It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows 8 is needed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

No, you're wrong, there is nothing dumbed down about windows 8 UI. The complete and utter lack of anything real to complain about in 8 is what gives spawn to conspiracies such as yours.

How is it a "conspiracy" that Windows is being dumbed down? Most end users are r-tards that click and install things willy nilly and wonder why their system slows to a crawl. When things are locked down and simplified people think it's the greatest thing. Just look at iPad and you'll why it's popular, because people can't bork it up.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
reply to post by Klassified

That's why I suggested people pick up a copy of Windows 7. It's the best Windows OS since XP.

Agreed. That's what is on my main desktop, and it's staying there until MS comes back to planet earth, or Linux comes into the 21rst century.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Klassified

They're trying to be apple...

8 reminds me of my iphone...

Yeah, a very poor imitation of the iphone I might add.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
WINDOWS 8 BLOWS

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I agree, I loved XP!

When Windows 8 started coming pre-loaded on PCs I hurried to buy a new laptop (much needed at the time) that had Windows 7 before I couldn't find one anymore. I'm not into the whole "tablet format, tile thing" and am hoping I never have to resort to it. I will ride Windows 7 until the wheels fall off!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Dont have 8 myself but have removed it from 2 laptops for other people, both of them HATED it.

I agree with others on here about XP and 7.

XP was/is what most of us who USE a PC actualy want, they should have just updated the core and left the interface alone. I would happily have paid a few squid for an xp service pack that brought it up to date.

I remember reading some of the blurb thats inside the dev pack for c and it actualy stated that it was their intention to "HIDE" things from the user, I think thats what has happened with 8.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
this is one of the few silver linings i enjoy about being broke because by the time i'm able to afford anything remotely "new" most all of the bugs and kinks are straightened out HA.

anyway.. everyone complains about the new version of "anything" until they get used to it. i hated win7 when i was forced to use it but it grew on me very quickly and now i absolutely love it. i hate win8 simply because i'll have to re-learn but i'm sure i'll love it after i do learn it.

everyone hates windows but for the wrong reasons.. there's a reason it's on Everything! mac loyalists are funny, every time i talk to one they trip over themselves to cut off their nose to spite their face.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You can change windows 8 theme to a windows 7 theme.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
You will have to replace win 7 eventually anyway with win 8.

Probably by 2020 win 7 will stop getting updates!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join