It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to be a caring supporter for your wife

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Originally posted by KyrieEleison
reply to post by InTheLight

I want to get one of those Dyson contraptions.

They are neat but man are they expensive...

I've got one

Well worth the money, the first time I Ahem I mean the wife had to empty it 3 times.

InTheLight

Thank you I'll be sure to show that most informative to Mrs C as soon as she has finished massaging my feet after a gruelling day in the pub.

Jeez she was ugly

Cody

Now see, that's why we women lose our girlish looks early due to slavery in and out of the home.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyrieEleison

There might be ... however I am always worried about cheap knock-offs that only go as far as making it look like the real deal without any of the internal engineering works to back it up.

In that case it's no better than buying a fake designer bag off the street.

Well, from Cody's recommendation, I'd say that would be true in this case. Hopefully, the price will come down eventually.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
True story:

I went with my cousin to visit his buddy.
We were in his garage having a beer while his wife was outside chopping wood for hie ice fishing shack.
She put down the axe and said that her back was getting sore so she was quitting.
He replied "That's OK honey, you can go in the house and vacuum until your back feels better"

She did not freak out, she laughed and told him he was so cute when he was showing off for his little friends.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
'Nuther true story:

As part of my program of gentle reminders, I've been reading this thread to my missus. It's my duty to do so - she can't very well read it and pay attention at the same time she is dusting and whatnot!

SO - a few minutes ago, she says she's going to make some coffee. I asked what on Earth for, and she said - no lie - "well, my coffee cup isn't going to fill itself!"

I think she's grown and shown progress! thanks Cody for the helpful tips!

PS - don't tell her I posted this. She has a broom, and I'm confident she knows how to use it!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Always a pleasure to help a fellow member

And good to see such progress

I'm just waiting for Mrs C to wake up so she can make me my second coffee,the one she made last night for my waking has gone cold overnight.

Cody

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Underneath all the jokes and giggles in this thread, there are ways you can be a caring supporter to your wife.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

It's from FOX so it's all LIES!

Seriously, though - some of the tips are helpful, another one they left out would be to tear down the division of labor in the household.

"Hey honey - I need some help with (doing the dishes, cleaning the bathroom, folding the laundry, etc. etc.) would you mind lending me a hand?"

"No, I'm busy with blah blah blah..."

"I can help you get that done, and after would you help me with this?"

Sometimes all it takes is to get something started, too, and the other will come around without even asking.

For example, when it's getting close to dinner time, I'll usually initiate it by getting stuff set up in the kitchen. It never fails, once I get things going, she will ask me if there's something she can help with. So, I'll let her help by cleaning veggies, or getting the table set and ready, or looking up/measuring out ingredients for a recipe - it becomes a team effort and (most of the time) we horse around with each other and have fun with it, too.

There are times, such as on the weekends, where I break my own rules by getting up early and fixing homemade biscuits & gravy or a tasty skillet with bacon, and by the time I'm half way done she's already awake from the odors wafting to the bedroom
and joins me to make coffee, mix juice, or anything else that needs to be done.

I just ... I can't stand the idea of just sitting in the La-Z-Boy (aptly named) as if I am some pampered little dandy on a throne waiting for her to bring me the paper, feed me grapes, and fan me. I'm not Pharaoh. Besides, cooking is a skill and it requires practice.

I'm sure most of us are familiar with the concept of "sexual tension" in the workplace. Well, why do you think that exists? People who work closely with one another and share the load seem to have a tendency to grow a fondness for one another - is it really such a surprise? To me, it's better to draw from these experiences and learn from them, and if nothing else comes from it at the very least you've earned her respect.

Apologies for derailing - continue with the jokes.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
All jokes aside

Mrs C has a massive workload tonight

I'm cooking, doing the dishes and giving the foot/back rubs

Running her a bath and lighting the candles, I'll put some soothing music on that she likes as she relaxes ( I'll be rocking it up to my Ipod through the head phones.)

And then just before we go to bed I'll ask her for a dance and thank her for, well just being her.

Don't tell anyone

Cody

edit on 4/6/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Watching my hubby cook is a big turn on.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Well, since we're being honest for the moment, we've got an agreed to division of labor. The front door divides it - what's outside is mine to deal with, what's inside is hers to handle.

Now, when no one is looking (especially the missus!) I'm not beyond doing little things in the house like sweeping or making the bed and whatnot. What can I say? I get bored. Nor am I beyond the occasional doling out of a foot rub or a back rub or what have you, but those are pretty tough to sneak in when she's not looking - every now and then she'll notice one, and I'm busted.

She draws the line at the kitchen - it's literally No Man's Land. I can't say that bothers me much. I cooked so much growing up that I got the embarrassing nickname of "Gertrude". I don't much care if I never see the inside of another kitchen - and those wooden spoons HURT when you get whacked with one!

as far as the Lay-Z-Boy goes, I don't have one. Mine mysteriously caught fire. I suppose I could sit in the ash heap, but that just means I'd eventually have to do some laundry, too.

A man has to know his limits!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There are no exclusions here for outside, either.

While I mow the back, you can rake up the clippings, and while you mow the front, I'll rake up the clippings.

You clean one set of gutters, I'll clean the next.

Washing the vehicles - if you do not do this together, you are really missing out on so many opportunities to have fun.

When it comes to things like the garden or flower beds - we'll share the duties of pulling weeds, tilling, and what not but as far as arranging ... well, the more artistic one (her) will plan where stuff goes but there's nothing stopping me from helping with the actual planting.

To each their own, but I'm certainly not doing her any favors by excluding her from performing tasks that any capable human is able to do. When I'm gone what is she going to do then? Just hire someone? Run out and get remarried to someone she may not really care for just to have a laborer to help with the "dirty work"?

Maybe I'm being too practical
but I've also noticed that a person's confidence level rises as their skill set expands. It is hard for me to find a fault with that concept.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
We both work inside and outside...home renovation and/or just upkeep and gardening is a demanding master/mistress.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

Having just spent the last 2 F***ING hours under the bath mending a leak I'm guessing plumbing is my job.

A rather sodden sorry looking Cody

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
We both work inside and outside...home renovation and/or just upkeep and gardening is a demanding master/mistress.

Wanna come over and sort out my sodding bath ?

I'm going back in I may be a while, *Put's on snorkel takes deep breathe* Dive Dive Dive*

Cody *Drip drip*

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Only if you want it to be, my friend.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

Wanna come over and sort out my sodding bath ?

I'm going back in I may be a while, *Put's on snorkel takes deep breathe* Dive Dive Dive*

Cody *Drip drip*

For those pesky leaks, esp. under the bath, we always call in the professionals. Life is too short to spend it cursing.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

I'm still teaching the concept of "Righty tighty Lefty Loosey"

I may just fin God yet

Cody

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Yeah
But worth the kiss at the end, if we had the money, if only we had the money.

Soon though, those years of scrimping and saving for Mrs C's teaching degree are about to pay off.

Cody

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Wow, so you haven't even gotten to things like soldering and teflon tape yet?

Time waits for no (hu)man!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Yeah
But worth the kiss at the end, if we had the money, if only we had the money.

Soon though, those years of scrimping and saving for Mrs C's teaching degree are about to pay off.

Cody

It's worth it...I always hated seeing my hubby get so pi***d off, that I would just say "charge it, let's get a plumber".

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join