It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War III

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by Jalbrook

Not really. China and India are already engaged in border skirmishes of key strategic area. Area that if India loses could enable China to seize Northern India.

News to me. I did not know. When did it happen? Can you point to this news of "skirmishes"?

Plus, the USA might show a hissy fit at the political level, but at the civil level, level of the citizens, most would likely be in favor of China. Due to India's abuse of Hb1-Visa's and the current immigration hostilities, it is highly unlikely American's would support even humanitarian aid for India.

So now we shall have war over H1B. Great logic?
Why not just ask your government to stop H1B altogether? And/or expel H1B holders living in US? Afterall it is your government and will honor your wishes and command?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
"...So America is in a weak position to influence one of the world's most dangerous potential conflicts. If nuclear war is ever to be fought, India and Pakistan are the most likely battlefields. India showed remarkable restraint after the 2008 Mumbai attack. It would find it hard to do so again. Pakistan would lose a conventional war with India, so it might be tempted to use its nuclear arsenal, which it is expanding fast...."

This is from the review of new book from Bruce Riedel, a former CIA analyst.
link to the review from "The Economist" magazine article published in Kashmir Times

www.kashmirtimes.com...

edit on 28-5-2013 by JoeP2247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeP2247
"...So America is in a weak position to influence one of the world's most dangerous potential conflicts. If nuclear war is ever to be fought, India and Pakistan are the most likely battlefields. India showed remarkable restraint after the 2008 Mumbai attack. It would find it hard to do so again. Pakistan would lose a conventional war with India, so it might be tempted to use its nuclear arsenal, which it is expanding fast...."

This is from the review of new book from Bruce Riedel, a former CIA analyst.
link to the review from "The Economist" magazine article published in Kashmir Times

www.kashmirtimes.com...

edit on 28-5-2013 by JoeP2247 because: (no reason given)

My friend it says INDIA and PAKISTAN (not CHINA).

I have been hearing this all my adult life. And that is goddamn thirty years.

Chinese are not as big fools as you think they are.

As things stands today, Pakistan suffers from serious internal problems which makes it weak as an attacker. And of course India can throw three times as much military force at it.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I never said India would fight China - I do say the major conflict will be in that geography. I speculated that an India/Pakistan conflict is one very possible scenario.

They have narrowly averted three small wars in the last 15 years you know.

Joe
www.nationalturk.com...

edit on 28-5-2013 by JoeP2247 because: correction and link

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeP2247

I can assure you that Pakistan will not start a major war with India anytime soon despite nuclear status.

Pakistan has no strategic depth. Any arm-chair general should start with a map. If you have one, the first thing you will notice is that all major Pakistani cities are within 150 km of India border. The most important city of Lahore and Islamabad are within range of unguided rockets.

Even a small amount of military knowledge will tell you that Pakistan CANNOT defend any of its cities from rocket fire. Lahore is within conventional artillery's range.

This makes a major war very expensive for Pakistan.

You should study more the conflict of Kargil. Nawaz Sharif got scared when the death toll mounted and bills mounted. And this was a very localized conflict.

The current leaders in South Asia (Pakistan included) are thoroughly corrupt and serious military planning is beyond their capabilities.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

And what if India moves more aggressively on Kashmir??

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Can you elaborate more on your scenario.

I suspect you do not have much knowledge of South Asia. You just read one article and jumped on ATS.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

Can you elaborate more on your scenario.

I suspect you do not have much knowledge of South Asia. You just read one article and jumped on ATS.

Kashmir is a disputed territory between India and Pakistan. They both claim it and India has a tenuous control of it. I believe about four months ago India advised its citizens (in a news paper) to prepare for nuclear war. I'll find it - here it is www.huffingtonpost.com...

I believe (pure speculation) that the tensions, hatred and equality of strategic (meaning nuclear) abilities make that area ripe for conflict. I am purely speculating about this though.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

There is absolutely nothing new in the linked article.

And let me question your logic - why would Kashmir be the target of a nuclear bomb??

Pakistan has only what we call "strategic" nukes. These have no utility in Kashmir.

Kashmir is mostly Muslim. Why would Pakistan kill its "brothers"?

The target of a nuclear bomb are more likely to be cities like Delhi or army bases. So this article is hogwash.

A serious analyst does not go by "news" articles. You must be able to understand and analyze the situation firsthand.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You talk about "hatred". Maybe this is the reason that Pakistanis love Indian movies and Indian songs so much.

Indian movies are keenly watched all through central Asia. Maybe all these people also hate India.

I can assure you that you have absolutely no idea of real dynamics in South Asia.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Firstly - I surely hope you are right.
Secondly - but the CIA analyst (Bruce Riedel) that wrote that work that The Economist published a few days ago does think the Pakistan/India situation is going to blow.

Besides I am really just speculating - I have no idea if the Pakistan situation will be the catalyst - I do believe that geography is likely where the war starts, assuming my underlying assumptions are correct.

Joe

edit on 28-5-2013 by JoeP2247 because: spelling error

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I do not know about Mr Reidel but I can tell you I have read plenty of such reports for a really LONG time.

The Western view of India/Pakistan situation is color-blind. They cannot see beyond what they want to see.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I sincerely hope you are right.

Joe

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Please focus on Syria.

Syria, Iran and Egypt: These three are key to evolving WWIII scenario.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I really think the entire middle east is a sideshow.
Money to finance war (the fuel of war) really only exists in the US, Japan, China and India.

But it appears you are from India - I have never been there. Do you think Indians hate the Pakistanis enough to go to war - over Kashmir or anything else?

I do know my old business partner from Ceylon hates India enough and people I have known from Pakistan hate India enough to go to war. But you probably know a lot more.

What do you think the situation is there on the India/Pakistan border or Kashmir - how tense is it really?

Thanks - and I really appreciate your input.

Joe

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeP2247
I really think the entire middle east is a sideshow.
Money to finance war (the fuel of war) really only exists in the US, Japan, China and India.

But it appears you are from India - I have never been there. Do you think Indians hate the Pakistanis enough to go to war - over Kashmir or anything else?

Joe

Indians have far more on their plate than to "hate" or even care for Pakistanis. If you bring up this discussion in an intellectual setting in India, you will probably get big yawns.

This "hate" issue is so hyped up and overblown.

It is like I saying that Americans hate Canadians?

Kashmir issue is almost dead. The world has moved on. This is 21st century and not 19th. We have to get over 19th century mindset.

Can we have a war over Kashmir? I shall ask a fundamental question to you if you can answer? How much damage can Pakistan take over Kashmir? A nuclear exchange between India and Pakistan will kill at least 50-60 million people in Pakistan along with an assured destruction of most of its critical infrastructure.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Looks as if the Syrian theater is heading up quite rapidly. Hopefully cooler heads prevail there and Israel doesn't attack the shipment of S-300 SAMs that was just sent by Russia.

If they hold true to their threat, then who knows what the response will be?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If a WW3 were to occur, I predict it occurring in the Middle East; it being a religious 'holy' war of attrition. Let's hope it never gets that far.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I request people to read more about "New World Order" and what it represents.

Americans falsely believe that USA government is in control of their destiny.

Something very sinister is going on behind the scenes. The turn of events will surprise most people. It will be wild beyond people's imagination.

I am trying to help. I am trying to give tips that can save you and your family from the worst.

I hope at least some will see the positive in what I post.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Please note the following:

1. The USA is going towards martial law. This turn of events cannot be prevented now.
2. US citizens will soon live in an environment that they are not used to. Freedom of expression and freedom of movement will be significantly curtailed.
3. The government will create mistrust between people and neighbors will spy and police will harass.

The "West" is in serious financial trouble. Money printing is not a long term solution. Most of major western economies are having serious trade imbalances and budget deficits.

The center of gravity of world's economic engine has decidedly moved to Asia. People forget Asia was bulk of world economy just 200 years before. So this was inevitable. However this is a fact that West is unable to cope with.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join