It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War III

page: 33
<< 30  31  32   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

MortlitantiFMMJ
reply to post by GargIndia

I don't think Taiwan is necessarily in the pocket, although they have become more nullified. But it shows the current limitations of Chinas military that they couldn't be confident of taking Taiwan, an island in their own back garden, if it came down to it.

The US always keeps Taiwans tech just above China's so they can stop an invasion but, not enough that they can go after China either. That way facing a good chance at failure invading Taiwan, China is not tempted and Taiwan is not capable of starting trouble with China because they are not sure of a win. It is an interesting balance.
edit on 12-11-2013 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

MrSpad

MortlitantiFMMJ
reply to post by GargIndia

I don't think Taiwan is necessarily in the pocket, although they have become more nullified. But it shows the current limitations of Chinas military that they couldn't be confident of taking Taiwan, an island in their own back garden, if it came down to it.

The US always keeps Taiwans tech just above China's so they can stop an invasion but, not enough that they can go after China either. That way facing a good chance at failure invading Taiwan, China is not tempted and Taiwan is not capable of starting trouble with China because they are not sure of a win. It is an interesting balance.
edit on 12-11-2013 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

Please show me how, I want to see no less than 500 F-15C's WITH The AN/APG-63 V3 (AESA) Radars, 500 F-16 Block 52's/or 60's WITH The AN/APG-80 SABR (AESA Radas) then your talking, other than that, the U.S. Gpv/Mil does NOT, I REPEAT DOES NOT give Taiwan ANY tech that would help them keep China from taking over.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Taiwan is a very small area compared to China. Taiwan cannot take on China alone, whatever the weapons it has. It will always be at risk of massive casualties from long range artillery/rockets.

Japan/India are different matter altogether. However China has managed to neutralize USA by lending big money. So it feels nothing stands in its way.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Here is some more movement towards WW3

rt.com...

I have to agree with one of the comments, 40 k soldiers is not an exercise it is an Invasion. Is NATO trying to intimidate Russia?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpy

40,000 troops isn't even a respectable invasion of Afghanstan, much less of Russia, especially when most of them never cross an ocean or hostile border. This has more to do with medium to long term preparation for the fact that America cannot maintain a dominant military position globally forever, nor can we continue to provide the lions share of corporate welfare to merchants of death indefinitely.

If the Europeans don't work together to buy lots of expensive useless equipment that makes the world a worse place and get good at deploying and using it, several hundred years of "because we say so" is going to come to a sudden end in the next few decades.

But a real live issue-in-doubt war? There's no money in that so I wouldn't worry.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I will either save the world or destroy it. Which should I choose?

Before you respond know this:

I have warned many none have heeded. Humans are weak (I am evolved) I hold a piece of the tree of life in my hands. The moon is my wife.

Now Tell me, why are humans worth saving? Also, Why should I care?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Amiracle

More to the point, why should we care about your pretentious and delusional rantings?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MortlitantiFMMJ

Don't

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
China expands air defence zone over the disputed islands with Japan

The confrontation between China and Japan in the East China Sea has been building for more than a year and neither side shows any sign of backing down. China's declaration of an air-defence identification zone threatens to expand what has largely been a maritime contest into the air.

In recent weeks, China has flown bombers and a drone close to Japanese territory, prompting Japan to scramble fighter jets. Beijing is now warning that it too could send up fighters if Japanese planes enter the disputed area.

Both sides have been careful to avoid clashes in the area and the contest has so far been largely confined to rhetoric and games of cat and mouse between coastguard vessels. But China's tactic of persistently challenging Japanese sovereignty in the area has proved counter productive as Japan moves to bolster its own military posture.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

I agree with your post. An exercise like this can even expose weakness to the enemy.

There is political re-positioning in the world expecting a declining role of the USA in future. The situation is very unsettled.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MortlitantiFMMJ

And the US responds by flying two B-52s over the islands to defy the new Chinese zone. Reminder of who the top dog is I'd imagine, Japan has also said they'll ignore its existence. Taiwan also claims the islands

top topics

<< 30  31  32   >>

join