It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy No Theory - World Bank Insider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There are some similar stories up here about Karen Hudes, but this one seems to have some reasonable links and goes into a little detail on the manipulation.

Conspiracy NO Theory - World Bank Insider

A former insider at the World Bank, ex-Senior Counsel Karen Hudes, says the global financial system is dominated by a small group of corrupt, power-hungry figures centered around the privately owned U.S. Federal Reserve.

The network has seized control of the media to cover up its crimes, too, she explained. In an interview with The New American, Hudes said that when she tried to blow the whistle on multiple problems at the World Bank, she was fired. Now, along with a network of fellow whistleblowers, Hudes is determined to expose and end the corruption. And she is confident of success.

Citing an explosive 2011 Swiss study published in the PLOS ONE journal on the "network of global corporate control," Hudes pointed out that a small group of entities -- mostly financial institutions and especially central banks -- exert a massive amount of influence over the international economy from behind the scenes.

I suppose this is just more "confirmation" of what we already think we know coming from someone who has actually seen the mechanics of the plan.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/27.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The World Bank is NOT the "end all be all!" Most of these banks are run by corporations...not individuals. That being said, it is possible for a pyramid structure. Still it is a chess game and there is almost always a way out. Even Ms. Hudes would agree....

A major shock to that centralized power base, according to Karen, was the recent move by BRICs nations leaders to bypass the World Bank for their financing needs, by establishing their own development bank. “As the BRICs [nations] economic power grows,” she explained, “they’re not going to be strangled anymore through the grabbing [of] their resources…So their decision to start their own development bank was their way of letting [world] governments know…that its time to end this corruption.”

BRICS Nations plan to bypass World Bank

You can always take your ball and go home....or, in this case, start a new game with other players.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I wonder how they'll spin this.

On the other hand I've noticed that they also allow stories like this to die by refusing any coverage or mention.

Thank goodness for the internet.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
The World Bank is NOT the "end all be all!" Most of these banks are run by corporations...not individuals. That being said, it is possible for a pyramid structure. Still it is a chess game and there is almost always a way out. Even Ms. Hudes would agree....

A major shock to that centralized power base, according to Karen, was the recent move by BRICs nations leaders to bypass the World Bank for their financing needs, by establishing their own development bank. “As the BRICs [nations] economic power grows,” she explained, “they’re not going to be strangled anymore through the grabbing [of] their resources…So their decision to start their own development bank was their way of letting [world] governments know…that its time to end this corruption.”

BRICS Nations plan to bypass World Bank

You can always take your ball and go home....or, in this case, start a new game with other players.

I suppose you realize how difficult it is for the common man/woman to use the existing corrupt system to create an honest bank, its not going to happen, ever. The system has to be either taken down and rebuilt completely under different rules that are not ethically or morally offensive and the present players have to be removed from positions of power. You just have to remember that a corrupt system favours the corrupt.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It has always been public knowledge that the World Bank is manipulated by a handful of powerful political and economic interests. This is is not news, nor is it a conspiracy. It's realpolitik.

It is certainly not evidence of a 'New World Order' or some other such nonsense.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

How will they spin it ? I would think that no spin is necessary.

You can't speak out against the capital...it means you are against the US

....god damn commies...

that's the short version

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

It has always been public knowledge that the World Bank is manipulated by a handful of powerful political and economic interests. This is is not news, nor is it a conspiracy

I think that sentence defines a conspiracy to the letter.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
It has always been public knowledge that the World Bank is manipulated by a handful of powerful political and economic interests. This is is not news, nor is it a conspiracy. It's realpolitik.

It is certainly not evidence of a 'New World Order' or some other such nonsense.

Yeah, just cause someone is trying to manipulate the world economy doesn't mean they're trying to run it.
okey dokey

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

I suppose you realize how difficult it is for the common man/woman to use the existing corrupt system to create an honest bank, its not going to happen, ever. The system has to be either taken down and rebuilt completely under different rules that are not ethically or morally offensive and the present players have to be removed from positions of power. You just have to remember that a corrupt system favours the corrupt.

Cheers - Dave

It is not for the common man/woman to overthrow the banking system to begin with.... Protection of currency has NEVER been the role of the average person. This has always been the realm of either a.) the powerful or b.) the collective. It is in a government's best interest to protect its currency. It is in the citizen's best interest to elect a government that is capable of doing so (at least, in the free world). That's how the system works...

If you feel it is wrong or corrupt, then you revolutionize it.

In this case, it looks like some very powerful countries have decided to change the game. It's a step in the right direction.... Now if only the EU and US would get on the ball!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Yeah, just cause someone is trying to manipulate the world economy doesn't mean they're trying to run it.
okey dokey

I think that has to be one of the most profound statements I've seen on ATS in a while!!

Applause!!!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Money has been around since the times civilisations formed towns and cities. The roman era is a good example of the use of money in social ordered society.

Money is a mechanism for controlling distribution of resources to people, and the most basic of these is food, clothing abnd shelter. This being the case money can be used by humans to enslave other humans and we are all more or less slaves to the system, which is work make money and purchase goods to eat, pay rent, pay utilities bills etc.

The banking system is unlikley to change because it really is the controlling reigns over populations.

What can we surmise from this is that humans beings by their inherent nature will attempt to control other human beings, and slavery is perfectly acceptable if you are the person holding the whip.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yep, I see the strings every day....I do battle with the big boys in the finance market.....it's all a big show and has been for 50 years anyway.

We are forced to play along and be submissive but....I clobber their moves, I trade, thinking in terms of "market operators"

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sadly, this particular conspiracy theory figures prominently among those I feel are a "fête accompli" as some might say... sort of like the much older conspiracy that politics would become about wealth and power instead of 'service.'

It's a done deal.

The international - actually supranational banking cartel (the existence of which most talking heads refute passionately) already has itself so inextricably ensconced within the 'world' leadership that none may operate without their participation. Sort of like the ever-present Bene Gesserit in Frank Herbert's "Dune" series.

In order for the economic paradigm to function, these high priests of economic control tell us they must have the unilateral and unquestionable authority to own monopolies of currency.. which they themselves can counterfeit on the books at their whim, with total corporate anonymity, freedom from liability, and only token 'openness.'

They can dictate terms of loans.... because they OWN the currency. The can squeeze and expand economies

Despite the blatant disconnect between reality and the supposed sanctity of the "banking system" you might think many would "see" just how unacceptable this is... except of course for those who actually believe the bank "deserves" that power -with those, I have a difference of opinion....; as far as the rest, the "everything's hunky dory" crowd - I have little patience any longer.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Exactly! A conspiracy is when a group of people try to HIDE their actions from everyone else! These people aren't hiding anything... If you know how to understand their language, they will tell you straight up that they are the master and you are the slave! No conspiracy there. They own the air you breath so you're lucky they let you even be alive. Simple, up front slavery, like in the slave days in America, but with enough bureaucratic seperation so it looks nice, and instead of just black people, they've expanded their stable to ALL lower and middle class people. See, they didnt choose Africans for slaves because they were racist...they were just taking advantage of a helpless and less advantaged people! If Africans were white skinned but still had everything else the exact same, it would have been the same way with slavery. Except accusations of racismor colorism wouldnt exist. It was never about race. It was about "we can do this to you and there's nothing you can do about it". It just evolved over time, so people wanted it to look prettier, and it evolved to where they realized, hey, we've got all kinds of poor people, why not appear to be noble, and free the slaves, when really we are just going to enslave EVERYBODY but do it in a lawyerly, round about way...

So, good point, there is no conspiricy here...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I think you have a lot of reading to do to catch up. You might want to start with this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Welcome!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

Who do you think runs the corporations?
People are responsible for the misery they disseminate whether individually or in a group!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup86

I think you have a lot of reading to do to catch up. You might want to start with this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Welcome!

I agree with that statement and people are quite ignorant (or uninformed) when it comes to the banking system unless one has had the ability to do at least some cursory research, just to prove it to themselves that the system is far askew both ethically and morally. Ultimately however, knowing the reality of our cage, we have to organize a plan as a slave collective to replace the system and its handlers/controllers with an equitable and more effective model that does not favor a few people at the "top" of this pyramid scam.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/29.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Hopechest? Is that you? It has to be right? Who else comes in within the first five posts of every thread to make the most ridiculous and or offensive post possible.

Just to be clear, you're saying that "everyone has always known" a small group of people controls the World Bank and pretty much all the central banks and it's not evidence of a conspiracy? Duly noted.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Who do you think runs the corporations?
People are responsible for the misery they disseminate whether individually or in a group!

Who do YOU think runs the corporations? There are 37 Million economic actors in the world (circa 2007) according the data. You want to see what corporations exert the most control in the world? Something tells me it isn't going to be what you might expect.

Here's the link - arxiv.org...

Barclays (UK) takes the top spot. Capital Group (US) is next in line. Take a look at who runs those companies.... It isn't a Rothschild or Rockefeller. They also aren't individuals located on the Bloomberg list of the richest people in the world (Bloomberg Billionaires)

One thing won't chime with some of the protesters' claims: the super-entity is unlikely to be the intentional result of a conspiracy to rule the world. "Such structures are common in nature," says Sugihara.

Newcomers to any network connect preferentially to highly connected members. TNCs buy shares in each other for business reasons, not for world domination.

LinkedIn is a prime example of how these types of Networks work.

edit on 29-5-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join