It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don'tcha just hate it when.... :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Where I live, the nearest town is still a good fifteen minutes drive each way. As a result I tend to plan trips fairly well, basically trying to get everything in so I don't have to waste fuel on multiple trips.

For some reason tonight however, I didn't follow my rule not only once, but three times. Three times.

First I went home after work to pick up a computer I had been working on for a friend as I forgot it when I went into work.

Trip 1.

I then had to go back into town to drop off the computer and pick up a fish tank. Not doing too badly so far.
I then drove all the way home after picking up my eldest daughter in town, got home and realised I didn't have any bread or fruit left for school lunches tomorrow, something I was planning to do whilst in town.

Trip 2.

So, pack everyone up in the car again, turn around and go back into town to the local supermarket. Wander in, grab said items and something for dinner while there, get to the checkout, go for the back pocket....

No wallet. GRRRR...

So, turn around again, head all the way home, go inside, to some reason find my wallet sitting on the computer table. For the life of me I can't figure out why I took that one item out of my clothes, when I left keys, phone, etc on me. So drive all the way back into town again.

Trip 3.

So finally get back to the supermarket, just as it's closing, pay for my stuff and return home for the third time tonight, after over an hour of running back and forth between town and home.

And to top it off it's too dark to even take the fish tank out of the car so I'll have to lug it back into town tomorrow to work again.

OK, i've shared my evening of abject self-effacing idiocy ATS.

Your turn... Don'tcha hate it when???

edit on 27/5/2013 by 74Templar because: spelling

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
LOL sounds like a day in my life

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Yikes!

Yeah, I would hate it when that happens too!

I kind of go through the same thing with my job. When people move out of apartments I have to clean them, and I am always forgetting something somewhere. It is a large apartment complex so I end up going back and forth between cleaning closet and apartment because I forget glass cleaner, then I forget a scrub brush, or toilet brush or shower curtain or paint brush or or or or..... Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a large complex covering two buildings...lol

I can relate!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It takes me an hour and a half just to get to work everyday so it would make things a lot more difficult for me

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
When people who claim to be your friends call you names because you unfriended them on facebook, then suggest you're an idiot when you retaliate.

When these people, with whom my fiance was living with up until yesterday because he and I are in a tight spot and are still looking for a place to live, threaten to kick my fiance out onto the streets because I called one of them "spoiled."

These disgusting girls, who grope one another, call each other the worst names in the book as a simple greeting (and me as well, even though I asked them not to), who swing with other couples, partake in orgies as an ordinary night out with friends, and then wallow in their own sin and self pity wondering why they're so miserable... then have the nerve to disown and condemn me for not leaping down to their level of worthlessness.

Short version; I hate when disgusting, worthless people have the nerve to suggest that they're better than me.

I hate it when that happens, and I've never been more grateful for anything in my life than I am now, to know that they're finally out of my life forever.

EDIT; Sorry, forgot to mention; S&F. Venting threads always get a star and flag from me.

You can imagine why.

edit on 27-5-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I am laughing with you! I am a planner too. I make lists, to do lists, and I still forget items! How does that happen?

When I was in nursing school, one of my instructors gave me a patient at one end of the long hall in full skeletal traction. unable to move essentially and in pain. At the other end of the hall my other patient, in isolation with not one, but two knee replacements at once, gown,mask, footies each and every time i entered the room for any reason. Needless to say she was also in pain and needed help for everything. Organize or die!!

I hate it when I loose things. Put something some where, tell myself to remember where, and dang if I can't remember when the time comes. I do this most often with paperwork. My car title for example, where did I put that thing?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

For a minute there, I thought I'd written that little rant... ...and was beginning to worry that I might be losing it.

That sounds so much like my normal day to day life... Went to do laundry the other day... Down five flights of stairs to the laundry room...ooops, forgot the laundry detergent and the fabric softener... Upstairs. Downstairs. Forgot the quarters... Upstairs. Downstairs. Back upstairs... Forgot to turn the washing machines on...Bleeep.
Downstairs with a book, 'cause I ain't doin' those damned stairs until laundry is done.

I hate it when...

new topics

top topics

join