It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: IE vs. Mozilla differences on ATS..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I've been using Mozilla Firefox for about 2 months now, and I've noticed a huge difference in it while viewing ATS then with Internet Explorer.

Below, I attached 2 pictures, one of IE and one of Firefox..

My question is, why is there such a huge gap on Firefox? Can this be fixed on my end, or is it a code problem?

Mozilla Firefox
Microsoft IE 6.0
Large pictures

Another problem I noticed while browsing ATS in firefox is alot of threads seem to extend horizontally.. causing me to constantly have to scroll sideways to read every post.. (pain in the ass) .. I know large pictures cause this, but most of the threads I have this problem in have no pictures at all.. perhaps its a signature bug?

If this is a well known ATS bug, then I apologize for repeating...

If there is a way to fix this in Firefox, some help would be awesome!

[edit on 11/6/2004 by QuietSoul]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I use Firefox as well and have the vertical gaps. But usually, the horizontal extension is due to a link string that is so long it extends the post frame past the window....I've never noticed it happening other than that.

Some sites just won't work with FireFox and I have to open IE...uggh.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
i looked at both your pictures, if you look at the foxfire one, the post is centered in the middle of the avatar. if you look at the IE one, the post is at the top of the avatar and the space is underneath.....
it may be the way foxfire is set up, in you internet options, or maybe thats just the way foxfire is, centering stuff.......

personally i use IE, just cause i havn't found anything else i really like......

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Just some minor differences between how the two different browser engine's render the html.

Firefox may not render the same becouse MS may hold technology patents that make Netscape (firefox) do things a little differently.

top topics

join