial lab filled with very professional people, many even experts in their field relative to where they are in the world.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is really cool, but I think if it were indeed of alien origin "they" would stop all private research and all attempts to study it. "They" would also stop all public disclosure of it to the world media. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

This reminds me of Dr Melba Ketchum's "soon to released", "peer reviewed", "published in a scientific journal", "astounding truth about Big Foot". Except it wasn't...any of those things, but she dragged it out for months.

Then there is the guy who said he shot a bigfoot in TX, has a body, made a documentary, will sell you memberships into his Big Foot club for lots of money so you can see the pictures of the body before the movie comes out. Except he didn't, there wasn't and no one did.

Please, why can't people admit they found something cool and strange but not earthshaking. It has been quite a while since this anomaly was found and there is no more information now than there was on day one, except now there is a rumor about some metal...maybe. I tire of these shenanigans after a while. They are almost as bad as all of NASA's big Mars announcements.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

BTW, we might have disagreed in some discussions but I want to thank you for bringing this topic to us. It is very interesting. I wish I could get involved on the program. Thanks, and if you find anything else let us know please. Tomorrow I will try to find some research myself about it, maybe I can help you.
edit on 28-5-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

why the official ocean explorer website does not confirm this? smells fishy, literally....

the wonderful anomaly is of volcanic origin.

...hate being the partyblooper...
edit on 28-5-2013 by solve because: partybloober

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I have followed this group on their Facebook page. These people are Salvage Operators, not Scientists and they freely admit it. They have tried repeatedly to get sponsors and the scientific community interested to fund a full investigation, but have only been able to get a company willing to fund a minimal documentary. This company made them sign nondisclosure agreements, so information coming out has been limited. (The documentary company wants to protect their investment) I know from following this that OceanX has had equipment problems and some strange occurrences of electronic failures when over this object. Also, the water is very murky there which has limited photography. The artists renditions are based largely on descriptions and sonar data. Anyone willing to fund a large scale investigation would be welcomed by this group I'm sure.

"Would love to receive help
Dennis Åsberg agree that it is mysterious - but says he's happy to receive help to find out what it is.

- All are welcome, they are welcome to come down and dive here. We can not do it, we do not have the resources required, he says."
edit on 28-5-2013 by DataDoc because: Added quote from site: www.educatinghumanity.com...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greyskull

Originally posted by Char-Lee

This is a merfolk temple built from ore processed undersea at volcanic vents.

Gosh that sounds really descriptive and scientific, Now I'm not scared of the unknown anymore...thanks.

Thanks glad to be helpful!
The latest info and supposed proofs about Merpeople, made me wonder if they would have things they build. They would be related to us and they have hands. All the ores are available under the sea, they would need an air tight building because they breath air.

The ocean covers 71 percent of the Earth's surface and contains 97 percent of the planet's water, yet more than 95 percent of the underwater world remains unexplored. This is a statement taken from the NOAA website.

I once worked with an author who was doing research. I was able to read the direct account of one ship captain in his log. He clearly was not delusional, I wonder why we think the people who wrote their logs in those days were stupid.

edit on 28-5-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I think it is very telling, that they were to send a camera into the hole they found. That is when all info stopped. Remember too they were being shadowed by military "doing operations" near them the whole time.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

It looks like a Cyclon fighter from the original Battlestar Galactica.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire
I must have missed the update?

I'm sorry, but this thing is nothing. I remember reading about this MONTHS ago, watching the man in charge of the OceanX talk about how they will release ground-breaking photos, news, samples within weeks.

Nothing has happened. At all. Bits of menial information surface, but when it settles down we are left with essentially nothing.

As much as I'd like this to be a UFO, or something other-worldly, or something just cool, it won't.

I bet that dive team is making a pretty penny off of it though.

This is my thoughts exactly. How long has this "expedition" been going on now? Over a year? Does it really take that long to get pictures of the damn thing? James Cameron just took several samples from the bottom of the Marianna Trench (deepest spot on Earth) and yet we can't get a damn photo of something in the Baltic Sea? These people are scammers and they're wringing this rag dry. Squeezing every penny out of this because the shape of something on radar resembles the millenium falcon. It's the equivalent of the "face on mars", aka total bull mess.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

I'm sorry, but this thing is nothing. I remember reading about this MONTHS ago, watching the man in charge of the OceanX talk about how they will release ground-breaking photos, news, samples within weeks.

Nothing has happened. At all. Bits of menial information surface, but when it settles down we are left with essentially nothing.

As much as I'd like this to be a UFO, or something other-worldly, or something just cool, it won't.

True, I like the Alex Grey avatar

This is my thoughts exactly. How long has this "expedition" been going on now? Over a year? Does it really take that long to get pictures of the damn thing? James Cameron just took several samples from the bottom of the Marianna Trench (deepest spot on Earth) and yet we can't get a damn photo of something in the Baltic Sea? These people are scammers and they're wringing this rag dry. Squeezing every penny out of this because the shape of something on radar resembles the millenium falcon. It's the equivalent of the "face on mars", aka total bull mess.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

i would like to believe its the sunken city of rhy-leh...

but most of the holes are vents for volcanic activity,,, but its amazing as well,,,

that place is like
500km from where i live,,, and this part of the world, is not supposed to have volcanic activity for millions of years,,
and the anomaly is much younger than that,,,, doesnt this intrigue anyone?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

How dare you bring logic into this discussion.

However since some are not inclined to click and read your link I will go to the OP link from that thread and post this.

www.oceanexplorer.se...

The latest lab test results made by archaeological Science at the Weizmann institute, indicates that a piece which was recovered by divers from the circle anomaly is made of Limonite and Goethite. These materials are part of the Iron oxides/hydroxide family.

The tests were performed by a method called; Infrared Spectroscopy

en.wikipedia.org...

Limonite is an iron ore consisting of a mixture of hydrated iron(III) oxide-hydroxides in varying composition. The generic formula is frequently written as FeO(OH)·nH2O, although this is not entirely accurate as the ratio of oxide to hydroxide can vary quite widely. Limonite is one of the two principle iron ores, the other being hematite, and has been mined for the production of iron since at least 2500 BCE

Raist

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Could it have been planted there or someone have prior knowledge of it?.
Strange how a lot of folk have called it a UFO looks more like a sub to me.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You have to ask yourself why when the story broke none of the nations or governments in the world raced to the area. The answer more than likely is because the "important ones" have already investigated and documented their own findings.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Sadly, I completely agree with you. 15 minutes of fame turned into months. I wrote this off many months ago from what I read....something along the lines of something a glacier pushed there or something of the likes...I really wanted an independent team to blow the top off the whole UFO conspiracy thing....not happening with this story.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I have this habit of trying to be reasonable, and expecting others to do the same. I'm glad a few others seem to have this condition.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Though you can make him thirsty.

edit on 28-5-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ok, I am not sure if these sonar photos of the anomaly have been posted before, but here they are.

The above two sonar photos were excerpted from the following website.
nationalparanormalassociation.blogspot.com...

Other websites also have these sonar photos btw.

Also, the team claims that this thing, which is 60 meters long, has a rigid tail 400 meters long, but the thing is, I don't see this supposed tail in the sonar images. Do you?

Shipwreck hunters stumble across mysterious find

By Brooke Bowman, CNN

updated 8:59 AM EST, Mon January 30, 2012
Using side-scan sonar, the team found a 60-meter diameter cylinder-shaped object, with a rigid tail 400 meters long.

www.cnn.com...

Wait, it seems we have found the Millennium Falcon.

The above photo was excerpted from.
www.disclose.tv...

On a more serious note, the team of explorers also released photos of a piece of this object. If this is real, it is very interesting. Watch the video.

BTW, anyone with a basic knowledge of electronics might be able to notice a similarity in this object and a motherboard without large components. It almost looks like a nano motherboard. Smaller than any we have built so far. ( As far as we know
)

The team of explorers have a facebook page where they post any news of this object.

www.facebook.com...

Oh, and this is their latest video from May 2013. It is very long but you can see a video and the sonar images in the video starting around minute 57.

You can find the above video in their facebook page alongside other videos and info on the anomaly.

edit on 28-5-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments and links

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ikema
You have to ask yourself why when the story broke none of the nations or governments in the world raced to the area. The answer more than likely is because the "important ones" have already investigated and documented their own findings.

Yeah - which is that it is of no interest at all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join