It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria's Civil War Spills Over the Borders: Hezbollah Declares War on Rebels, Vows to Fight With Ass

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

The hell you talking about? The 2006 Lebanon War decimated the Lebanese civil infrastructure, killed at least 1,500+ Lebanese, displaced well over a million people, and rendered huge swaths of land under Hezbollah control uninhabitable. In all that, 165 Israelis died, including civilians. In fact the only highlight that Hezbollah seems to have made in that war was he capture of a mere 2 Israeli soldiers.

Oh right when Israel decimated Lebanese civilian infrastructure from the Air on account of Lebanon having no anti air defense?, what a victory that was, some real heroic stuff for sure.

But on the ground, how many Merkava main battle tanks did Israel loose again?, 50 was it?, some reports even go as high as a high 100. How far did they get into Lebanon after trying to invade it on the ground? again?, oh thats right, they didnt. Because they could not invade Lebanon on the ground, because Hezbollah defeated the Israeli ground attack, quite thoroughly.

And the "uninhabitable" areas you reference are directly on account of the still unexploded Israeli cluster bombs left from there criminal use. You seem to have left that out of your paraphrased wikipedia quote however.

Israel well and truly hammered on the ground by Hezbollah, to say otherwise is nonsense.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Yes.. israel lost more than a dozen tanks via Russian anti tank missiles, and most of the 68 Israeli soldiers who died were killed by those missiles.

Still .. 68 deaths and the loss of the some hardware versus ..... the destruction of Lebanon and the loss of several hundred Hezbollah fighters.

I get the anti-Israel bit you like to go on .. the "oh I'm gunna root for the under dog!" but Israel kicked their ass, brutally and efficiently. As they always do. As they always will. No nation in the Middle East can take on the IDF let alone some ragtag militants, even with their fancy Russian weapons.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

What can I say?, facts are facts. Israel was unable to invade Lebanon on account of Hezbollah. Now back to my original point, If some poorly armed, poorly trained terrorist factions from Syria think it would be a smart thing to antagonize Hezbollah into a confrontation, I'd say they would be wrong, I think that would be fairly idiotic in all honesty considering the actual experience Hezbollah soldiers have after decades of combat.

However I doubt Lebanon would ever allow their border with Israel to go undefended, I doubt it will amount to much, If it ever did Israel will more than likely walk straight into Lebanon, shame really. But hey those settlers have to go somewhere right?, I imagine they are running out of Palestinians to murder.

I get the anti-Israel bit you like to go on .. the "oh I'm gunna root for the under dog!"

No it isnt that at all really, I just generaly do not make a habit of supporting nations who would systemically murder millions of people in ghettos through military occupation, starvation and disease. I personaly think that is just kinda wrong you know?, as a person and all that and generaly a decent human being I think thats really really wrong.
edit on 27-5-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
reply to post by daaskapital

Look at how the forum truncated the last word of your thread title.

looks like it's gonna be a dirty fight.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
reply to post by daaskapital

Look at how the forum truncated the last word of your thread title.

I knew that they didn't actually vow to fight with their asses, but I knew that I had to click the link and star the first person who pointed it out. Hilarious.
edit on 5/27/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If all the countries in the middle east want to join in the war and annihalate each other the world would probably be a much better place.
edit on 27-5-2013 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
EU's version of negotiating a diplomatic solution...
www.aljazeera.com...
Genocide.

edit on 27-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

No it isnt that at all really, I just generaly do not make a habit of supporting nations who would systemically murder millions of people in ghettos through military occupation

Thanks for proving my point. I don't support Israel either, but I don't pretend they lose wars.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Tuttle

No it isnt that at all really, I just generaly do not make a habit of supporting nations who would systemically murder millions of people in ghettos through military occupation

Thanks for proving my point. I don't support Israel either, but I don't pretend they lose wars.

No but you sure seem to no problem with pretending them winning wars either. Face facts in 06 Israel got it's ass handed to them.

edit on 27-5-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Iran and the Saudi's hate eachother, each funding their own side in this proxy war. They'll keep poking and jabbing eachother until it ends up getting real. Ah, the politics of war.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Does anybody actually see what "really" is goin on in the Mid-East, and not just the Syria conflict?

It is part of the Global Chessboard.

Use local ethnic and religious differences to ferment a Civil/Regional War that will engulf the entire MidEast.

It will greatly weaken all nations involved and then the West can come in and redraw the borders as it suits it.

Divide and Conquer.

They are getting the Arabs to fight against themselves.

Imagine if they had half a brain and actually all got together....Siite and Shia under one Arab/Muslim banner?

Now that then would be a serious problem for the West. But as it stands, as unfortunate as all the deaths are,.....its all part of The Plan.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
so they are going to settle this by staging a donkey fight?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join