It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War III

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Image of India as a weak country due to corruption
---------------------------------------------------------------

India has got a lot of press recently regarding corruption in defence procurement. It is an open secret how deal making happens in New Delhi. Knowledgeable people have known such things for a very long time.

It is also open secret that senior military brass of India is very jealous of Politicians, and even Pakistani top brass. India's army is specially stuck in the British period when military service was the most prestigious of the government service, with its related perks.

Pakistan's Army has ruled the country for most of the time, and has entrenched itself not only in power structures but also in the economy. It is estimated that Army's 'side businesses' generate a revenue of more than $20 billion per year, and top generals get a hefty share of profits. No such luck for India's generals.

The recent spate of revelations (due mostly to whistleblowers from USA) have thrown many of India's foreign arms purchases in disarray.

While a foreign observer will see this in negative light, I am elated at this turn of events.

India has a habit of squandering money on stuff not much needed, often the justification being that the "enemy has it, so we must have it too".

India's army has taken a lead in scuttling development of local suppliers. Local procurement passes through very stringent tests while foreign stuff often flies through, and defects are noticed years later.

The military brass often hides behind the incompetence of public sector units which make the equipment. However it has made no effort on its own to develop suppliers that can produce equipment of requisite quality.

While generals blame the defence ministry often, the reality is that both are in cahoots behind the scene. The spoils go far and wide.

This culture of corruption has to be broken, but will happen only under duress. It will not change in good times.

I thank all the whistleblowers sincerely for throwing a light on our very own thiefs.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
India and Pakistan alone have hundreds, may be even thousands nukes. They alone may be enough to make a planetary wide nuclear winter. In anyway a war there will involve China undoubtedly, Japan, others. India is the new superpower that still is unaccounted for.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeP2247
World War III It will most probably start in 2014

It already started. Syria. Everyone is involved. Russia. China. Iran. Egypt. Saudi Arabia. The Muslim Brotherhood. And Obama is going to pull the trigger and dump us in on it all .. without going through congress or talking to the United Nations. He's dragging the UK and France in as well. Syria is World War Three. Literally.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012newstart
India and Pakistan alone have hundreds, may be even thousands nukes. They alone may be enough to make a planetary wide nuclear winter. In anyway a war there will involve China undoubtedly, Japan, others. India is the new superpower that still is unaccounted for.

India is very reluctant to use nuclear weapons. (in fact any weapons).
India has no superpower ambitions.

However I cannot say what circumstances will bring in the future. Every civilization wants to preserve itself. What India is doing is nothing more than that.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Nothing started yet.
If this turns out to be anything significant (to the west) it MAY result in a proxy fight. I really doubt we will see any meaningful exchanges, nuclear or otherwise, so close to the oil reserves. It might spark something though, but not there - something further east of the oil fields.

IMHO

Joe

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hi everyone:

New around here so please let me know if there is a thread about this article I just read?
I checked whatever I could but found no mention of this .
I can't post any new thread so if anyone thinks it worthy: please grab it.

Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria | EUTimes.net

www.eutimes.net...

Thanks.

Later..............................JR

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jravalon

source is Sorcha faal...its not much of a credible source..but Putin can and will do it if he wants to ,..

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Thanks. I just checked out S Faal and his site. It does seem a little strange. Okay, a lot strange.
Guess I'll just wait to see if any reliable source confirms. Doubtful.
Now to check out the EU Times. Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jravalon
Hi everyone:

New around here so please let me know if there is a thread about this article I just read?
I checked whatever I could but found no mention of this .
I can't post any new thread so if anyone thinks it worthy: please grab it.

Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria | EUTimes.net

www.eutimes.net...

Thanks.

Rest assured this is not going to happen.
Russia will stand aside on Syria and Iran, and let US damage itself by attacking.
Russia and China will make a lot of noise but stay aside.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You guys are failing to understand that Russia gains massively from US actions in Syria.

If US action is small, it wont make any difference on the ground. US will look weak and indecisive. This may end up making Assad stronger.

If US action is big, it will hurt US financially at a time when US economy is starting to weaken. Assad can always hide in Iran or Russia while Syria is getting bombed. Iran's IRGC is in Syria and can ensure control on the country during this time.

It is lose-lose for USA.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

i very much doubt the IRGC can stand alone with the FSA , besides if the action is big enough and Assad flees then the Assad regime will be toppled pretty quickly ... Which will end up turning the tables on Russia

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Doubt it. I think a war council is running Syria government, and Assad role is not as significant as the West thinks.

My point is Assad can hide for the duration of the strikes, and emerge back when US action dies down.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Interesting point Garg

Joe

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
OR
Gen MacInernie was right the Spetsnaz DID remove the chems from Iraq before the second tussle and WE are recovering /destroying them.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
the strategic preemptive doctrine of a winable nuclear war requires the attacking side to annihilate 80-90% of the nuclear deterrent of the attacked side in the first minutes. Then follows ultimatum for surrender, to avoid strike on population centers if any retaliation is done. This is a classical scenario. Combination of space, underwater and land based strike groups.

I am not surprised Russia backs off now. Because if Russia decides to strike it could be only preemptive and surprise attack with all available, in minutes. The other is suicide. Will USA therefore strike Russia first? I don't know. MAD works only when you have escalation and clear intent of attack, and enough time for the other side to adequately prepare. MAD doesn't work when we speak of minutes needed for the much more modern weapons, perhaps in space orbit. I don't know who will strike first, who will be the winner if there is a winner and surviver at all. But seems we are that far. Rasputin fixed it to 5 September = 23 August Julian calendar.
www.youtube.com... Tsar bomb, 54 megaton explosion, out of possible 100 mgt. Probably enough to ignite the atmosphere N2 chain reaction?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

It is too early to talk of a nuclear war.

I do not think either Russia or China is going to start a nuclear war over Syria.

Russia understands the low capability and low morale of Syrian Arabs. It takes a professional army to handle complex weapons.

Russia knows that Syria cannot deliver even if the best weapons are supplied to them.

Russians have withdrawn from the theatre. It is up to the Americans now. And I doubt that Americans have any clue.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

MAD works only when both sides have very large number and survivable nukes.
Otherwise it wont work.

Even if a country has nukes, the decision to use is not easy. So we must not think that a war will start with nukes.

Most likely wars will start conventionally and then progress to terror weapons as both sides take losses, and one side decides to take further risk.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
India/Pakistan situation - Nuclear capable missiles
---------------------------------------------------------------

My information is India has deployed only short range missiles near the front. Both ballistic (250km Prithvi) and cruise (300 km Brahmos) are deployed. These missiles are likely to be armed with conventional explosives.

A 2000km range missile can hit Islamabad from Southern India peninsula (where longer range missiles are stored), but will have to pass over Indian terrain for most of the flight.

India prefers missiles to fly over the sea. India does have possession of islands that can be used to launch missiles to Pakistani targets avoiding Indian landmass. However I have not yet seen any movement towards that. India does have the ability to move missiles by air. It would still need pre-positioning of launchers though. I am trying to find more information.

Pakistan claims to have a variety of ballistic/cruise missiles that can hit anywhere in India. It is hard to verify or confirm any information out of this country. My gut feeling is that Pakistan has deployed ballistic missiles that are effective for 600-700 km, and cruise missiles of short range.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
India/Pakistan situation - Air delivered weapons
-----------------------------------------------------------

There is truth to Western commentators view that India's nuclear delivery is based primarily on fighter aircraft.

However that may not be true in case of Pakistan where it is more likely to be ballistic missiles.

That does not mean India's arsenal is not effective. India has souped up some of the aircraft with stealth technology developed locally. The strategies are in place to penetrate Pak airspace to deliver such weapons.

Pakistan faces one more problem - most of its high value installations are in range of highly accurate Indian short range missiles. Even a conventional missile can do a lot of damage in such situation.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
India/Pakistan situation - Air delivered weapons
-----------------------------------------------------------

There is truth to Western commentators view that India's nuclear delivery is based primarily on fighter aircraft.

However that may not be true in case of Pakistan where it is more likely to be ballistic missiles.

That does not mean India's arsenal is not effective. India has souped up some of the aircraft with stealth technology developed locally. The strategies are in place to penetrate Pak airspace to deliver such weapons.

Pakistan faces one more problem - most of its high value installations are in range of highly accurate Indian short range missiles. Even a conventional missile can do a lot of damage in such situation.

India havn't a decent System to delivering Nuke Missiles from the Fighter Jets ..More over we didn't tested yet ..In case of Nuke launch we should use the highly trusted Agni Platforms

Once India Buys Some Popeye Missiles from Israel to testing nuke warheads i it The Platforms are Mirage 2000, MiG 29 and the Su 30 ..but the Program not yet Completed nor Scrapped

I don't Know what's you meant by Locally built Stealth plane .. Do you mean Tejas ..It's a Light aircraft It won't lift Missiles or Bombs more than 1000 Kg

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join