It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War III

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Mr Edward Snowden has managed to do which so many wars could not. This is the person who deserves a Nobel peace prize.

The purpose of US/UK all encompassing spying has always been to steal ideas and industrial secrets. It was never to put down "terrorism" as is the official line. Their worry is not terrorism as they are the terrorists and creator of terrorists. They do not need to spy to find terrorists.

While it was always feared. the details of the spying system were not known to the foreign experts. Mr Snowden has suddenly disclosed these details and upset the applecarte.

Now US cannot easily hide behind moral-ism that it has dished out for so long to foreign powers. People have realized the emperor has no clothes.

The European and Asian powers will become more cautious in dealing with USA now. As I said earlier, means will be adopted that will limit electronic spying of the USA/UK.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Umm buddy, we don't NEED to steal ideas,we are pretty good at ideas,our powers just want control . If your country has better ideas than us we buy them,not steal them. We simply don't have to.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Cav, I have been long enough in the US to realize that Americans are no better than any other in generating ideas.

The difference has been a political system that attracted worldwide talent.

As regards ability to buy, it was true in the past. Not so sure about present and future.

Dig deep and you will agree with me.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Dollar as a reserve currency on the decline:

www.zerohedge.com...

Most Asian trade will bypass US dollar by 2014.
A large part of Asia-Africa and Asia-South America trade will bypass US dollar by 2015.

These are realities and not dreams.

USA has to stop QE soon, otherwise it will be forced to come face to face with harsh realities of unemployment and hyperinflation.

The bondholders are no sheep.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Agreed. We dont need to steal ideas (that is what the Chinese do tho)....we spy to exercise the need to be in control....control of data/information and people, respectively.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

Agreed. We dont need to steal ideas (that is what the Chinese do tho)....we spy to exercise the need to be in control....control of data/information and people, respectively.

My friend, wherever competition was allowed, foreigners made things better than Americans.

German and Japanese cars are the first example.
A lot of chemical process industry is led by Germans.
You can see number of patents being filed all over the world. Even in USA, you will see Asians filing a lot of patents.

USA will not keep its lead by being arrogant. USA has seen a lot of financial mismanagement for last 30 years. Either fix it or go down.

USA did maintain its predominant military power and its hegemony so far. But financial mismanagement has brought down earlier empires and USA is no novelty.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
We have often lead the world in ideas and tech we just got sold into such doosies as central banking and planned Obsolecense. Now we have a mess to clean up but we have had worse and lived.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The problem is not central bank.

The planning of economy and infrastructure is necessary.

USA did very well as its openness and freedom attracted people from all over the world. The USA provided right conditions (infrastructure, compensation) to bright people to carry research etc. However financial mis-management means such conditions are no longer available.

Today USA is too focused on military. The capital available is being sucked up by the military and social welfare, as happens in dying stages of an empire.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

WWIII sounds a lot like the war on terror fought for the last 12 years to me

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Then why are there so many H1 visa applications from India, China, etc... They are trying to get into the US.

And I'll add this - when there is trouble in some part of the world just who do they run to for help. It sure is not India or China.

Joe

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JoeP2247

Because everybody is not as smart as you. We call it "bhed-chaal" in Hindi or behavior of sheep.

Our educated class (and of China) suffers badly from it.

However I know of many people who have returned for good.

I mentioned the word reverse-brain-drain. It means smart people will return to their country of origin, as their dream of USA gets shattered or their views change.

Do not think I hate USA. In fact I like USA. But USA has committed all the mistakes that a waning empire makes. It is so evident.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Interesting thread...but in my opinion while Asia very well could be the flashpoint instead of the Middle East I really don't think it would be India vs China.

China fears one thing more than anything else and that is the remilitarization of Japan. Why? Because Japan can easily develop a Navy and Air Force that could severely impede China's ability to project force. Not to mention Japan can literally flip a switch and have a nuclear deterrent.

The question is what does China do if Japan decides to remilitarize? They would have a very small window to take action and likely only could if the United States was tied up elsewhere (like the Middle East) and couldn't adequately respond. It would be a gamble...if the US can and does respond you end up with a WWIII type scenario.

But in the next couple years? Doubtful...why? Because while China likes to make noise about picking a fight with the US in the end they dont want a war with us anymore than we want one with them. They really want the role of global superpower counterweight to the US and to do that they must first dominate SE Asia and be able to project military power...neither of which they can currently do.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnusMaximus

What would Japan rearming mean do you think?
Do you see them becoming a world threatening force?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnusMaximus
Interesting thread...but in my opinion while Asia very well could be the flashpoint instead of the Middle East I really don't think it would be India vs China.

China fears one thing more than anything else and that is the remilitarization of Japan. Why? Because Japan can easily develop a Navy and Air Force that could severely impede China's ability to project force. Not to mention Japan can literally flip a switch and have a nuclear deterrent.

The question is what does China do if Japan decides to remilitarize? They would have a very small window to take action and likely only could if the United States was tied up elsewhere (like the Middle East) and couldn't adequately respond. It would be a gamble...if the US can and does respond you end up with a WWIII type scenario.

But in the next couple years? Doubtful...why? Because while China likes to make noise about picking a fight with the US in the end they dont want a war with us anymore than we want one with them. They really want the role of global superpower counterweight to the US and to do that they must first dominate SE Asia and be able to project military power...neither of which they can currently do.

Japan has a lot of problems as a big military power. They just do not have the land area.

Japan can militarize (and probably will) but its objective will remain self-defense.

I disagree that Japan can create a big navy/air force at the flip of a switch.

It takes 15-20 years to become an effective expeditionary force at the minimum.

Chinese already command mind-boggling economic power. I would say that Chinese command the capital in today's world. The military has not yet caught up with USA but probably will.

India has lost the war with China already. 90% of the war is economic progress. India will have to go along with China even if under protest.

Japanese people are great people - very industrious and inventive. They will survive but will face more problems in coming years.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by MagnusMaximus

What would Japan rearming mean do you think?
Do you see them becoming a world threatening force?

Demographically in the future it would be very difficult for the Japan of old to return...but they very easily could become an effective check on Chinese ambition and considering the history between the people it would likely be belligerent in that regard.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

Originally posted by MagnusMaximus

Japan has a lot of problems as a big military power. They just do not have the land area.

Japan can militarize (and probably will) but its objective will remain self-defense.

I disagree that Japan can create a big navy/air force at the flip of a switch.

It takes 15-20 years to become an effective expeditionary force at the minimum.

Chinese already command mind-boggling economic power. I would say that Chinese command the capital in today's world. The military has not yet caught up with USA but probably will.

India has lost the war with China already. 90% of the war is economic progress. India will have to go along with China even if under protest.

Japanese people are great people - very industrious and inventive. They will survive but will face more problems in coming years.

Maybe I worded it in correctly...but Japan has been a military power in the past and there is no reason the could not challenge China regionally. In fact they have all the pieces in place thanks to our(the US) help. I do believe the are getting F-35 and even producing parts for them, the are intergal to the missile defense system and can produce that on their own. They also have a competent navy...it wouldn't take much to produce their own ships/subs.

They have the technology to do all this...those 3 components right there if they decide to would n could effectively check China in the region. Not to mention N.Korea...I don't think the Japanese will continue to let the US run point in a lot of these issues when they will be the ones more directly effected.

5-10 years max once they decide IMO

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Chemicals found in Tartus, Syria:

www.intifada-palestine.com...< br />
This incident points to Syrian opposition being supplied by sea, on the Syrian coast.

Question is who is supplying - who has the means and the risk taking capability?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Pakistan: Security chief of President killed by suicide bomber.

edition.cnn.com...

Our assessment is that Pakistan has already reached state of anarchy - a situation from which State cannot recover.

Pakistan is being sustained by USA, Saudi and UAE. How long?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I am of the mind as long as we are talking shooting WILL become obsolete.It may take a while but the internet is really opening doors.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

The right of free speech and right to own property are the basis of success of the Western world.

The all pervasive spying and beyond-law actions of Executive have taken away the right to free speech.

The control of people's lives by financial institutions and a myriad of financial jugglery has taken away the right to property.

What is left??

The US government is swimming in an ocean of liabilities. While Microsoft and Google may be very successful, it has been achieved at the cost of financial independence of an entire nation. This absurd and illusive belief that technology can deliver from all possible problems is a path to destruction.

The fall of USA will be brought by pure greed of some people, who want all power and resources cornered for themselves; and a population that simply refuses to see the truth.

I have deliberated on it for several years, and I realize that Western style democracy is a failure. It feeds too many work-shirkers and easily gets chained to wealthy and powerful people.

The multi-party elections are a waste of resources and money. The entire party system is a failure. The State must have stable political and financial structures, enshrined in its constitution. Elections should be between candidates, not parties, on the basis of individual merit of the candidates.

The government should be small. Veda has allowed one sixth part to the King. (King means Government). This one-sixth includes all taxes that a Government can levy. A Government that levies more than this much wastes money on bureaucracy (make un-needed laws and then hire people to enforce), military (fighting un-necessary wars), showmanship (building castles and other expensive buildings) etc.

A king used to have only a small regular army. The people were called for war in times of need from the peasants and workers. This system has been given up in favor of large "volunteer" forces. Why??

Today we have armies that are disconnected from general populace. These armies have become a tool of the leader's whims, rather than a means to protect the Nation.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join