It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Woman allegedly arrested for carrying a Union Jack Flag (In Oldham England)

page: 3
8
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dam00
reply to post by lacrimoniousfinale
 





Chief Superintendent Catherine Hankinson said: "Yesterday (Saturday) afternoon, police became aware that a number of people had gathered in Oldham town centre who were shouting and had flags, some of which were provoking passersby.





why is this man never arrested


Because it isn't illegal to show a banner like that providing you behave peacefully whilst doing so.




posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus
 


It isnt Illegal to Carry a Union Jack or an EDL flag for that matter

As far as Im concerned case closed the good old EDL do it again

some good points made in this thread but a lot of you have missed the point

Racist! what does that word actually mean any more ?



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dam00
 


It's a fair point. It's hard to tell what racism is sometimes.


However, I know one thing that isn't racist - flying a Union Jack in Britain.

I also know one this that is racist - flying a Union Jack and using it as a mask of patriotism when hurling racial abuse at other groups.

It's not befitting of our fine flag.



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Posted 10 minutes ago on the GMP Facebook page, a message from someone claiming to be the lady in the video:


first of all ill like the point out this a bunch of lies.. theres even video evidence..
i did have a no more mosque flag attatched onto the back of my flag but where one twitter post by the GMP stated i agreed it was offencive that was lies...
when the demo started to get heated myself and my dad drifted to the back to stay out of it when some man decided to have a pop at me about my flag so my dad told him to go away... a van pulled over 7 coppers jumped out and one grabbed me whilst 4 others surrounded me... he shoved a cuff on my left hand and told me to hand the flag over, when i asked what for he said racial aggrivation, so i tried ringing my boyfriend to tell him to come back.. the slimey copper who was dealing with it tried grabbing it off me and when i wouldnt give it him he tried man handeling it of me and told me if i dont let go im getting arrested... he then pulled the flag of me and my phone and took me to the back of the van...

in the van he told me i was under arrest for racial aggravation.. but then speaking about my pregnancy he told me he didnt want to keep a pregnant woman in a cell over night and if i agreed to hand my flags over he will let me go, so i said well what if i dont he then told me again i will be taken to the police station and arrested.. so i said fine keep em.. he then gave myself and my dad a section 27... my boyfriend came back to see if i was ok and all they did was take his flag of him to...

this copper who i wish i took his number obviously likes to lie... and i think what he did was descracefull.. maybe one day you will deal with the real problem!


This is the link to her own Facebook page.


edit on 27/5/13 by JustMike because: External source quote coding tags added.



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimoniousfinale
 


Good find thanks for sharing



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
LOL, stop being so ridiculous OP. If she were arrested for "carrying the flag", our entire army would be arrested for having flags on their uniforms and our own Queen would have been arrested!

Clearly that's not the whole story. How exactly can you be arrested for carrying the flag of the very country in which you're being arrested in - do you see how ridiculous that is!

By goodness, it's even legal in Britain to wear a Nazi uniform and carry a Swatstika flag as long as it's not to incite hatred etc.

Don't be so ridiculous - please.



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00
 


It is a piece of printed cloth.. If it offends peeps we should be rid of it.. Its a flag.. Nothing to be proud of really... It is a Union Flag not a union jack. How many people have died for that symbol..



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by dam00
 


It is a piece of printed cloth.. If it offends peeps we should be rid of it.. Its a flag.. Nothing to be proud of really... It is a Union Flag not a union jack. How many people have died for that symbol..

From what I've read, it was her banner with "NO MORE MOSQUES" on it that got her the attention from the police. I'm no big fan of increasing the number of mosques myself, when there are plenty of empty christian churches they could be using, but under the circumstances, what she did was the wrong way to try and make her point, if that was indeed the only point she was trying to make.



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer
 


How on Earth can the British flag offend someone in Britain???!! If someone feels offended by the British flag and they're in Britain - they should bl00dy well leave! It's like being offended by the American flag - what nonsense!



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 


Even the banner of "No More Mosques" - that's not even illegal! Surely, it's not! It's not as if she wrote "No More Muslims" or "No More Blacks"; she had "No More Mosques"; she could have easily said "No More Churches", "No More Theatres", "No More Temples"!



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by dam00
 


It is a piece of printed cloth.. If it offends peeps we should be rid of it.. Its a flag.. Nothing to be proud of really... It is a Union Flag not a union jack. How many people have died for that symbol..


Its the people that have died for that symbol why we are proud of it



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by dam00
 


It is a piece of printed cloth.. If it offends peeps we should be rid of it.. Its a flag.. Nothing to be proud of really... It is a Union Flag not a union jack. How many people have died for that symbol..

From what I've read, it was her banner with "NO MORE MOSQUES" on it that got her the attention from the police. I'm no big fan of increasing the number of mosques myself, when there are plenty of empty christian churches they could be using, but under the circumstances, what she did was the wrong way to try and make her point, if that was indeed the only point she was trying to make.


what way would you sugest she made her point, she has every right to peacfull protest in this country
and from what I can gather the only thing she did wrong was express her opinion
as well as freedom of speach we have freedom of expression
both perfectly resonable



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 


Even the banner of "No More Mosques" - that's not even illegal! Surely, it's not! It's not as if she wrote "No More Muslims" or "No More Blacks"; she had "No More Mosques"; she could have easily said "No More Churches", "No More Theatres", "No More Temples"!

Yeah, but, considering there was no planned protest against such a thing occurring that day, under the circumstances, it's pretty clear to see she was just out to do a bit of rabble-rousing. The police nipped it right in the bud, which is as it should be.



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00
 

And you know she was protesting peacefully, how? See, I don't know either, but I've encountered her type often in my 50+ years on this planet, and I can spot a #-stirrer when I see one.



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ivan


Originally posted by lacrimoniousfinale
Posted 10 minutes ago on the GMP Facebook page, a message from someone claiming to be the lady in the video:

first of all ill like the point out this a bunch of lies.. theres even video evidence..
i did have a no more mosque flag attatched onto the back of my flag but where one twitter post by the GMP stated i agreed it was offencive that was lies...
when the demo started to get heated myself and my dad drifted to the back to stay out of it when some man decided to have a pop at me about my flag so my dad told him to go away... a van pulled over 7 coppers jumped out and one grabbed me whilst 4 others surrounded me... he shoved a cuff on my left hand and told me to hand the flag over, when i asked what for he said racial aggrivation, so i tried ringing my boyfriend to tell him to come back.. the slimey copper who was dealing with it tried grabbing it off me and when i wouldnt give it him he tried man handeling it of me and told me if i dont let go im getting arrested... he then pulled the flag of me and my phone and took me to the back of the van...

in the van he told me i was under arrest for racial aggravation.. but then speaking about my pregnancy he told me he didnt want to keep a pregnant woman in a cell over night and if i agreed to hand my flags over he will let me go, so i said well what if i dont he then told me again i will be taken to the police station and arrested.. so i said fine keep em.. he then gave myself and my dad a section 27... my boyfriend came back to see if i was ok and all they did was take his flag of him to...

this copper who i wish i took his number obviously likes to lie... and i think what he did was descracefull.. maybe one day you will deal with the real problem!

This is the link to her own Facebook page.


I believe her, have you ever been to somewhere like Oldham, where a muslim comunity considers itself different to a non muslim community

the media and groups like the EDL dont help but niether do the muslim communities


edit on 27-5-2013 by dam00 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00
 

I live a couple of miles away from the place and have visited it many times during my 40 years in this location. As I'm not afeared of muslims, I don't find it a scary place in the slightest.



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by dam00
 

I live a couple of miles away from the place and have visited it many times during my 40 years in this location. As I'm not afeared of muslims, I don't find it a scary place in the slightest.



Ivan we could do this all night but I really dont want to
Im glad you can mix with muslim communitys like you do and Im glad we can have a difference of opinion and still keep it civil, for that I thank you

I personaly have witnessed a few unpleasant situations between muslims and non muslims and I have my opinions, which I am entitled to have



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00
 

Do you think the few unpleasant situations you've encountered outweigh all the civil interactions between these groups that occur on a daily basis? Their importance to you is apparent, but how representative of reality are your impressions?


edit on 27-5-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens
 


Why should someone leave the country they were born in because they find a flag offensive.. Are you saying that if you are in a system you should have no right to criticise and be offended by that system. That sounds like something I would expect to hear in North Korea.
edit on 27-5-2013 by purplemer because: 707



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00
 





Its the people that have died for that symbol why we are proud of it


Blind patriotism is a method of control. How many millions of civilians have died in the recent wars in the middle easr are you proud of those that killed them. Are you proud of why it was done..?




top topics



 
8
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join