That was freaky..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Need some advise..

Okay so I'm coming down with the flu and all the symptoms are beginning to show, headache, dry cough, sore throat and watery discharge from my nose. No fever...yet but I have a feeling that'll come tomorrow.

Anyway, last night (for me about 10 hours ago) I was laying on the couch when all of a sudden I get a sharp pain in my chest (left and right) like somebody had just hit it with a sledge hammer. Then for the next five minutes it felt like a really heavy guy was sitting on my chest.

I tried to walk it off but that didn't help. I laid down again and the pain slowly began to move upward until it reached my jaw. I had this sharp pain in my left and right jaw followed by a pain in my left arm.

Both the pain in my jaw and arm subsided rather quickly but then I became incredibly dizzy and it was as if somebody had adjusted my eyesight slightly because everything seemed "sharper"

The dizziness lasted for an other half hour and now I'm back to my normal flu symptoms.

I tried to Google it but all I come up with is the indication that I may have had a heart attack...

Thing is, I'm 35 years old and in perfect condition (apart from my flu).

Could it be anything related to my flu?

(Before anybody suggest I should see a doctor, don't worry I'll go see one this morning but I see no need in waking anybody up as it is only 5AM here so I'll wait an other 3 hours till the doctor's office opens up.)

Peace
edit on 26-5-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

In no way am I saying that this is the correct diagnosis, but I don't have the flu and at least once a week for years I get the excruciating pains you're talking about: Chest pains, jaw, and left arm (especially the underarm). My cure is a few quick gulps of carbonated ginger ale that causes me to burp. Pain relieved. It's just gas. Hopefully this is it for you too.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well it was just after dinner when it happened so I guess you could be right. But boy that hurt!!

Thanks for sharing.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It sounds like your immune system sensed something and it caused a release of some histamines of some kind. Evidently it didn't choose the right response. I've felt somewhat similar feelings right before I got sick before. I hope your flu or whatever it is gets better.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Thanks.

Yeah it's a genuine man-flu I'm developing here so that'll be a week in hell for my wife.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Oh man OM..you my have had a mini stroke.Get your favorite practicioner on it.Because the next one might not be so lucky.Take care.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
To be honest as I read your post I immediately thought heart attack but I'm no paramedic. Your description just meshed with stuff I've read. I'd be getting my butt to the MD at some point. It could also be gas or a flu symptom I guess. Maybe you could follow up with the doctor results for us curious ones. Hope it goes well

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Thanks Sam.

I will be visiting my own doctor this morning but I really didn't feel like spending my entire Sunday evening and night waiting in the emergency room of our local hospital. I tried that once when I drilled a hole in my finger and they made me wait 6,5 hours!!

Peace

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Ha Ha ...I got one better.Iwas stripping copper at about 3 in the morning and the box knife slipped and cut a 2 inch slash 1 inch deep wound right beside my penis.Scary..very scary

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Well I'm not the panicking type and to call 911 for a case of gas isn't something you want to report back to the neighbors when they pick you up in an ambulance.

But after searching the symptoms on Internet I was also left with only one conclusion.

That's why I'm glad I posted this thread and got some useful feedback, I'm really not in any risk group when it comes to heart problems.

Thanks for your concern and I'll keep you updated on any results.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Those sounds like symptoms of a heart-problem.
Your vision getting altered sounds like something happened with your blood-pressure as well, which also points towards that. It is important to go get it checked when it happens, otherwise tests won't show whether or not it was the heart.
And then of course, they are nice to have around if the condition gets worse.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Keyword there is "beside"...

Here, I shared the photo's of my little mishap in some thread on ATS when I had my "drill accident"

Warning: graphic

As a matter of fact I took those photos while waiting in the emergency room.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

Yeah the problem with the dizziness and vision where the one's that lasted the longest. I hope my doctor can make something out of my story.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Holy crap!! You should have been the OP

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

...no, I'm not that good..took me 20 minuites to type this....Hope OM gets better.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
To be honest as I read your post I immediately thought heart attack but I'm no paramedic. Your description just meshed with stuff I've read. I'd be getting my butt to the MD at some point. It could also be gas or a flu symptom I guess. Maybe you could follow up with the doctor results for us curious ones. Hope it goes well

So did I.

Please OP, don't just assume it's all good now, get checked.

As Sarn said, the next time it might not be so forgiving if it is something bad, and if it's not something bad, then you've done no harm.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Thanks for the concern Winofriend.

I should really go see a doctor but at this point it really doesn't matter if I wait an other hour for my own doctor to see me or if I check into a hospital because that process will take at least twice as long...

Peace

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

As long as you're OK that's all that counts.

I would suggest getting someone else to drive you there OM.

You know just in case. Hope is was just wind though.

Cody

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Thanks for all the concern.

First: I'm still alive!!

Just came back from a two visit to the hospital and I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I'm gonna take a nice hot bath and hopefully get sleep.

I'll get back as soon as a wake up.

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join