It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Bush redeem himself in your eyes?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The man(?) is a LIAR, CHEAT, THIEF AND MURDERER. G. BRISH couldn't redeem himself in the eyes of an arch criminal and therefore couldn't possibly hope to redeem himself in the eyes of an independent thinking American. Anyone who voted for G. Brish is a brainwashed, subliminally programmed chimpanzee (see Gov't Projects TOWER, HAARP and PROJECT CLEAN SWEEP) You can access these project information posts at:

disc.server.com...:title=AFPN

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
What if Bush does NOT go into Iran and lets Israel handle it themselves? What if Bush opted to let the UN deal with Iran and said that until we clean up Iraq and Afghanistan we will let others deal with the problems?

That would be a start. IMO, if he did this, it would be the most intelligent thing he has done since he took office 4 years ago.

I hope that we do not have another 9/11, but if we did, I wonder if Bush's approval rating would shoot back up to what it was right after 9/11 or if it would actually decrease because people would fear that it would mean it was justification for another situation like Iraq.

Jemison

Yes, I believe his approval rating would skyrocket. Americans have always had partyline disputes. However, when faced with adversity such as 9/11, we are a people united with a common goal. It used to be that if we are not fighting someone else, then we were fighting ourselves. Violence to our nation tends to make people put thier differences aside. I would not support him in this instance, but Im sure the majority of America would. I would support America in all of her dying glory, but not the president. Jemison, I love the America I grew up with, but its not the same place anymore. I feel that unless the patriot act is repealed, we will never attain our former glory. Im afraid our colors are fading.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The problem with me in particular is that I did not like bush before the elections due to his policies and warmongering views, after elections he still had not change policies I don't think he will and his use of God as a politician that is guiding him in his crusade is very offending to my personal views of my creator, I will never redeem him in my eyes.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The problem with me in particular is that I did not like bush before the elections due to his policies and warmongering views,

Are you referring to the first election? If so, in what way was he a warmongerer pre 9/11?

Jemison

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
He can.

1. Push to have the Patriot Act Revoked
2. Stand up for the working man for a change
3. Be flexible

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I posted many times that I was a bush supporter in 2000 I even celebrated his win over Gore, I even supported the attack of Afghanistan, I even watched glue to the TV the ivasion of Iraq, until everything came to place and they lies started to come to light, sorry but he is not fighting any terrorism is goal is to spread his vision and get a hold of the rich resources of oil in Iraq, he has plans and you will see them come to realization in the next 4 years.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I posted many times that I was a bush supporter in 2000 I even celebrated his win over Gore, I even supported the attack of Afghanistan, I even watched glue to the TV the ivasion of Iraq, until everything came to place and they lies started to come to light,

Sorry, I missed those posts. I've only been here for a few months so I was not aware that you were ever a Bush supporter. Thanks for the clarification.

Just out of curiosity, what would your reaction be if we DID find WMD's in Iraq? I realize that it's a big 'if' but it is still possible that we could uncover something. Would you feel better about Iraq?

Jemison

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Perhaps, my mind will be better, but the damage on that country is great is going to be hard to turn you face to the other side, also do you know that bush plans are to privatized the oil in Iraq, with the approval of the inteim goverment and the companies to take over the oil are all american companies, you know things like that will make you think about the true agenda of the goverment of our country.

This is a link to the plans of US over the iraqi oil. This is as recently as today.

www.commondreams.org...

[edit on 013030p://666 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I dont have any more of a problem with Bush than I would have had with Kerry what worries me is that one party controls the nation and I just hope they dont do anything that cant be fixed.

Before everyone starts screaming "Kerry lover" with that glazed look in your eyes I would be even MORE worried if the Democrats controled the whole show. We need MORE parties not less that is how they keep each other at least semi-honest

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yes, Bush can definitely redeem himself.

When he commits to a full confession of his lies and high crimes and misdemeanors and takes his porridge, if he is a model prisoner like any other "God-fearing Christian" would be who is serving time, Bush will be well under way to rehabilitation.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I didn't vote for Bush in 2000. He had 4 years to win me over and he failed miserably. I was skeptical of a man who admits to not reading, who only can only process "received wisdom" from a circle of staunchly conservative advisors with terrifying agendas (see www.newamericancentury.org... John Ashcroft's Pentacostal beliefs, appointing corporate advocates to positions where public policy would be set--I could go on and on here...), and the fact that the man had vitually no international policy experience. The initial 9 months of his presidency left a lot to be desired.

When my city was attacked on 9/11, it changed my life indelibly. I lost friends and coworkers that day. A third of my firm's offices that I had worked for during the past 13 years had been destroyed, which eventually led to my losing my job. To say that it was devastating personally is an understatement. Considering the tough talk that Bush had issued after the attack, I assumed that justice would be served. It wasn't, and it wasn't in a very big way.

I supported the war in Afghanistan, and I initially believed the reasons for going to war in Iraq, but I became very angry when I learned that the case for war in Iraq was made by cherry-picking intelligence to support a pre-set agenda. It is clear that the Iraqi agenda was made prior to 9/11--the deaths of 3000 people were exploited as an opportunity to go after the world's 2nd largest untapped oil reserves. The BS that ensued--the changing reasons for the war, the hundreds of billions of dollars that were diverted to Iraq instead of being spent on homeland security, the continuous drumbeat of terror alerts that proved that terrorism was still looming but Al Qaeda was not the main focus of governments efforts, the creation of a new center for terrorism by going to war in Iraq, and the continuous obsufication of how badly the situation in Iraq is going to influence the election--just made it even more obvious that Americans were being manipulated.

What really turned my dislike of George Bush into hatred was how he had the gall to use the 3000 lives that were lost in the WTC attacks for political gain. He had the audacity to come to NYC in August and stage a gross display of false sentiment and caring, claiming victory over the terrorists. In what alternate universe are we victorious when there are terror alerts every month and reports of potential attacks on a weekly basis? The same week, the Lower Manhattan Development Corp, released a study that said that two of the buildings that were severely damaged when the towers fell on them contained harmful Dioxins, asbestos, and other toxins. The buildings couldn't come down because lower Manhattan would be contaminated and the cost of doing it the right way was more than the funds allocated by the federal government. Also that week, Dennis Hastert's book came out blasting New Yorkers for being too greedy in the wake of 9/11--we should be happy with funds granted by the federal government, even though they were insufficient to effectively deal with the clean-up and reconstruction. Also, although the terror alert in NYC alternated remained the highest in the country, we were only allocated $5 per person for security--the lowest in the country. Not to mention the fact that the terror alert in NYC was raised to "Orange +" because of the presence of the republican convention. Most New Yorkers were disgusted.

Bush has not brought one terrorist responsible for this heinous crime to justice. Osama bin Laden is still alive and well. His organization is bigger than it was three years ago. Terrorist attacks around the world have increased exponentially since 9/11--and to say that terrorism is under control because we haven't been attacked within our borders is denying what terrorism is. Al Qaeda is already here--every time the terror alert is raised and every time the media reports the possibility of an attack, their presence is felt. The psychological effect is the same--and that is what terrorism is about. Al Qaeda doesn't even need to kill people to spread terror--the government and the media are already agents of fear. Terrorism is all about fear--and I would say that the majority of Americans are very afraid. I would also say that Al Qaeda calls the legions of terrified Americans a glowing success story.

Many New Yorkers like myself feel abandoned by the rest of the country. We were attacked and the main focus should have been to bring the attackers--Al Qaeda--to justice. The past three years and billions of dollars should have been spent stopping Al Qaeda in their tracks, obliterating them from the face of the Earth, and making Americans feel safe again. Instead, George Bush started a war in Iraq for dubious reasons, which let Al Qaeda flourish and allowed the man responsible for killing my friends remain at large. George Bush's assault on Americans via terror alerts has the same effect as terrorism.

59 million Americans somehow ignored this and gave this man a second chance to make Americans feel safe, even though he has failed to do so over the past three years, oddly indicating in some places that forbidding two men from getting married is a more important issue. Thanks America.

Obviously, for these reasons, I don't think that there is any way that George Bush will be able to redeem himself in my eyes.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
all bush would have to do is fully adopt the libertarian platform,fire all the bootlicking nazi's in his cabinet and i would fully support him.till then he's got a snowballs chance.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
it is not if i will redeem bush- - but rather if GOD will forgive bush- - - love the person- - hate the - - sin.this is very hard to do. i know - we must try if we are christians- however i believe that he has made his choice- - GOD SAYS- ME FRIST - YOUR COUNTRY NEXT - - THEN YOUR FAMILY. he is the one that will stand before GOD. not one of us.- - i am not perfect - - how ever i am glad that i do not have to stand in - -in his place- -i believe that he is one of the ones that are trying to put the noose around our necks- -look at the pat. act- - - 1 and2- - my good ness- how about the part - that says - - if you commit an terroristic act -(terrorist acts is defined as any one that brecks any state or federial law- - mygoodness - - if you run a stop sign you are a terrorist- ) -you can be taken out and exicuted(check- out alex jones video - police sate 3 and 911 road to tyranny) - does this sound like america to you?- - how about the fema (commando) instructor- - in those video;s- that was instructing police and fireman in kassas city - - that is ramping and raging to his students- that christans are terrorist- that george washington,tom jefferson and the rest of our fore fathers were terrorist- - and if 10000 christians get blowed up in an attack - - quote - - then that is just to bad for them- - do you think that he would be doing that if he did not have a green light from the white house?- - bush(hitler) likes to try to suck in the chriatians when he try;s to talk like one- - - and he has suceeded with a lot of weak minded ones(i pray they see the light before it is too late)
i could go on but you get the pic.- - - it looks like you have some work to do ./ my friend- - i will see how you sing your song a couple of month from now- - i will have my eyes on you - - the quests you ask sound mighty suspicious to me.
spiritwolf

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Bush doesn't require redemption. If anyone dislikes him so much as to think that he does, then perhaps they'd be better off moving to another country along with all the other liberal whiners that are promising to relocate. Let me know when you're leaving, so that I can see you off at the airport and wish you a fond farewell....

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The only way Bush could redeem himself in my eyes is if him and his cronies came forward and told us the truth on all that has gone on since he was appointed...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SgtNFury
Bush doesn't require redemption. If anyone dislikes him so much as to think that he does, then perhaps they'd be better off moving to another country along with all the other liberal whiners that are promising to relocate. Let me know when you're leaving, so that I can see you off at the airport and wish you a fond farewell....

oh jeez...

just because people dont like Bush they should be deported??

better go polish your jack boots there Sgt. Slaughter...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
For all the gloating about America being so above the rest, particularly from Republicans, I am amazed at the level of devision in your country. Not only are you openly hostile against the world community who may dislike the Bush admin, but you are equally as hostile against your own countrymen. I get the feeling that you enjoy this and wouldn't have it any other way. Apart from a few posts, I see absolutely no desire for your citizens to be unconditionally unified.

It's funny when you look at it. Either you're American, or you're not. Either you're Republican, or you're not. Either you're Christian, or you're not. All the way down the line. I'm sure there are even further divisions from there: catholic, anglican etc.

I figure you just love to hate.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
As an American, living in America, who loved the old America...I am starting to hate America.

Yeah, that's right. I hate what America has become, and I hope for an attack on our soil, because I really believe we need to be knocked down a peg or two.

And for all the people telling all us non Christian, non-Republican people to get the hell out...no problem, but I am not finished taking advantage of this place...I'll be out soon.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
I get the feeling that you enjoy this and wouldn't have it any other way. Apart from a few posts, I see absolutely no desire for your citizens to be unconditionally unified.
I figure you just love to hate.

Not really we just love to squabble

America will NEVER be unified in the manner of some countries we are too big and have to much diversity to. That doesnt mean we dont stick togather when we have to.To someone not from here it looks worse than it is. I am not saying we arent divided but if I remember it was worse in the sixties than now.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
Yeah, that's right. I hate what America has become, and I hope for an attack on our soil, because I really believe we need to be knocked down a peg or two.

hmm we were ALREADY attacked on our soil..

and it didnt knock us down a peg did it?

It just made us stronger. And pissed us off.

So keep hoping there, pal.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by __rich__]

[edit on 7-11-2004 by __rich__]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join