Water Solar Systems.

page: 1

join

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Pondering life and what if's as I skip exercise this morning to peruse ATS thanks to the very rainy early morning and the thought that stuck with me this morning to share is:

Space.com

Could we ever hit a "Water-World eat your heart out event?" The universe is so vast and we so itty bitty and all, so off the top of my head I'd say sure, but not in this lifetime. Does this seem possible to you?
So much undiscovered phenomenons though! We could hit a mini solar ocean that went undetected in this time and we wouldn't be aware till we all preparing to sleep with the fishes. Just one tiny sploosh (on a cosmic scale) and all the dirt, scum and villany finally washed away from this insecure, paranoid and delusional society.

On another note, if vast amounts of water are out there, it opens doors for me to wonder such things as: Could something of the nature of all this water harbour life with in it? Could the same type of phenomenon happen with a large mass of solid material?

Is the blackhole ejecting it? Sucking it in? Creating it? Unknown phenomenon doing something else?!

What if it freezes and expands larger? What if the already frozen center (I'm guessing it must be frozen someplace in it) of it thaws and this process happens again and again constantly, blink after blink in the universal time frame and it eventually (a very long eventually) reaches us from the expansion of the melting ice? Water Solar system!??!

I can't fathom the secrets this thing contains....
edit on 27-5-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
wouldnt that put the sun out?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Do you really need to ask?!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

It seems possible if you visualize massive hydrogen oxygen based clouds floating then mixing with all the debris within the original clouds forming within it as they mix...

Interesting OP
as 1 was thinking what if stars ejected solid materials

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This is almost on the same thought process as I've been having lately..... What if there is a planet out there where there is no such thing as sea level and the whole planet is an in between of air and water... Fish and land animals all living in the same atmosphere???

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thanks for the reply I viewed it with great interest and did a search on the nature of what you were talking about and I found this:

Nat. Geo.

Maybe not quite solid but if that is possible... what is to stop it from raining its composition out?! Raining gold?! I am mad that I want that to happen here aren't I?! I can see the light! It's golden!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by memedoug

What if there is a gigantic bubble world where the animals you speak of exist!?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

To be honest, if it was out there and we found it, there wouldn't really be much we could do about it... Would it realistically change the way I live my life? Probably not

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by memedoug

You mean you wouldn't go drastically change your life by buying a submarine?! Shame on a man!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You might enjoy this book by Larry Niven:

The Integral Trees

Imagine living in space, in a area of atmosphere around a star with plants and animals that developed with: no planet at all.

Very interesting concept.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil
On another note, if vast amounts of water are out there, it opens doors for me to wonder such things as: Could something of the nature of all this water harbour life with in it? Could the same type of phenomenon happen with a large mass of solid material?
What we've observed so far is, where there's water, there's life. And where there's no water, there's either no life or life is dormant, though there may be exceptions.

The exciting possibility that some bodies in our solar system have water which may harbor life is certainly intriguing to NASA, who look for life on Mars and have talked about how to look for life under the ice of Jupiter's moon Europa:

Europa Jupiter System Mission

Europa is a fascinating place with an ocean that might be only tens of kilometers below the surface and they communicate actively with the surface through eruptions, through icy convection -- blobs of warm ice moving up to the surface through cracking, the breaking of the ice.

So there could be signs on the surface of what's going on deep down below the surface.

So what we can do with a spacecraft in orbit around Europa is measure how Europa flexes, as it's stretched by Jupiter's gravity. That tells us something very specific about how stiff that ice shell is, and by how stiff it is, we can get a measure of its thickness.

Europa is a maybe rarer example of an ocean in contact with a rocky mantle. Ganymede actually might be a more common example of an ocean where it's an ocean sandwich; ice above and below. Callisto, a relatively dead world, has not the level of activity that Europa and Ganymede have, yet we think that Çallisto has an ocean beneath its surface.

It's not out of the question that if there are liquid water oceans down there and there's heat and there's energy, that there could possibly be life.
If Ganymede really is an ocean sandwich with ice above and ice below, how much more water world can you get? Sounds like it might be mostly water, though some of it not in the liquid state. These moons of Jupiter might be good places to look for life as NASA suggests.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

That does interest me and I think about it all the time. Additionally I think about all the time how we could be the water species of the universe and that their could be all kinds of species of the various elements. Energy species, earthen specis, etc....

Thanks for a great post!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Ya I've totally harked info like that to it's full content!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Look like a quasar with a retread tire or thats the ice crystals.
Must be black light or just light blockage from the frozen water.
Ed: they did say water vapor
[The astronomers used two different telescopes, one in Hawaii and
one in California, to detect and confirm the water vapor surrounding
the quasar.]

it was a surprise:
[That may be because much of the Milky Way's water is locked
up in ice rather than vapor.]
edit on 5/30/2013 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I had this same thought before, the concept really interested me. As in a vast cloud of frozen water chunks and particles just floating out in space and we just pass through it, this ice would theoretically be trapped in our atmosphere and thus add immense amounts of water to our our planet and be forever caught in the water cycle.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

Yeah from the description, this sounds alot more like walking into a really cold sauna, rather than slamming into a lake in 0g.

top topics

join