It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Village Produces 321% More Energy Than It Needs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Original Article

It’s no surprise that the country that has kicked butt at the Solar Decathlon competition (to produce energy positive solar houses) year after year is the home to such a productive energy-efficient village. The village’s green initiative first started in 1997 when the village council decided that it should build new industries, keep initiatives local, bring in new revenue, and create no debt. Over the past 14 years, the community has equipped nine new community buildings with solar panels, built four biogas digesters (with a fifth in construction now) and installed seven windmills with two more on the way. In the village itself, 190 private households have solar panels while the district also benefits from three small hydro power plants, ecological flood control, and a natural waste water system.

ll of these green systems means that despite only having a population of 2,600, Wildpoldsried produces 321 percent more energy than it needs – and it’s generating 4.0 million Euro (US $5.7 million) in annual revenue by selling it back to the national grid. It is no surprise to learn that small businesses have developed in the village specifically to provide services to the renewable energy installations.

When i was driving threw New Jersey a few weeks ago i noticed that A LOT of the house had solar panels on them. I thought this was great and im excited at where this technology is taking us. We have a lot of work to do to restore our balance with nature and create a truly beautiful paradigm for all people on this planet. I'm glad to see that its finally starting at home with green initiatives like this. Maybe soon we can get out of this self destructive and egoistically driven paradigm and move into the future for everyone.
edit on 27-5-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The real Beauty of using solar energy is. The more we use it, the more Sunlight will get through....Win Win situation...Just dont tell the big fossil fuel producers who rely on the pollution from their product to keep Solar power in it's place..

Maybe.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
S&F

Sometimes it only takes a small community with dedication and common sense to make big changes. Now that they are independant and making a good amount of revenue through renewable energy sources, the community will flourish and be a great example to others how easy it is to make this step and how rewarding it can be.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Interesting. You think that all of this energy being produced the way it is is actually creating enough pollution to block out the sun? Across the globe or regionally?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Interesting. You think that all of this energy being produced the way it is is actually creating enough pollution to block out the sun? Across the globe or regionally?

Probably...what do you think.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I would say that it definately has an impact. If you are anywhere near a city that is in a valley you can see the thick cloud of smog in and around it. Pretty sickening. I wna solar panel on my car.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

junkscience.com...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Soon you'll be planting " Solar Trees " and real Trees, side by side, but not too close, yes right there...

I have been thinking of some nifty other means to bring about electricity via solar means, maybe a Solar Paint with electrode sharpies to draw wires?

Go a few steps above and say nanosolar technology?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Wow, just wow. Is that a valid source?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Havn't got a clue if it's Valid or not, but the increase in respiratory illnesses like asthma and emphysema must tell us something about the Air we Breath...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
The real Beauty of using solar energy is. The more we use it, the more Sunlight will get through....Win Win situation...Just dont tell the big fossil fuel producers who rely on the pollution from their product to keep Solar power in it's place..

Maybe.

I'm surprised "Big Oil" hasn't wiped this city off the map.
Maybe they just haven't heard of it. Yeah, that's all it is. I feel elated after coming to that logical conclusion. My whole world almost got turned upside down there for a second.

join