It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Rancor drawing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hey ATS people,

I have always been an aspiring artist since I was a little kid, but stopped for a couple years after high school.
Long story not important.

But I'm back on the Bike trying to get a feel for my old talents and so I present you with what I think would be
a Rancor from Star Wars that would give Luke a real fight instead of just throwing a rock at a lever bringing down a heavy door. Despicable. Anyway, Here you go!

[IMG=http://imageshack.us/a/img855/9409/rancorofactualdeath.jpg][/IMG]

edit on 27-5-2013 by RothchildRancor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Great job! You should make that your avatar/background image.
edit on 27-5-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Id love to bbq one of those looks lean.
Some open pit and its on the beers will flow.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

You'd have to defeat it first!
Plus drain the blood as it is very poisonous.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual
Great job! You should make that your avatar/background image.
edit on 27-5-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

I don't know how.
I am very new to this website.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RothchildRancor

Click "Tools", "ATS Uploads", "Select Image File", then find the file chose it to upload.
The image will show up, unless something went wrong, on the ATS Uploads page. Click it and choose either avatar or background on the page that comes up. When you click either avatar or background it should bring you to your profile page and from there you need to click "submit" below the link to what you want the avatar or background to be. It should work then.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
[/quotOh my...big sreen

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
btw Sweet Rancor!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I second that...I'm still staring....feeling a little uneasy

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Always good to know...thanks.By the way,your avatar reminds me of an old movie where there was tall bat like things that grabbed humans and sucked them clean and dropped the bones.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hi what did you draw it with?

Is it pencils?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
made it into a background for you

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Always good to know...thanks.By the way,your avatar reminds me of an old movie where there was tall bat like things that grabbed humans and sucked them clean and dropped the bones.

Yeah that's Beastmaster!

Awesome movie. The woman in that movie is not only 80s beautiful, but timelessly beautiful!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Hi what did you draw it with?

Is it pencils?

Colored Pencils.

First time I've used them.
Learned a lot from just practicing and watching tutorial youtube videos!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
That's some pretty impressive artwork.

Very nice job.

I love the colors.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Very nice!

I really enjoy your art work. I hope you share more!

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

If you can, switch to PrismaColor pencils, as they'll allow for more blending, but still an impressive job, especially if with regular color pencils. You have a nice eye for shading too, which is a tough thing to master.

Pick up an Ebony pencil too, and you'll find your pencil drawings can go much farther (gives you nice black, blacks). If you aren't already, use a kneaded rubber eraser (it is almost like silly putty). It erases just the pencil, not your paper. You may already know all this, but didn't see it mentioned. You can get all of it at Michaels or some other craft or art store.

I recently gave some of this stuff to my stepson (a budding artist), and he was amazed at how much better his stuff was coming out.

edit on 30-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

If you can, switch to PrismaColor pencils, as they'll allow for more blending, but still an impressive job, especially if with regular color pencils. You have a nice eye for shading too, which is a tough thing to master.

Pick up an Ebony pencil too, and you'll find your pencil drawings can go much farther (gives you nice black, blacks). If you aren't already, use a kneaded rubber eraser (it is almost like silly putty). It erases just the pencil, not your paper. You may already know all this, but didn't see it mentioned. You can get all of it at Michaels or some other craft or art store.

I recently gave some of this stuff to my stepson (a budding artist), and he was amazed at how much better his stuff was coming out.

edit on 30-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

I totally agree!

Unfortunately I am working with scraps I can barely afford food with my current situation let alone art supplies.

I would encourage him to the best of your ability because my dad was the only one to encourage me and he was a hero to me because of that.
Your stepson will be better than me by the time he graduates high school if he keeps at it!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

top topics

join