It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep History Timeline

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Deep History 101

I'm putting together a easy-to-read timeline of the various crimes, conspiracies, and cover-ups in America since the end of WWII. If you have an event that you think belongs on the timeline, let me know.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Looks interesting, and I'd like to read it, but... either the text is too small, or I'm one of the few 25 year olds who has glaucoma. I hope it's the former.

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed that you posted a link to the full size one LOL. Sorry about that.
edit on 27-5-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Sorry, tried to go back and edit it to make the link more apparent, but it was past the 4 hour window. In case anyone else missed it the first time:

Deep History Timeline

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by operatorkos

I like the effort. Very cool idea.

Just my dos centavos from the peanut gallery:

Most Americans are historically illiterate. They might not get it. It might help to show a simultaneous timeline with the generic history running along side your events. The juxtaposition could prove very illuminating.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

I hear that... as Allen Dulles reportedly said, "The American People don't read". For that reason I have included major historical events (WWII, Vietnam War, etc) along with the more obscure black ops and so forth.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Very nice idea, star and flag

With time enough data will be available on it to connect the dots just from the dates and events.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
bump

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Great thread but there is so much more you could add to that if you are looking for conspiracies. The Nazi's alone would fill up about 10 pages worth.

The conspiracy of Hitler creating a Fourth Reich by sending out children with all of the stolen money to one day take over the world would be a good starter.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Surprise!

Lying totalitarian despotic psychopathic institutions and their empty promises of prudence in wielding a centralized monopoly of force over mankind has not made this planet a better place to live, but rather it has squandered the blood and treasure of the human race. Say it ain't so!

But we shouldn't feel too bad about it, it's not like history tells this tale over and over and over again....

Perhaps the "Nature of Things" wants us to live free from the arbitrary rule of others, and not under a construct that demands coercion, compulsion and control.

Call me crazy but it almost seems as if living in a mob held together by institutionalized gang violence might be intrinsically at odds with the way human beings come to live satisfying lives.
edit on 29-5-2013 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This is a great timeline! s&f!
Can't wait for the rest of it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Great idea : )
I've bookmarked it so I'll keep checking up regulary.
As someone else mentioned- it would be great to see the 'accepted' timeline along the side to use as a comparison. It'd be interesting to see what's being taught in primary schools in the US.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Quick update... the 1950's section of the timeline is now complete.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Great thread - I look forward to seeing more as time goes by.

Any thoughts on making this a global affair? I would be keen to hear of any 'linked' conspiracy shenanigans which involved the US/ UK/ any other powers - nations or corporations, cults and the like...?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

For the time being I'm mostly concerned with American history, but you may be interested to check out the "Secret Societies" section which includes a number of international bodies.

In other news, the 1960's section of the timeline is now complete: www.afterthedream.net...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm curious about the numbers on children disappearing and when it started to become epidemic.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Very nice timeline you got going there operatorkos!

I went through your timeline and here is some feedback. Some positive, some critical. ( I also read one of your NSFW comics while I was at work, because I am a rebel, and I enjoyed it immensely.)

The good:

I like the cute icons that identify the categories.
I very much liked the MK-program entries. It is staggering to see it, year after year. Secret programs, CIA, DIA, NSA doing whatever the f*** they want, murdering foreign leaders, installing new ones, American doctors injecting helpless people with poisons and radiation, spraying SE Asia with hazardous chemicals... the people who did these things were diabolically evil.
And I very much liked that every year, you post who was who in Washington D.c.

The bad:

Black background, white text, I know it looks cool, but is so hard on the eyes!.
And all your links are to wikipedia so that's white background, black text headache inducing.

The ugly:

There is hardly any Nixon in your timeline!!!
Nixon was involved with Paperclip, he was Navy, he enjoyed a fast promotional track during WWII, he was funded by southern California industrial interests, he was a Commie buster before McCarthy was, and he was VP from 52-60. Please add some more Nixon!!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Thanks, I really appreciate the feedback. Glad you enjoyed the comic. Part of the idea behind it was to provide an entertaining fictional story that might get a general audience interested in some of the real topics discussed. Hopefully it can also be interesting to people who already know what's up!

re: all of the black ops and human experimentation, that stuff gets really depressing to compile. I've gotten pretty thick-skinned after years of researching this kind of stuff, but still... ugh. When I'm done I think I'm going to go back and add a new category, something along the lines of "Successful Acts of Resistance".

re: the bad, I know the color scheme is less than ideal. I'm pretty much locked into it on that site because I initially chose it to go along with the noir comic. I may eventually launch a new site solely dedicated to the timeline and choose some colors that are a little easier on the eyes for such a text-intensive display of info. I made the text large by default to try and offset that a little.

re: the ugly... Drop some science on me, friend! There will certainly be more Nixon by the time I'm done with the 70's, but I haven't read that much about his pre-Presidency shenanigans. I didn't actually realize he was directly involved with Paperclip. If you have any good sources, or any specific historical Nixon events you think I should add in, I'd welcome the input.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Cool. Here's a little Nixon science
I think that Nixon is very underrated in conspiracy theories of the 20th century. He has been on the fast track to Navy promotions, he has been on the fast track to the White House, he was bloodied in 1960, he got his revenge in 1963, he had his comeback (like Elvis Presley) in 1968, he faked the moon landings and devised an escape plan, Watergate, which made him look like a bumbling burglar, Ford pardoned him for all his crimes in Viet Nam and in America. And that's why Nixon is so underrated. Nixon's Navy time period is the same as the Operation Paperclip immigrations of the Nazi scumbags who were brought into to this country in 1946-47. Nixon's Navy assignments allowed him to expedite papers and passports for Nazi's and to make financial arrangements for them. That was the role of Nixon in Paperclip.

1 Oct. 1942 Nixon completes Navy Officer training.

Looking for more excitement, Nixon volunteered for sea duty and reported to Commander Air Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet where he was assigned as Officer in Charge of the South Pacific Combat Air Transport Command at Guadalcanal in the Solomons and later at Green Island. His unit prepared manifests and flight plans for C-47 operations and supervised the loading and unloading of the cargo aircraft. For this service he received a Letter of Commendation from the Commander South Pacific Area and South Pacific Force for "meritorious and efficient performance of duty as Officer in Charge of the South Pacific Combat Air Transport Command... "

1943 Nixon the Poker Player

Nixon, for the most part, played tight but aggressive and viewed poker as a metaphor, learning life lessons wherever he could. As he wrote in his memoir: 'I found playing poker instructive as well as entertaining and profitable, I learned that the people who have the cards are usually the ones who talk the least and softest; those who are bluffing tend to talk loudly and give themselves away.'

1944-45

From December through March 1945, he served at the Bureau of Aeronautics, Navy Department, Washington, D.C. In January 1945, he was transferred to the Bureau of Aeronautics office in Philadelphia to help negotiate the termination of war contracts, and he received another letter of commendation for his work there.

10 Mar. 1946 Nixon released from the Navy. Rank of Lt. Commander. (Compare to JFK, GHW Bush and Jimmy Carter were retired as only Navy Lieutenants.)

3 Jan. 1947 Nixon sworn in at Congress.

14 May 1948 Nixon commie hunt begins. "Manages passage of Mundt-Nixon bill, the first piece of legislation passed by the House Committee on Un-American Activities in ten years, providing for the annual registration of members of the Communist party"

5 Aug. 1948 Alger Hiss hearings begin.
7 Nov. 1950 Nixon elected Senator.
23 Sept. 1952 Nixon "Checkers Speech" Nixon truly believed in the power of Tv after this speech.
4 Nov. 1952 Nixon elected VP. Nixon is being groomed for 8 years to be president by 1960.
8 Nov. 1960 Nixon loses the 1960 election to JFK. A crucial turning point in history.
29 Mar. 1962 Nixon publishes his book "6 Crises"
22 Nov. 1962 Nixon, Clint Murchison Sr. and J. Edgar Hoover are at Murchison's home in Dallas.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The 1970's section of the timeline is now complete. It includes some some truly bizarre events- an explosion of cult activity, government research into psychic phenomena, UFO abductions witnessed by groups of people, and of course a long list of horribly depressing CIA black ops.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Personally, I think you should be starting said timeline with 1942

top topics

<<   2 >>

join