It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to be a caring supporter for your wife

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by Rodinus

Always glad to be of help Rod

I guess that we should warn everyone that soon... very S.O.O.N... a very scary thread is coming up...

Go for it my friend, the honour is all yours, I've got your back

Alien contact has been made

Cody

edit on 27/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

I need a couple of days here Cody... i am not sure how i am going to be able to put this across to ATS members...

Some of them, as well as of our friends may be extremely shocked!

I will take tomorrow to think about how i can put this across to people... might even have to create a thread about this extremely touchy subject... what do you think

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
I considered showing this to my wife to show her the similarities of our situations. My wife is also getting a bit older, so I have to constantly remind her that bathrooms don't clean themselves, and if she keeps forgetting I will have her committed for early onset Alzheimer's...

I only considered it for a moment, though... my wife is a redhead

Sometimes there is longevity in silence...

Maybe just leave a few pamphlets lying around about care homes with a couple of quotes for prices.

It may just help those bathrooms 'clean themselves'.

It could also end with a kick in the nuts, placement of said pamphlets could be all important

Cody

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Screwdriver ? That's not what I heard !

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
In my generation, "it's ok..you can do the dishes later honey," is still still uhhhh......yeah well....ok nevermind.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Darkblade71

I take no responsibility for coffee induced psychosis related injuries as a reaction to my thread

Cody

It wasn't the coffee that created the injury so much as it was the coffee cup that shattered against my head that did it when I brought this up as a potential remedy for my constant impatience.

I hardly even noticed the coffee burns in all the resulting blackness.

I guess some wimmens just don't want the easy life that Tricia found! I think perhaps it offends their sense of being able to suffer in silence if we eliminate the suffering part as good ol' Roy did!

edit on 2013/5/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Unfortunately not all women appreciate kindness at first.
May I suggest allowing her to go and buy a new cup after you've kindly pointed out on your return from hospital that the broken cup won't clear itself up

Cody

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Step- one. Stop reading bull# on the internet.
Step-two. Treat her with the respect you shouldhave raised to do. Or learned as an adult.
Step- three. Shut up and listen. Or at least have a vague idea of what she just said.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythots
Step-two. Treat her with the respect you shouldhave raised to do. Or learned as an adult.
Step- three. Shut up and listen. Or at least have a vague idea of what she just said.

Sorry did you say something ?

You do realise this is in the jokes forum don't you

Cody

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythots

She SAID something?

Who gave her permission to speak?

You must run a pretty loose ship around your house!

"Respect" is ok up to a point I suppose, if you're into that sort of kinky thing. Just remember not to turn it into fawning. That will never end well!

Cody, I did point out, gently, that the coffee cup shards were not going to jump into the trash on their own. Now the shards of what used to be a statue on the mantlepiece are not doing pretty much the same thing. I seriously doubt if that hole in the wall will repair itself either. I told her she was allowed to also pick up some sheetrock compound on her way to replace the coffee cup. That was a couple of days ago - the line at the checkout must be pretty long.

I think I'm going to have her redecorate - in foam rubber.

As soon as I get back from the pub. A man has to set his priorities, you know!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Unfortunately not all women appreciate kindness at first.

I think perhaps they just don't recognize kindness, at first. They may be used to those beastly sorts of men who treat them like children by holding doors open for them, seating them at the table, and whatnot. When treated as an adult, with kindness, they don't know how to react to it, I think, and react with a degree of defensiveness, Sometimes ROWDY defensiveness.

If one can maintain his gentle, loving kindness, they will eventually come around and learn to appreciate it.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There's a reason why, statistically speaking, men die at an earlier age than wimmens...

And it ain't from natural causes.

... Just a thought to keep in mind before you go digging into that yummy apple pie she just made for you over the weekend.

*cough*

Edit for typos in all my excitement at jumping in on this crazy fantasy dream you guys are so thoroughly enjoying... Someone with a vagina had to come in here and crash the party.

Wimmens wouldn't be wimmens if we didn't keep you boys on your toes.

edit on 29-5-2013 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

Edit for typos in all my excitement at jumping in on this crazy fantasy dream you guys are so thoroughly enjoying... Someone with a vagina had to come in here and crash the party.

On my toes? On no no NO!

Changing light bulbs is her job, as those are INSIDE the house!

No tippy toe for me!

I DID, however, buy her an extensible pole to change light bulbs with. I think I may be too good to that woman! She looked at me as I handed it to her with love in her eyes - I know this, because it's the same look I got when I handed her the brand new iron on Valentine's day!

Yes, I know, I know - I'm just a hopeless romantic!

edit on 2013/5/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

On my toes? On no no NO!

Changing light bulbs is her job, as those are INSIDE the house!

No tippy toe for me!

I DID, however, buy her an extensible pole to change light bulbs with. I think I may be too good to that woman! She looked at me as I handed it to her with love in her eyes - I know this, because it's the same look I got when I handed her the brand new iron on Valentine's day!

Yes, I know, I know - I'm just a hopeless romantic!

I'm not so sure about the romantic part, but hopeless I'll agree with.

Oh hell, all husbands end up on their tippy toes at some point...

When the wife is dragging them by the earlobe to get some work done off of the "honey-do" list.

But needless to say, she's a lucky lucky gal to have ended up with such a thoughtful loving partner.

Now go get that "honey-do" list finished before I have to resort to giving your wife my very special recipe for cyanide crushed apple seed "I-luv-my-husband" apple pie.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

I think Mrs C tried that in the curry she cooked me last night

Note to self : Gently awaken Mrs C with tea, whilst reminding her that the dishes will stain if not washed up soon.

Cody

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Now go get that "honey-do" list finished before I have to resort to giving your wife my very special recipe for cyanide crushed apple seed "I-luv-my-husband" apple pie.

Trading recipes may have to wait a bit. It's just after 3 am here, going into the third day, and she's still not back from the hardware store.

That must be a VERY long line.

But that's my baby - determination without match!

I do wish she'd hurry - my coffee isn't going to make itself!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Does your neighbour have a wife you could *ahem* borrow for a short while.

It's only to make coffee after all
. Hope that helped

Cody

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

And to her, each gentle reminder is just another "turn" of the "screw"

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyrieEleison
reply to post by cody599

And to her, each gentle reminder is just another "turn" of the "screw"

Oddly enough there isn't much screwing going around here

Note to self
Remind Mrs C later

Cody

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
May I make a few helpful suggestions for all the men here? Nevermind, I'll make them anyway.

Here's my opinion on what women really want and how you all can become better partners.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I'm all for equality, and not just with the housework:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join