It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My recent experiences meeting the feminine God. And the new 'Gospel of Simon'.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I didn't know such a group existed, but I have no doubt that when things get really bad on earth, no one will trust or believe anyone and will wonder who, if anyone, could possibly hold the truth. There will be mass confusion.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I have no doubt that when things get really bad on earth, no one will trust or believe anyone and will wonder who, if anyone, could possibly hold the truth. There will be mass confusion.

We've already reached that "when", I'm afraid. There is already mass confusion, and for my part I already don't trust anyone or believe anyone who is calling for escalation of things to "bring on the second coming!" That is happening among Christian zealots as well as the Muslim zealots.

The only "one" who seems to me to have the "Truth" on the world stage is The Dalai Llama.

Ironically, the things he teaches are the very things Jesus taught.
edit on 18-6-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I can understand where people would be attracted to the Buddhist philosophy, but it doesn't teach a Creator God,

It's easy for everyone to like what's "neutral", but that doesn't mean it's the truth, it only places itself in the middle of truth.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I can understand where people would be attracted to the Buddhist philosophy

Yes, it's not a hard philosophy to accept - although it is difficult for Westerners (Occidentals) to learn to think in the manner that the Orientals (Eastern thought). It really is like learning a foreign language. But after that work to do so, it provides peace of mind, a transcendent kind of "understanding" that defies language, and hope/confidence that everything is the way it's supposed to be at all times. It lends to one the capacity to swiftly experience passing emotions - allowing them to come and go - and staying grounded in the moment at hand.

but it doesn't teach a Creator God

And, that's a problem..... WHY?

It doesn't teach that there is NOT a Creator God, either. It insists that we don't, and can't, comprehend what is the 'cause' of all this. Buddha himself taught that it was no use to try to "define" God, that it was "improper to even try", because the human mind works in concepts and language that can in NO WAY correctly express it. It expresses itself through nature. It defies our ability to "quantify" or to "qualify." IT SIMPLY IS.

Maybe there isn't a Creator God, Dee. Maybe there isn't. And since we don't KNOW, isn't it preferable to be able to stay calm, enjoy life when it's enjoyable, endure suffering while it flows through us, and know that all things will pass??

Whatever the "truth" is - it is abundantly clear that ALL OF NATURE works in a cycle. It really IS all a cycle.

And the Buddhist concept of reincarnation mimics the natural CYCLES of the universe and all that we see. Seasons - bith, life, and death - liquid, vapor, ice - buds, leaves, dormancy - day, night. It's like being on a river, floating - the river will go where it goes - and we are simply along for the ride. The cycles will turn in their own time - and we are part of the cycle.

We have consciousness, of that we are certain. Much recent science and technology has allowed us to explore "afterlife" phenomenon - people are being brought back from the brink, LIVING TO TELL what it is like - and that in itself is quite astounding and reassuring, don't you agree?

Maybe we are just a blip on an unfathomably long timeline; Any 'creator' entity may just as well have set it all in motion with the trajectory of the whole being FAR FAR beyond what we'll ever figure out.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Whatever the "truth" is - it is abundantly clear that ALL OF NATURE works in a cycle. It really IS all a cycle.

Which is precisely why I believe there is a Creator God that created that order in the first place.

edit on 18-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Which is precisely why I believe there is a Creator God that created that order in the first place.

Okay, fine. We agree on that point for now.

The issue I have with the Christian "Creator God" or the Jewish or Muslim, is that men have decided to use FEAR of that God - with ridiculous notions of "Hell" and "Satan" and there being some kind of cosmic struggle between invisible entities - and this, I think, we should LONG AGO have outgrown.

The difference is that it doesn't matter TO ME whether or not there is a "Creator God," because that "Creator God" is not here to direct traffic - and what we have is what we got - no more than what we got. There is no throne in the sky, no sadistic bastard waiting to throw people in hell and laughing at them because they FAIL TO BE PERFECT.

Having FEAR is useless. Our job is to learn to get along, steward this planet, see to the needs of EVERYONE - which we CAN already do, but not everyone WANTS TO - and that is our weakness.

If reincarnation is real (and I believe it is) - then we ALL ought to be concerned that no matter WHERE our souls land next time around (if we have to come back to keep learning) we will not face starvation, illness, poverty, war, hunger, exposure to the elements, slavery, abuse, etc.

I think THAT is the most likely "expectation" of any Creator God observing from afar and keeping tallies on things. The cycle won't end - it will just roll back around.

My belief is that once humanity has figured out that we MUST care for one another and our Mother Earth, honor her and respect one another's dignity - THAT WILL BE THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN ON EARTH. We don't HAVE TO HAVE A JESUS ONE-TIME-ONLY repeat performance for us to do that. THAT is what he was tellling us, Dee!

That we need to take care of one another, honor our bodies and our home planet, as well as our cosmic "source."

Once a soul figures that out - once ALL of the souls figure that out - we will have that "Garden of Eden" again - sans the talking snake, bad fruit, dirt/rib, original sin nonsense (and nonsense it all is!) they are evolved - they move to their place in the ether, reunited with Truth and Love. But we continue to screw it up, so we have to keep coming back. No time limit. The very notion of reincarnation is NOT about "oh, goody! I get another chance!".... no, it's more of a "remedial course" to try again.

People use "karma" to understand reward/punishment - reward is being dismissed from school with high marks. Punishment is having to come back and do it all again. For some, the "status" and "circumstances" will be dazzingly UNPLEASANT. Whether or not this is REAL or simply a creative EXPLANATION of why some suffer and others don't --
Doesn't it make sense that we should ensure that no one who has to "do it all again" will suffer?

It's the ONLY REAL ANSWER to our conundrum. We are NOT helpless. We are making stupid choices.

Either that, or the real answer is ALIENS.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Our entire existence here on earth is proof of continued "stupid choices" that never get corrected and repeat themselves. Why? because people choose to exert their own free will. That's the whole point. Until everyone surrenders their free will for God's will, nothing is going to change and there are always going to be people who don't want to give it up. We aren't capable of saving ourselves or we would have done it already.

According to the Bible, we'll come to know a time of peace and the truth, but our free will is going to remain. This is why God releases Satan from the Abyss after that 1,000 years of peace I was telling you about earlier. He'll give everyone one last chance to exert their own free will to choose God's way or Satan's way. If you want, you can replace God and Satan with good and evil, but the result is going to remain the same.

Even after everyone knows the truth, there are still going to be people who choose evil over good or their own will over God's will and God's going to allow them do it clear up until the very end.

There will never be perfection until evil is taken completely out of the way and everyone decides to follow one will instead of a bunch of different wills.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'll even go a little bit further and compare what I've just said to what you said earlier about nature.

Nature has an order. Until we all follow the same order, it's going to be thrown out of whack.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Until everyone surrenders their free will for God's will, nothing is going to change and there are always going to be people who don't want to give it up. We aren't capable of saving ourselves or we would have done it already.

More of that DEFEATIST attitude and pessimism you are so accomplished at spreading.

I don't agree with you. We ARE capable - and we MUST save ourselves.
I don't believe in Hell or Satan, Dee, I don't even believe in a personalized God (particularly a "He") - and I can see using my own common sense and INBORN ALTRUISM what needs to be done.

Does this mean I'm an advanced soul? Maybe. I don't know. But my premise still stands. MY boat floats.
YOURS is sinking, while you count the days and wait for doom.

I believe we ARE on the cusp of getting it - and implementing it. And we don't need Jesus to return! We just need to step up and do it. Tell me why it is impossible WITHOUT blaming original sin, Satan, demons, or mankind as evil puppets. If those 'ideas' (original sin, demons, Satan, and intrinsic evil) are ONLY THAT - IDEAS - (which is ALL THEY ARE) are not added to the equation, or used to "excuse" this mess - why could it not work? Hmmmm??

Or, not.
Whatever.
Just wring your hands, rock back and forth, pray and fret, and don't do anything except blame demons and Satan and mankind for being evil. That seems very productive, and proactive.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

More of that DEFEATIST attitude and pessimism you are so accomplished at spreading.

It's not really about having a "defeatist attitude", it's about using common sense and logic to know that until everything falls under the same order, there's going to be chaos and confusion.

Since you say you have common sense and logic, do you really see everyone on earth believing the same thing sometime in the future? I mean everyone. Everyone would have to believe the exact same thing to make it perfect. Or maybe you're just willing to settle for "as close to perfect as we can make it", which is still going to be a far cry from perfection.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I believe we ARE on the cusp of getting it - and implementing it.

Really? How so?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

People are waking up and ditching religion.

Finally.
Progress.

The more people who squawk about this and won't be silenced by backward-thinking shepherd-guys' ideas, and the more we PAY ATTENTION to the RIGHTNESS of what Jesus recommended, the closer we will get.

Religion needs to go. Period.
"Love our Source, and treat others the way you want to be treated." is the whole of the law, according to JC.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Since you say you have common sense and logic, do you really see everyone on earth believing the same thing sometime in the future?
Do we all need air to breathe and water to drink and food? YES. WE ALL AGREE ON THAT. We ALL BELIEVE IT.

I mean everyone.
I'm very sure that EVERYONE BELIEVES that everyone needs clean air to breathe and clean water to drink and nutritious food.

Everyone would have to believe the exact same thing to make it perfect.

Since we all believe those exact same things just cited above, there we have the answer. That's all we need to know to get it done.

Or maybe you're just willing to settle for "as close to perfect as we can make it", which is still going to be a far cry from perfection.
As soon as we ditch religion and all embrace HUMANITY as brothers and sisters in our care, it'll be perfect.

God. You aren't really that dense, Dee, I know it. You're just scared. It takes intestinal fortitude to change direction - the "coping mechanism" of "religion" NO LONGER SERVES.

THE COMMON GOOD is what is required, and it's not rocket science.
Air, water, food, clothing, safety. Period. That's all.
No Jesus reunion, no apocalypse, no globally held or fighting factions with opposing superstitions.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

THE COMMON GOOD is what is required, and it's not rocket science.

I suppose that you see "common good" winning out over everything else throughout the entire world right now?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
30 is the age of maturity in the time of Jesus and still to this day and his years are not lost and he was studying the gospels as any of his people did and it is very strict with Gods teachings.

Luke 4:16

16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Joseph was 30 years old when he became 2nd in command to Pharaoh, after being in prison as a slave in Egypt: “And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went throughout all the land of Egypt.” (Genesis 41:46)

The priests officially entered service at age 30: “From thirty years old and upward even until fifty years old, all that enter into the host, to do the work in the tabernacle of the congregation.” (Numbers 4:3)

When Moses died, the Israelites mourned him for 30 days: “And the children of Israel wept for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days: so the days of weeping and mourning for Moses were ended.” (Deuteronomy 34:8)

Saul became King when he was 30 years old, before he was a “nobody”: “Saul was thirty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty two years over Israel.” (1 Samuel 13:1)

David became King when he was 30 years old, he was a mere Shepard before his anointing: “David was thirty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years.” (2 Samuel 5:4)

Ezekiel was called by God as a prophet at age 30: “Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the river of Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God.” (Ezekiel 1:1)

John the Baptist was age 30 when he came out from the wilderness to pave the way for the Messiah (Jesus). We know John was roughly 30 because the bible says he was born 6 months before Jesus, and Jesus started his ministry at age 30.

Jesus officially started his ministry at age 30. Before this time, he worked as a carpenter and “grew in stature, wisdom, and favor with God and man.” “Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph (Luke 3:23)”

Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver: “Then one of the twelve, named Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests and said, “What are you willing to give me to betray Him to you?” And they weighed out thirty pieces of silver to him. From then on he began looking for a good opportunity to betray Jesus.” (Matthew 26:14)
- See more at: www.revelation.co...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I suppose that you see "common good" winning out over everything else throughout the entire world right now?

As soon as religion dies out, which could be done in a matter of two generations. But it won't die out until everyone stops reading their "Book" and starts PAYING ATTENTION TO RIGHT NOW.

Stupid "living for what happens after death" , and GREED, and HURTING EACH OTHER is the problem.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This Buddhist monk dies for three days and is shown hell and comes back to life just before he is about to be cremated.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

After thousands of years, do you really believe that it's logical that religion will come to an end?

The Bible says that many will fall away from the church, but you're never going to be able to destroy religion, just like God will never allow the Jews to be destroyed either. We'll see everything on the brink before he makes himself known.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

As soon as religion dies out, which could be done in a matter of two generations. But it won't die out until everyone stops reading their "Book" and starts PAYING ATTENTION TO RIGHT NOW.

Stupid "living for what happens after death" , and GREED, and HURTING EACH OTHER is the problem.

Your speaking of the great falling away before the deceiver comes to save the day and many will follow this false revival and when you see this happen run away from the churches. Many will take the mark when this happens and it's because the churches was supposed to be preparing the people for this but the deceiver infiltrated the churches and made Christians lukewarm and are not truly ready and are in for a very big shock.

The Great Apostasy

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[a] had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Whatever. I guess you don't see "evolution" as a thing that can be applied to ANY ASPECT of life.

:shk:
We are EVOLVING as a species. NOW is the time to vaporize ourselves, or follow Christ's example.
I'm so tired of hearing "the Bible says". The Bible "says" anything anyone wants it to say. And the NT is NOT proof that the OT was all prophesies - it IS, however, evidence that the NT was very easily back-engineered to make it LOOK like the OT was correct.

Remember, that Jesus was a Jew. He tried to correct the Jews. They didn't like it, so they killed him. Supposedly.

How about what LIFE SAYS, Dee? What HISTORY says?

Life does NOT COME with an instruction manual. It just doesn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join