It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: 20 U.S. Soldiers Wounded in Ramadi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
At least 20 American soldiers have been wounded in Ramadi. The U.S. military has indicated that they were performing �security operations� .

story.news.yahoo.com
SAMARRA, Iraq - Twenty American soldiers were wounded Saturday "while conducting security operations" in the insurgent stronghold of Ramadi west of Baghdad, the U.S. military said. Also, insurgents set off at least two car bombs and attacked a police station in the central Iraqi town of Samarra, killing at least 21 people and injuring 22 others, according to police and health officials.

A statement by the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force did not say precisely how and when the U.S. soldiers were injured or describe their condition, citing security.

Residents reported a mortar attack early Saturday on a U.S. installation in the Ramadi area, as well as scattered clashes throughout the day as U.S. troops conducted security sweeps in the city, 70 miles west of Baghdad.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The soldiers were from the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force. It is unclear at this time exactly how they were injured. A statement issued by the Marines did not go into specifics citing security reasons

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
We're just getting started. I predict November will be the bloodiest month of the entire Invasion/Occupation for both sides.

This weekend alone should rack up some incredible numbers.

FREEDOM IS ON THE MARCH!!

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I hope sincerely that your wrong about November, but in reality, we all know that things are going to get much worse.

Its a part of life that that we have to accept is going to happen and we have no controll over what happens. We have to sit back and keep our fingers crossed that all will be fine and the troops will come out of this ok.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   

At 12:20 a.m., Nov. 6, a U.S. Air Force aircraft, supporting a U.S. Marine Corps element, destroyed three barricaded fighting positions.

www.centcom.mil...

12.20am...nice and dark, so say hi to a spectre or spooky.

Btw, does anyone know what phase the moon is in over Iraq?
Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It's not the troops fault, and you can't really blame the Iraqi's for being skeptical and leading a resistance movement against the coalition when you read about the history of the Iraqi people all the way 4000 years back.

Babylon to Iraq has been the constant target of Imperialism by damn near everyone on the planet.

Now the foreign fighters in Iraq are capitalizing on the situation and they should be expelled, but you cannot blame the Iraqi resistance.

If I was there, I'd be fighting the occupation, too. And if something like this every happened to Turkey, I'd be fighting there, as well.

Or in America, I'd be fighting all the way.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I find it interesting that the insurgents are launching this classic spoiling attack in Ramadi just as the coalition is massing against Fallujah. It argues for a certain level of coordination and operational skill on the insurgent side.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
An interesting fact about wounded soldiers in Iraq. If a soldier gets wounded, and is flown to Germany or somewhere else for surgery, and dies, it is not counted in the combat deaths in Iraq.

So who knows what the number of deaths really are, and what a disservice to to our men and women in uniform.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Dr,

It only takes one or two funtioning brain cells to do. The US, Braitain and Iraqy government has been announcing an attack for a while now, logic dictates go some where else and murder people.

new topics

top topics

join