It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman allegedly arrested for carrying a Union Jack Flag (In Oldham England)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This came on my facebook this morning, and I couldnt believe it but according to some friends who live that way it is true

It made me think about this thread
Why are there So Many Radical British Muslims?,

It made me think that this sort of treatment towards the
white British public does not help the situation
why can we not be proud of who we are why can we have nothing exclusive Im not racist but things like this wind me up I worry that some is going to snap soon and the government cant wait

Please watch and share your thoughts (keep it civil please)

My first thread go easy on me
edit on 27-5-2013 by dam00 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2013 by dam00 because: Cant get the vids to work why ?

edit on 27/5/13 by JustMike because: Fixed video link.
Note for OP: when posting, just copy the part of the URL after the "v=" , namely OO6eoF7zooY and click on the VID: YOUTUBE and paste it in & click "OK and it will do the coding for you.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dam00

Your video doesn't exist

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Is this it?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman
reply to post by dam00

Your video doesn't exist

I have added another link to same vid sorry

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Is this it?

Close enough thanks

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Not to mention that the police are actually arresting people for posting anti Islamic things on social media. The UK is a disaster and so many people there seem to embrace being gagged. "It's for the public good, can't have chaps being rude now can we?"

I agree that it's important to have laws barring people from yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded theater, or issuing threats and slandering people. That being said, it really seems the UK is arresting people for thought crime at this point.

I despise Neo-Nazis and the Westboro Baptist Church, but I completely support them being able to speak their filth freely. It's yet another concession we have to make to be able to speak freely ourselves.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
yeah see this on a lot of sites but all seems based on somebody loading a video up and 'guessing' as to why she was arrested.

Does anybody have a link that shows this is actually what she was arrested for as i very much doubt that will be the reason.

link   
reply to post by dam00

I can't say exactly what happened here but there was an asian man on the video that seemed to be pointing at the woman with the flag and was taken to one side when the police got there. Maybe she was doing more than just carrying the flag?

Obviously no-one should be arrested for carrying a flag alone but I don't think we know the whole story here.

link   
reply to post by dam00

I'm at work, so I can't see the video right now. Is it possible to get some more information?

Like:
On what grounds were she arrested? - I didn't know it was illegal to carry a flag in England.
Is it possible she was arrested for some other reason? - and just happened to have a flag on her while it happened.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Not to mention that the police are actually arresting people for posting anti Islamic things on social media. The UK is a disaster and so many people there seem to embrace being gagged. "It's for the public good, can't have chaps being rude now can we?"

I agree that it's important to have laws barring people from yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded theater, or issuing threats and slandering people. That being said, it really seems the UK is arresting people for thought crime at this point.

I despise Neo-Nazis and the Westboro Baptist Church, but I completely support them being able to speak their filth freely. It's yet another concession we have to make to be able to speak freely ourselves.

I think posting vile comments about anyone on the internet is just stupid sure people are enntitled to there opinions even if nobody agrees with them but there is no need to post it all over its just rude

I can understand the police monitoring things like EDL pages as these drunken "lets go burn a mosque" Ideas are idiotic esspecialy as all they do is get caught and cause more division
but being offended by a countrys flag if its the country your living in or even just visiting get a grip and the police should be spending there time on real crimes I feel ill and am almost ashamed of my country

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
No evidence to support the original claim = no credibility until we see proof.
edit on 27/5/13 by Sankari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
No evidence to support the original claim = no credibility until we see proof.
edit on 27/5/13 by Sankari because: (no reason given)

I can see what your saying and can see your point, What sort of evidence would you like as there is no mention of this in MSM Im still checking local news sites

all I can find is three videos two stating she was pregnant, one of the videos I see shows what looks like a man (could be asian could also be hand cuffed)

so your right it is still debatable as to what happend
thanks for your input

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Well if it was illegal they would have to arrest an awful lot of sports fans as every event has stands full of supporters supporting their national team/s - remember the Olympics last year, jubilee celebrations etc

The union flag was flying everywhere and is on t-shirts, boxer shorts,scarfs...........

Walk down any high street and you will probably see at least one person sporting the union flag on an item of clothing amongst many other national flags.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dam00

Don't think she is pregnant - she just looks like she has had a bit to much fish and chips.
Doesn't really change anything either way - if you do something illegal, you should be arrested, pregnant or not. Would only have been important if they used force on her, which doesn't seem to be the case.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dam00
What sort of evidence would you like

Details of the court case, direct from the court. Several independent reports from independent media, preferably including an interview with the arresting officer and the alleged offender.

Just to be getting on with.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dam00

I think posting vile comments about anyone on the internet is just stupid sure people are enntitled to there opinions even if nobody agrees with them but there is no need to post it all over its just rude

I don't think there should be a law against being rude. I think it's a slippery slope. If you're actively threatening someone or slandering them, I do believe that should have legal consequences but my saying I believe a certain person is a jackass should be left alone. It's my belief.

I can understand the police monitoring things like EDL pages as these drunken "lets go burn a mosque" Ideas are idiotic esspecialy as all they do is get caught and cause more division
but being offended by a countrys flag if its the country your living in or even just visiting get a grip and the police should be spending there time on real crimes I feel ill and am almost ashamed of my country

I think there is a huge difference between someone saying "It's time to burn down the mosques" and "Hey guys, meet me at the corner of Mary Poppins Street and 1st, we are burning that mosque down! Sir Tremble Bowels the 5th is bringing the gas, and I know McMatches has a lighter!"

It's my personal belief that you can be as insulting as you wish, as long as you're not threatening. If I decided to walk into Harlem wearing a sandwich board that said I hate N-words (mind I respect ATS and realize certain words are not accepted here) that is my right, and anyone who attacked me should be arrested. Yes in this scenario I was being a jackass, and clearly an idiot, but that doesn't give people the right to assault me. So at the same time, being a racist on Twitter in the UK should not be grounds for arresting someone for provoking violence. Words are not an excuse for violence. A clear call for violence is a different matter, but it seems if you're sipping tea you can't even voice an opinion.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I reckon the near by Asians were kickin off over the flag and she was arrested under the "Public Disorder Act", or "Breach of the Peace"....Pigs can arrest anybody for any reason under those titles.

What the fek ever happened to freedom of speech?

People arrested over what they post on Facebook/Twitter?!?!

It was my understanding you could say WHAT EVER you wanted as long as it was NOT threatening.
(Those Muslim marchers get away will all sorts though)

I'd love to see them arrest me over BS - I'd take it above and beyond their heads.

I skipped Gay Pride this year too - they wanted £12 for us to walk down a public street.

If I hadn't of made other plans I would have walked straight passed them and cited the relevant God damn law to em.

I'll certainly organise something in time for next years Gay Pride.
edit on 27-5-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Yes that's why she was arrested, not for spouting racist, islamaphobic bile at people in the street.
Your title and subsequent OP are absolutely insane, as if she was arrested for carrying a flag?I really hope nobody believes this utter twaddle.

I'm sure the Asian chap in the video was harassed by this 'lady'

This is just more propaganda, more lies, more fuel for the fire.
Take your hatred elsewhere please, i'm sure ats isn't the place for this.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by dam00
What sort of evidence would you like

Details of the court case, direct from the court. Several independent reports from independent media, preferably including an interview with the arresting officer and the alleged offender.

Just to be getting on with.

Dont hold your breath will you (It only happend yesterday)

I have been thinking about this truth and proof thing and I am wondering if the asians thought the flag was racist
if so and they had said to the police officer the lady was being racist she would probably have been arrested as a precaution the fact she was carrying a flag probably enforced there suspicions
just my thoughts on it all

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stargatetravels
Yes that's why she was arrested, not for spouting racist, islamaphobic bile at people in the street.
Your title and subsequent OP are absolutely insane, as if she was arrested for carrying a flag?I really hope nobody believes this utter twaddle.

I'm sure the Asian chap in the video was harassed by this 'lady'

This is just more propaganda, more lies, more fuel for the fire.
Take your hatred elsewhere please, i'm sure ats isn't the place for this.

Jesus Christ - Shallup! LOL

Your making your own presumptions.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join