It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "It Only Takes The Misconduct Of A Few ...."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Obama delivered a speech at the U.S. Naval Academy last Friday.

He emphasized that the misconduct of a few causes mistrust in government.

Well brilliant deduction Watson !!

Doesn't Obama know He Himself may very well be one of those FEW in many peoples' mind these days ?

I wonder what the graduating class really thinks

He seemed a bit "drifty" while speaking.

Almost like He was uncomfortable or something.

The speech lacked His usual powerful impact and punch.

I think it was a "hit and hope" effort.

read the story and watch the videos and see what you think.

President Barack Obama delivered the commencement speech at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md., on Friday, blaming the “misconduct of a few” for erosion of the public’s "trust in the government."

“Everyday our civil servants do their jobs with professionalism, protecting our national security and delivering the services that so many Americans expect, but as we’ve seen again in recent days, it only takes the misconduct of a few to further erode to the people’s trust in their government, and that’s unacceptable to me, and I know that’s unacceptable to you,” Obama told graduates.

“It’s no secret that in recent decades, many Americans have lost confidence in many of the institutions that help shape our society and our democracy, but I suggest to you today that institutions do not fail in a vacuum. Institutions are made up of people, individuals, and we’ve seen how the actions of a few can undermine the integrity of those institutions,” he said...........................

Read On and watch .....

YouTube partial cut of speech:

Notice how he nods his head down while looking forward......his usual signal that he's fibbing or not sincere

What's the Hidden Message Here ?

edit on May-26-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Him saying this makes you want to laugh out-loud maniacally for a while then start crying sad tears.

"And policies are driven by special interests rather than the national interests"..

That means you Monsanto! "protection act"
edit on 26-5-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
He couldn't have picked a better topic to talk about at a commencement? Why talk about your own issues when you're supposed to say something positive for the grads?
edit on 26-5-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

we’ve seen how the actions of a few can undermine the integrity of those institutions

Sounds like he's talking about whistle blowers. Maybe it was a shot across the bow of those young men and women.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Whats the Problem with the Speech?
Everything he said is the Truth.
I realize if Obama Passed Gas, You would start a thread blaming him for Oklahoma, But this is a Miss.

Till your Next Bash Obama Thread, Take Care.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Or I would point out from military experience that it only takes a complete lack of leadership from one.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Obama should be giving this speech to the people under his administration and local law enforcement.

The man has a lot of nerve....

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

He isn't drifty, he is anxious and medicated. Did you catch that slurring? You do realize that Tuesday is going to be our next major scandal news day don't you? I anticipate a lot of breaking news from over the 3 day weekend.

But then again, I read that Obama is practicing not using a teleprompter. Watch his head go back and forth, how about that! No wonder he needed meds!

Just my story alone is juicy. I provided 100% proof that Carney was lying. The IRS was caught targeting on May 6, 2013! But do you want to hear something I find even more shocking than the actual IRS letter that I provided? Hardly anyone even cares! For Christs sake, it wanted to know what books they read! Does no one even care?

Here is the link to the post with the PDF file. See Pages 8 through 11:
Proof! The Whitehouse Lied! IRS Targeting Continued 1 Year Past Investigation Cessatio

edit on 27-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Translation: No matter what his administration does?

He is not responsible for anything EVER!.

For a guy whose mantra is 'better living through government' just pay no attention to when he grows government bigger, and more powerful, and flex's it's corruptness.

Your still better off!.

Priceless!.
edit on 27-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Obama: "It Only Takes The Misconduct Of A Few ...."

Of course, the problem here is that there is far, far more than just a few misconducting in government. Moreover, as has become painfully obvious, no small amount of misconduct can be traced back to this administration and that it has taken to punishing those who blow the whistle on the same, makes the entire speech an exercise in blatant hypocrisy.

But, that all said... the statement is itself quite true.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
But do you want to hear something I find even more shocking than the actual IRS letter that I provided? Hardly anyone even cares! For Christs sake, it wanted to know what books they read! Does no one even care?

Here is the link to the post with the PDF file. See Pages 8 through 11:
Proof! The Whitehouse Lied! IRS Targeting Continued 1 Year Past Investigation Cessatio

Well, actually, the IRS was asking about the books they were selling, not reading. Apparently, this organization sells books as part of fund-raising. The IRS wanted to know if the books were political in nature. This is to make sure the organization is not a political organization hiding as a social welfare organization.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Given the audience I think it's a round-about way to also address the increasing number of sexual assualt stories rising from the military lately.

Or he's just being political because...Chicago-style politics and liberalism or some such nonsense.

new topics

top topics

join