It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just want to confess my love for Josh Groban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
(This is a bit video heavy, guys, sorry)

Seriously, guys, he's there for everything:

For the hard times:

For the good times:

For being in love:

To help you get on with things:

For the times you need someone to relate with (I adore this one):

For the times when you need a laugh:

And have you seen his Twitter? He's just hilarious. And when he was on Never Mind The Buzzcocks? I think I fell in love with him then.

He can sing live and recorded, something a lot of people seem to have trouble with these days. And singing his songs really helps regain my voice when I have something like a chest infection which knacks it up.

He helps with my revision in exam season by reducing my stress levels, calming me down, cheering me up and just helping me tune everything else out.

I have every one of his albums (apart from the Christmas one, sorry Josh, I don't like Christmas. Might give in around the time though. You never know).

I think the man's secretly a god or something. And he needs more praise. So if you haven't heard of him before, or you haven't heard him before, check him out. I wish I could post more videos but this will take 5 hours to load as it is so I better not! Other songs I particularly love are War at Home, Higher Window, Now Or Never, Weeping and February Song. But to be honest there are loads and they're all great.

So, here's to Josh.
Thanks for everything man.
edit on 27/5/2013 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I've got to agree with you like

He is such a fantastic artists, with such an unbelievable, and you can listen to him no matter what the siutation or how your feeling

ooooorr even if you just wanna have a little dance around your room while getting read

Its not very often you find a talent like his in the music industry these days, and hopefully he continues for a long time to come

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKiryu

Shh. That was to Below the Line.

But aye, he's an incredible talent. Something the music industry lacks a fair bit these days. You don't hear many younger singers like Josh now. I mean, don't get me wrong you know how much I love Example and Plan B and folk stuff (inc Pelageya).

But Josh... Just wow. Him and the Star Trek soundtrack have got me through this last month, man. Serious.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

LOL!!! you were still doing it tho

neh i don't blame you, his music has that sort of effect, doesnt matter how your feeling a bit of josh and things can be all better lol

yeah i agree, its a shame to say it really, but the music industry these days isnt that great, he is defintaley one of the most talented artistst ou there currently like.

and yeah you can't go wrong with a bit of benjamin or example

Don't get me started on Michael Giacchino, I think i love that man, the way he composes music is just amazing

could you imagin if the two of them joined togeather man!!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I've been listening to Josh Groban for years...
the guy's amazing. He has an incredible voice... and seems to be a pretty normal, down-to-earth guy, too, which is cool. There are some nice clips of him and Michael Buble on YouTube mocking each other on stage, which I liked.

I also like your choice of favourites... Higher Window? February Song? Yes please!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKiryu

I used to watch him on Ally McBeal the final,season,, I believe Tom Berringer played his father. His singing and acting was very good. He il

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
For those who it may concern, the only videos made available for mobile users are, as follows, "to help you get through things" (video 4?, Titled: Brave) and "for when you need a laugh" (video 6? last on list, Titled: Josh Groban sings Kanye West tweets).

To OP, thank you for showing me a new artist
Music has been instrumental (heh
) in assisting me during the rough patches, and boosting my happier moments in life to new extremes. I have not listened yet because I wanted to post here asap to let people know so nobody using mobile skips over the two that are watchable if they mistakenly assume that the entire list was designated as pc only. A fair assumption being that the first 3 presented are. Maybe there's still time to.... Oh what am I thinking, you're a (g)od of this realm XD If you wish, you can add the above information I've provided to your op, after verifying it for yourself of course, in the event that a fellow member might not see my post and skip over it, and miss out on the music...not because they are lazy or presumptive, but perhaps they had a busy day, or something important came up, or they have limited access to the internet due to time, data, or other constraints.

But because I see that someone feels so strongly about this music, I will indeed listen to it and very possibly look into this artist's music some more. I feel very passionately about music, and there is so much music that exists out there, that I do consider it probably one the greatest gifts you can give someone is introducing them to music they will enjoy forever. Now if you don't enjoy it, then its not much of a gift. But if you do, then its awesome. Same goes with books, movies, etc. Sure, there are tons of blogs and publications that publish reviews, but the best recommendations I find come from these kinds of personal interactions. My most favorite book series, The Hyperion Cantos, came from a chain of events that began from someone online recommending Snowcrash to me, which is also one of my favorites. Chances are I would never have heard of or taken interest in either if it wasn't for that one interaction with a person I spoke with a couple of times online and never talked to again. It's pretty cool.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
For those who it may concern, the only videos made available for mobile users are, as follows, "to help you get through things" (video 4?, Titled: Brave) and "for when you need a laugh" (video 6? last on list, Titled: Josh Groban sings Kanye West tweets).

To OP, thank you for showing me a new artist
Music has been instrumental (heh
) in assisting me during the rough patches, and boosting my happier moments in life to new extremes. I have not listened yet because I wanted to post here asap to let people know so nobody using mobile skips over the two that are watchable if they mistakenly assume that the entire list was designated as pc only. A fair assumption being that the first 3 presented are. Maybe there's still time to.... Oh what am I thinking, you're a (g)od of this realm XD If you wish, you can add the above information I've provided to your op, after verifying it for yourself of course, in the event that a fellow member might not see my post and skip over it, and miss out on the music...not because they are lazy or presumptive, but perhaps they had a busy day, or something important came up, or they have limited access to the internet due to time, data, or other constraints.

But because I see that someone feels so strongly about this music, I will indeed listen to it and very possibly look into this artist's music some more. I feel very passionately about music, and there is so much music that exists out there, that I do consider it probably one the greatest gifts you can give someone is introducing them to music they will enjoy forever. Now if you don't enjoy it, then its not much of a gift. But if you do, then its awesome. Same goes with books, movies, etc. Sure, there are tons of blogs and publications that publish reviews, but the best recommendations I find come from these kinds of personal interactions. My most favorite book series, The Hyperion Cantos, came from a chain of events that began from someone online recommending Snowcrash to me, which is also one of my favorites. Chances are I would never have heard of or taken interest in either if it wasn't for that one interaction with a person I spoke with a couple of times online and never talked to again. It's pretty cool.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
nice voice...pussy whipped music.

Sorry to say...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

Since this is ATS I should ask for your current relationship with this man. Is he paying you to advertise for him?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

I've seen him a fair bit on British TV doing interviews (and NMTB) and the guy is warm, disarming and very very funny. I would not touch his albums with a ten foot pole, however, inspite of me finding him a genuine wit.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Why do women always listen to such sappy boring music? Blah! I prefer something along the lines of Avenged Sevenfold or Shadows Fall. Something fast and heavy. Metal is where it's at. No tree hugging hippy crap for me.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Right, these are going to have to be the quickest responses ever before my internet dies again and I throw the laptop out of the window

reply to post by 3n19m470

Thanks for letting me know.
I just assumed everything would work on mobile (actually, I completely forgot about mobile if I'm honest), but seemingly not! He is good, though. So check him out. Call him what you want, it's classical style, which is in itself difficult to pull off and it's very calming to listen to if you're trying to sleep or revise.

reply to post by moonsouljah

I hadn't seen that one before! That's great

reply to post by LastStarfighter

No, the CIA did. They have subliminal messaging inserted into his songs in order to control the minds of the population and I'm helping with that.
Secondly, no. I wish. I'm sick of being skint and that might mean I actually knew him

reply to post by Darkmask

Firstly; how do you know I'm a woman? I might not be. Plus, not all women like Josh Groban.

Secondly; I don't only listen to "sappy, boring music". It's extremely difficult to revise with rap music playing in the background and that's what my life has consisted of for the last 2 months.

Thirdly; if everyone liked the same thing, life would be properly boring. I hate metal. It's just noise to me, and that comes from a musicians point of view. I have everything from Pelageya to Eminem, Plan B, Labrynth and Example to Josh to McFly the Star Trek soundtrack and Buble on my computer and my iPod. I can listen to practically everything. Except metal. because I like something with a bit more music than heavy guitar and someone shouting into a microphone. In fact, if they didn't have the shouting, it'd be okay. I can play metal. I have electric guitars. I just prefer my music to be less clashy and with less shouting.

Yet, I'm not going to insult your liking of metal, because everyone's different and I don't dictate the worlds tastes.

edit on 30/5/2013 by Ayana because: layout

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
Why do women always listen to such sappy boring music? Blah! I prefer something along the lines of Avenged Sevenfold or Shadows Fall. Something fast and heavy. Metal is where it's at. No tree hugging hippy crap for me.

You realise it's quite possible to enjoy both, right?
A7X have been one of my favourite bands for years, but I *love* Josh Groban.
...that's the beauty of music. Different music speaks to different situations and times in our lives, and it's quite possible to love them all!

top topics

join