It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Developments with the Baltic sea Anomaly.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Many of you are aware of a 60 metre circular object found in the Baltic sea by the Ocean X team.. This object has been dived twice and still remains a mystery.
A Swedish new paper has just published a report of the subject and they think the object is adleast 14,000 years old and interestingly some researchers think it is of a metal composite that does not occur in nature.

New test results from Israel shows that a part of the circle is metallic - and researchers there think it is a metal that nature itself can not manufacture

The image below is an artists impression and is not a photograph.

www.expressen.se...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
shocked n awed..... they win.

I hope this leads to disclosure...

This would be the 1st non military disclosed, and studied underwater Craft ever.

And yes I say craft.
edit on 27-5-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the update.

I'm confused as to why the lack of progression in the study - is it not accessible?

Why no photo's yet?

Anyway - My money's on Alien space ship aha

edit on 27-5-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

This is a merfolk temple built from ore processed undersea at volcanic vents.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Sonar ghosts that they could not explain appeared on the sonar when the crew watched their remote-controlled device descend to the smaller, second object on the sea bed. It happens at about 58 minutes into the latest video released today by the OceanX team:
www.oceanexplorer.se...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I must have missed the update?

I'm sorry, but this thing is nothing. I remember reading about this MONTHS ago, watching the man in charge of the OceanX talk about how they will release ground-breaking photos, news, samples within weeks.

Nothing has happened. At all. Bits of menial information surface, but when it settles down we are left with essentially nothing.

As much as I'd like this to be a UFO, or something other-worldly, or something just cool, it won't.

I bet that dive team is making a pretty penny off of it though.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

imagine what a multiple lite up image pic would look like the entire structure... surrounded by 30 submersibles all lights on it then maybe the skeptics and non skeptics can argue their points on better fertile ground @ what it is or was but the artist depictions are like looking at Mars rocks..

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

This whole circus is good comedy, but what else? $$$$$ and adventure!

Loook here:
www.educatinghumanity.com - Baltic Sea Anomaly - Is it Metal? Is It a UFO?...

New test results from Israel shows that a part of the circle is metallic - and researchers there think it is a metal that nature itself can not manufacture.

Swedish researchers say the opposite.

- It can be created in nature, but it has different conditions in different waters, says geologist Fredrik Klingberg.
- Limonite and goethite close to hand with the BOG-IRON ORE. For me, this could be nodules, they are in many seabeds, says Fredrik Klingberg, a geologist at the Geological Survey of Sweden.

Sorry, folks, but this is all PR for their upcoming documentary - The Mystery Beneath. Last year, news circulated that MOST of the team thought the object is natural. Ask yourself, if most of the people working on the "expedition" thought it was some rocks then why all the noise?

Why? Is simple. $$$$$ and adventure! Just look how people on ATS love to read about it. People like stories. This is why they buy them. This why entertainment is a billion-plus industry.
edit on 27-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Thanks for the update as well purplemer

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This was posted a few days ago.

Baltic Sea update: Piece of the object is metal

It appears that the "metal" found is just iron ore naturally in the rock.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
This was posted a few days ago.

Baltic Sea update: Piece of the object is metal

It appears that the "metal" found is just iron ore naturally in the rock.

No. It is not known yet whether it is "natural" or not. You are begging the question.
2nd line.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire

I'm sorry, but this thing is nothing. I remember reading about this MONTHS ago, watching the man in charge of the OceanX talk about how they will release ground-breaking photos, news, samples within weeks.

Nothing has happened. At all. Bits of menial information surface, but when it settles down we are left with essentially nothing.

As much as I'd like this to be a UFO, or something other-worldly, or something just cool, it won't.

How about first watching the video the team just released? Unexplained images on the sonar when trying to view the second, smaller object on the sea bed.

If the team were making money off it, they would be able to afford much better equipment. Watch the latest video and you will see why and you might see your prejudices for what they are.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Originally posted by RomeByFire

How about first watching the video the team just released? Unexplained images on the sonar when trying to view the second, smaller object on the sea bed.

If the team were making money off it, they would be able to afford much better equipment. Watch the latest video and you will see why and you might see your prejudices for what they are.

How about you realize you're repeating the same rhetoric that was told MONTHS ago when this thing was first announced.

Go and search for the threads about the "Baltic Sea UFO," it exploded on ATS and I was like all of you, excited and truly believed something incredible was found. And guess what? NOTHING came out of it, and all this thread is (which is a copy of one posted the other day, at that) is just a newspaper giving their summary of the OceanX teams dives which were awhile go.

I'm not saying whether this thing is this or that, because I don't know what it is. What I am saying is that this team released a plethora of "cliff-hanger" type articles regarding this thing as if they were close to finding out some incredible discovery.

You can get your hopes all you'd like, but I would advise members to search the original threads on this topic and see the same hysteria where people just *knew* this thing was groundbreaking and people like myself were nay-Sayers.

I'd link everything, but I'm on mobile and I feel as if you can use the search function by yourself.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There was a thread last week that covered the 'metal' found down there.
It was 'metallic only in the sense that the samples contained iron. They contain iron because they are naturally occurring iron ore. Limonite and goethite, as previously mentioned. Goethite in mostly found in marine environments, it forms at hydrothermal vents.

It is still a rock pile on the ocean floor, we just know what kind of rocks. The team is still trying to hype the story for the upcoming 'documentary'.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
If the team were making money off it, they would be able to afford much better equipment.

If they used "much better equipment" it would clearly show it was nothing out of the ordinary.... but they want to bring in as many gullible people as possible.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken this artifact lies in an area that was not always underwater... I don't understand the lack of photos being that it's been dived twice, but if the artist has seen it, judging by his rendition, looks like it's just some sort of man made carving in worship of some forgotten God. Doesn't look or sound like a spaceship or forgotten Atlantis technology to me.
edit on 27-5-2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: spelling

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Brilliant thread, According to the Swedish newspaper they believe it may be an artificial structure that was built or carved on a strip of lake side land between the ice ages when the Baltic was a lake, they also give a plausible possible explanation for the metal's, Just maybe the ocean X team are milking this for the publicity and money that it can spin and there is nothing of real scientific interest, but then again even if it is not a craft it may be a structure of some kind that may be of very great significance if the hand of man can be proven in it's formation then it would prove the presence of a culture of some kind in that area and may be one of very few survivals of the devastation caused by the ice possibly pushing human cultural behaviour in northern Europe back millennia and opening up a debate for the anthropological and archaeological community's but I whish it was a craft of some kind.
edit on 27-5-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I stayed up to date on this subject back when it was first announced, and thought it was so interesting!

I was disappointed when it just kind of faded away after awhile. Glad to see it back in the news, and I'll wait anxiously for more updates!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

This is a merfolk temple built from ore processed undersea at volcanic vents.

Gosh that sounds really descriptive and scientific, Now I'm not scared of the unknown anymore...thanks.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
In the year 2013 why cant someone take a dslr rigged in a waterproof containment vessel for photos?

hell, i can do it when i scuba dive and im poor!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join