learn more

World War III

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

What do you see happening in the Indian subcontinent ...especially regarding India and Pakistan post 2014 American withdrawal from Afghanistan ...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Given the nukes in Pakistan I would change "China-Burma-India" (early ww2) to China-Pak-India but even that model fails to take into account the growing tensions and prophecied global conflict focused in the middle east.

The Pakistan area was part of British India in the war.
Joe

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I strongly doubt that the US mainland will be hit hard in the WWIII scenario, at least not with missiles. I believe we already have the capability of shooting them down in the air (my educated guess is the we have many weapons systems not known publicly). I think the worst that can happen is with low yield localized detonations from suitcase type nukes and if that happened we would retaliate massively.

This will start with a internal dispute (like a revolution in China) or a regional dispute maybe with India and Pakistan and then grow into world war. The US will never start this nor will Russia and nor will China - we will rather be pulled into it as treaty dealings may be triggered..

The other thing is I strongly doubt much will happen in the middle east with nuclear weapons - it would render the oil fields unusable and I think would be unnecessary.

I would however be quite concerned about this if I lived in the China-Burma-India part of the world. I do think the casualties will be in the hundreds of millions there (that includes Japan and Korea by the way).

Joe
edit on 11-8-2013 by JoeP2247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

There is a possibility of war between India and Pakistan in late 2014 to early 2016 period.

The State of Pakistan will collapse before WWIII. This is the prediction. The State powers of Pakistan Army and landholding elite will collapse as a result of India Pakistan war.

The results of this war will be unexpected as India is considered weak by both USA and China.

Utter chaos will rule in Pakistan post-war and eventually China will march into Pakistan. USA will not come back into this region post its withdrawal.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeP2247
I strongly doubt that the US mainland will be hit hard in the WWIII scenario, at least not with missiles. I believe we already have the capability of shooting them down in the air (my educated guess is the we have many weapons systems not known publicly). I think the worst that can happen is with low yield localized detonations from suitcase type nukes and if that happened we would retaliate massively.

This will start with a internal dispute (like a revolution in China) or a regional dispute maybe with India and Pakistan and then grow into world war. The US will never start this nor will Russia and nor will China - we will rather be pulled into it as treaty dealings may be triggered..

The other thing is I strongly doubt much will happen in the middle east with nuclear weapons - it would render the oil fields unusable and I think would be unnecessary.

I would however be quite concerned about this if I lived in the China-Burma-India part of the world. I do think the casualties will be in the hundreds of millions there (that includes Japan and Korea by the way).

Joe
edit on 11-8-2013 by JoeP2247 because: (no reason given)

World War III will be totally different from earlier WWII and WWI. This war cannot be predicted from earlier models.

You are predicting future based on past trends, as you have no visionary powers.

Your predictions are wrong.

WWIII is not yet set in stone. It can still be avoided. However USA has embarked on a wrong path with the Nixon era has never changed its policies. The USA has been working constantly towards this WWIII which will establish its unchallenged supremacy in the world. This is the reason I am not optimistic towards avoiding this war.

Wars do not always happen due to preset calculations. Wars are often a result of abrupt and random events that upset the calculations. Wars happen in desperation when a side reaches a "use it or lose it" stage.

Pakistan will go to war with India as it is fast reaching this stage. Pakistan has nukes but India's anti-missile capability has started maturing. Pakistan's calculations have been upset due to this fact.

China has made huge progress in cutting edge weapons like lasers, robotic planes and vehicles, and satellite communications that have blunted USA's edge over China. Soon USA will reach that stage where it will know that it cannot win a war with China.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You seem to think that somehow mankind has outgrown such conflicts. I think the Greeks thought something similar after the Peloponnesian war; Rome after they conquered Gaul or certainly as the entire world thought after WWI.

People have not changed. The motives for war have not changed. The only thing that changes are the abilities of the weaponry involved.

History rhymes Garg - it is unfortunately true that today these weapon systems (and that is all a nuke really is) are so terrifying.

PS - didn't you say earlier that Pakistan and India would not go to war?

Joe

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

This is an interesting article:
www.nytimes.com...

Basically saying the US pullout in Afghanistan could trigger events between Pakistan and India. If there right I think it probably will start a world war - and make the US have to go back to Afghanistan.

I would assume virtually every Muslim country would side with Pakistan against the Hindus in India.

It never occurred to me that our pulling out of Afghanistan would have any bearing on Pakistan/India or any other country but it is true that as we continue to pull out tensions go up between India/Pakistan.

What do you make of this Garg?

Joe

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'd think that tensions would arise in say...Syria, and Iran. Israel, who is against the US supplying the rebels decides to invade Syria to put an end to this rebellion. Problem is, it would backfire. Iran would use the invasion as a way to convince the rest of the Islamic world that Israel was trying to conquer them. With propaganda, the US would become a bad guy for siding with Israel, a close ally of the US. Russia would end up siding with Iran. As you can guess, Kim-Jong-Un would've caught wind of this fight, throwing himself on the roster that is Iran and Russia. The United States would be on the edge of a large nuclear war, as Israel, Russia, Syria, Iran, and North Korea all possess some kinds of nuclear weapons. As the US's opposing faction had three nations fighting with themselves, the US would request in the aid of the EU whom had been neutral for the most part. France also holds nuclear weapons. This...Joining of this would officially be the start of WW3. It could end up being like a second Cuban Missile crisis that pulls off...I'm not sure about you, but I'm digging my shelter now.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ajuarez

Finally Mr Obama has the ruse to strike Syria.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...
UN inspector are already in Damascus. It is not difficult for US to bribe UN inspectors. After all US offered a reward of 25 million dollars for Saddam Hussain. Money is no problem.

There is speculation that Clinton offered Pakistani PM Nawaz Sharif 100 million dollars to drop testing of nukes in 1998.

The US clearly has had access to leftover Iraqi chemical weapons which could have been transported to Jordon by US forces, and then sneaked into Syria and used by mercenaries now. But the truth is always hidden, and the fabricated "truth" will come out.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeP2247

This is an interesting article:
www.nytimes.com...

Basically saying the US pullout in Afghanistan could trigger events between Pakistan and India. If there right I think it probably will start a world war - and make the US have to go back to Afghanistan.

I would assume virtually every Muslim country would side with Pakistan against the Hindus in India.

It never occurred to me that our pulling out of Afghanistan would have any bearing on Pakistan/India or any other country but it is true that as we continue to pull out tensions go up between India/Pakistan.

What do you make of this Garg?

Joe

I do not think US pullout and India/Pakistan war are directly related.

There is a feeling in Pakistan elite that India cannot fight a nuclear war. This stems from the fact that India keeps warheads under civilian control, which creates issues with operational readiness.

Pakistan has also received the latest missiles Chinese have, so its confidence has increased manifold. This is on top of significant military assistance from USA in the last 10 years. Pakistan is the real beneficiary of USA's Afghan war, which has injected around 25 billion USD into Pakistan military and economy.

India has seen rather weak central government in the last 9 years. The government is suffering from indecision and inaction.

The next government is also likely to be a weak government. This is happening in a backdrop of increasing turmoil in the world.

The Chinese have developed a lot of new weapons and they need an opportunity to test the goodies. What better way than to engineer an India/Pakistan war.

The Chinese objective is very simple - to humiliate India and to box in India. The Chinese want to move in into Indian ocean where India is a challenger.

Your opinion that "every Muslim country will support Pakistan" is not true. I do not think so. It is a simplistic argument.

The problem with India/Pakistan war is that India is much larger in terms of conventional power. So things may unravel rather quickly in Pakistan if the war does not go their way. A conventional war can very easily turn into a nuclear war.

I do not see India as making a first nuclear strike, but I do not think India will be restrained if attacked. There is a possibility of miscalculation of India's intentions.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My analysis of India/Pakistan situation is the following:

Conventional Power:

1. Pakistan is well placed in Kashmir against India. (This assessment is for a scenario where the Chinese put pressure too on Indian forces, and India cannot redeploy its forces from that border)
2. Pakistan is equally strong as India in Northern Punjab (Pakistan) / India's Punjab.
3. Pakistan is poorly placed against India on rest of the border including sea approaches.

Nukes:

I am willing to give an advantage to Pakistan in missiles, as Pakistan has received latest Chinese missiles.
However India has 'adequate' capacity to hit anywhere in Pakistan using 700 km Agni-1 missile (solid fuelled, operationalized). I do not want to go into undue speculation on warheads (like number and yield etc). Even a handful of nukes striking Pakistan will crush public's confidence in its Army.

India has much larger capacity of taking losses than Pakistan. There is no doubt that India will be hit too. But unlikely India will capitulate or its public will rebel.

I do not see Pakistan's overall situation as good enough for waging a big war with India.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I think Pakistan knows damn well we will back India if they start losing in a conflict with them. If that is true it does make sense that they would increase these skirmishes as the US pulls back out of position to assist India - that all makes sense to me. But the author of that article seems to go one step further and I believe this may be based on Pakistan's new war doctrine that they gamed earlier this year of being able to out maneuver India - to run blitzkrieg type attacks. I referenced that article earlier.

If Pakistan thinks it can win - in Kashmir or any other place - I think they will attack India. I think you are right, by the way, that the US has no business giving them any aid at all. It will be used against India and the US one day.

What will China really do with a potential nuclear war on their border? - for that matter, would Russia be neutral - you know they have disputed interests on the Manchurian border and they are no friend of China historically.

Not to mention the fact that I think China is headed for internal revolt. They could use this to maintain control of their people by uniting in a war against some power.

All in all - I think this war will make strange bedfellows when it comes.

Joe

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeP2247

Pakistan's leadership is prone to making big plans disconnected from reality. The generals also have a habit of lying to their own population and the world.

An example is the conflict of Kargil (1999). The civilian estimate of Pakistan's losses in that war is 3000 men when NLI was routed. However official Pak army figure is 450, a goal seeked figure to match around 550 declared by India. (Pakistan's losses always have to be lower than India to keep up the morale).

The following has to be kept in mind:

1. So far, India/Pakistan wars have been short duration and limited. There have been more losses during 'peacetime' - terrorism etc., than wars.
2. The wars did not affect general public, so most people know what their leaders told them, much of which is made up stories.
3. The size of forces of both countries was relatively small till the last war fought in 1971.
4. There has been a considerable expansion of forces since then, more so by India.
5. The WMDs have introduced a new dimension, that is, it introduced civilians in the war arena. This was not so before.
6. The information revolution has made civilians much more aware of military matters than they were in earlier wars.
7. There are two things Pakistani generals fail to take into calculation -
a. The attitude and reactions of Pakistani masses who are reeling from decades of misrule.
b. The weaknesses in industrial base of Pakistan to sustain a long drawn conflict.

A blitzkrieg by Pakistan into India is delusion. There are many reasons to it:

1. At least half of Indian army is deployed in the operational area close to the border, where the forces can be in the area of action within hours.
2. India's airlift has improved considerably. My estimate is that India can move 100K soldiers by air in a day.
3. Pakistan lacks the size of forces (both men and material) that can give it an overwhelming advantage on any portion of the border.
4. The surveillance capability of India has improved greatly in the last decade.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Let me tell you a secret:

Pakistani Sunnis can never trust the Chinese. The Pakistani/Chinese is a marriage of convenience rather than a marriage of ideology.

I remember very well when I was in Singapore in 1996, when local coworkers told me how similar Chinese are to Indians. I was surprised at their statements.

Chinese have a plan, and it may not match the general's.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Originally posted by GargIndia
My analysis of India/Pakistan situation is the following:

Conventional Power:

1. Pakistan is well placed in Kashmir against India. (This assessment is for a scenario where the Chinese put pressure too on Indian forces, and India cannot redeploy its forces from that border)

Who told you ...India is Strategically Better than Pakistani Presence in LoC ..More over till now BSF gaurd the LoC When Indian Army's Ghataks comes to the unbalanced area they show their actions ..Till Now IA Kills 1 Pakistani Captain and 5 soldiers

2. Pakistan is equally strong as India in Northern Punjab (Pakistan) / India's Punjab.

again we are strategically advanced ..Northern Punjab is under control by BSF Till now no infiltrations

3. Pakistan is poorly placed against India on rest of the border including sea approaches.

then why for first and second lines

Nukes:

I am willing to give an advantage to Pakistan in missiles, as Pakistan has received latest Chinese missiles.

So chinese are Master Piece ..as i see why you don't know about Russian arsenal in Indian Armory

However India has 'adequate' capacity to hit anywhere in Pakistan using 700 km Agni-1 missile (solid fuelled, operationalized). I do not want to go into undue speculation on warheads (like number and yield etc). Even a handful of nukes striking Pakistan will crush public's confidence in its Army.

Launching Nukes is no option..

India has much larger capacity of taking losses than Pakistan. There is no doubt that India will be hit too. But unlikely India will capitulate or its public will rebel.

Before ww3 pakistan collapses into pieces ..Did you know about Baluchistan

I do not see Pakistan's overall situation as good enough for waging a big war with India.

Hmm
edit on 24-8-2013 by SajeevJino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Yes but China INVADED India and you didn't jump on them. Can you in your farthest imagination read AFTER A WEEK Russia penetrated Alaska and maintained an occupation?
They often do sneak in for training(We know it Spetz boys our scouts have you) But the world doesn't hold them up as an incursion.
You can whine about trigger happy Americans all you want but basic aggression IS a qualifier here.

Forget about China they are a flash in the pan and we are going cold war with them as we speak.
And WHY OH WHY has no one spoke of the sacred cow Saudi Arabia? They are next for the arab spring thing aren't they?
The most successfull terrorists supposedly came from there,Osama got all ragged off cause I was there.

edit on 24-8-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Who told you ...India is Strategically Better than Pakistani Presence in LoC ..More over till now BSF gaurd the LoC When Indian Army's Ghataks comes to the unbalanced area they show their actions ..Till Now IA Kills 1 Pakistani Captain and 5 soldiers

Actually its 12-13 soldiers killed in a bunker buster bomb which happened on Aug 14nth , the Pakistan Army has suggested by GargIndia is releasing its causalities periodically and in small numbers .... and they are only going to reveal half of the deaths ...

My source is an Army man on the border
edit on 25-8-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

Yes but China INVADED India and you didn't jump on them. Can you in your farthest imagination read AFTER A WEEK Russia penetrated Alaska and maintained an occupation?

The army was incredibly weak during that time , Nehru who was the PM was afraid that the Indian army will coup the govt. as what happened in Pakistan . He never bothered to provide them with new equipment , he promoted incompetent generals so that they would support him and keep quiet . and not to mention , we were not even expecting an attack from China ...

Even otherwise the war which china was going as planned , it was basically planned retreats until their forces were spread thin , but political interference even intervened in where the troops would retreat to , they were left with little to no possibility of defending themselves terrain wise... The Indian govt. without giving them proper equipment , promoting incompetent generals and constant interference , just led to killing of our soldiers ...

But once they started facing organized and stiff resistance and not to mention their supply lines (pack mules) started becoming thin , they decided to retreat

www.bharat-rakshak.com...

It was certainly a defeat , but a necessary one, a swift slap on the face of these corrupt , incompetent politicians. Can you believe these politicians(Nehru) even said Army was not needed to defend the country..only the "police" was necessary....

This lead to massive re-organization in the army ...was a blessing in disguise...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddy21

Actually its 12-13 soldiers killed in a bunker buster bomb which happened on Aug 14nth , the Pakistan Army has suggested by GargIndia is releasing its causalities periodically and in small numbers .... and they are only going to reveal half of the deaths ...

My source is an Army man on the border

Bunker Buster Bombs ..15 Soldiers all of them are BS

can you please tell me who done this IA or PA

How they drop Bunker Busters ..There is only one air space violation by A Indian Spy Plane Patrol over Pakistani Bunkers ..the Spy plane didn't launch any strikes

India uses L 70 Guns to destroy Pakistani bunkers

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SajeevJino

IA did this to PA ....

there are clear videos of 5 Pakistani bunkers being destroyed , i can link the video's

How they were done..i don't know...all i know is they used some bunker busting weapons.... so the 12-13 PA soldier death is highly possible ...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

From the sudden militarization of Saudi Arabia....the amount of arms and equipments they are buying...i believe they are preparing for something....

Also , considering Bahrain has used Pakistan army men to stem the revolts, its highly possible Saudi Arabia will also use PA men to stem their revolts ....

www.aljazeera.com...

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution