It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Heya, name is Steven, but you can refer to me as CrIm, Crimson, Ghost, or any other nickname derived from my net handle. I'm an IT professional, network engineer to be precise. I have been reading ats for literally years, but never felt the need to create an account to comment on anything until recently. I do consider myself an anarchist, most don't really know what it means to be an anarchist and think it's something for teenagers and rebels, so I would like to share a quote here to help everyone understand what I know anarchism to be;

"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals…” -Emma Goldman

I feel this to be an adequate introduction to who I am, shall anyone want to know anything further, feel free to ask, I'm an open book as they say.

Thanks for reading,
The Crimson Ghost

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

A town without law is a town without crime.

welcome.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, i hope you enjoy your stay. Thanks for the anarchism explanation, its why i love this site, I learn something new everyday

King

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I feel right at home. Thanks for posting thoSe helpful links I appreciate it.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Welcome. I enjoyed your introduction!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Wasn't the crimson ghost and old comicbook hero . I could be wrong,but its so familiar to me.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
Wasn't the crimson ghost and old comicbook hero . I could be wrong,but its so familiar to me.

Sorta, kinda. The Crimson Ghost is the villain from a short run ( 1 season ) TV show back in 1946 . He wore a skull mask and used these collars he made to control people and make them his lackeys. His goal was to conquer the world using his cyclotrode. He was actually a young brilliant scientist gone mad under the mask. Been a long time since I've watched the episodes but they might be available somewhere on the net, I'm not sure, I had it on a DVD that I bought of eBay about 8 years ago because at that time it was not available anywhere I could find.

Also the punk band the misfits use the crimson ghosts mask as their logo, and they have referred to the show in some of their music, this might be where you heard of it or seen it.

edit on 28-5-2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: punctuation

edit on 28-5-2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: added last line

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride.

You'll fit right in, Mr. Crimson/Anarchist.

Hope to see you around.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

That's it. The Misfits. Wow...I completely forgot about that ,but I knew I knew it from somewhere .

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Welcome! Glad you joined.
Here's some welcome cheese cake

Enjoy your stay

Peace and love
-nat

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Welcome to the site Mr Ghost.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Welcome, Ghost!

I share your beliefs. I'll probably be seeing you around ATS.

new topics

top topics

join