It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two dead, five hurt in Texas shooting spree

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This was a great post, S&F by the way, about a man who went nuts for some yet to be known reason. I hate that this has come to this. At the beginning people discussed the post, and once again this has become a post about gun control. IMHO if you want to hash out gun control, start a post. Let's please stay on subject.

I tried to find more info but not much is being posted by MSM. Has anyone been able to find out the connection of the women found in the hotel? So sad.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

ATTENTION~~~~~

This is the topic

Two dead, five hurt in Texas shooting spree

It is not a thread about knives, gun control or Biden. It is not a place for bickering or rudeness.
You are responsible for your own posts.
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Hate or rage was the obvious problem . The guy was going to get a gun or knife or run the people down with the truck . In the UK there is no gun so they stab the people to death . . I say ban steak knives .

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Since this is apparently a gun debate now, has anyone mentioned Switzerland and their ownership to murder rate, I believe it's like .4 per 100000, lower than that of the ban the guns happy euros. This is proof positive that guns don't kill people, people kill people, as we all have heard. And as mentioned many times, almost anything can be a deadly weapon, why not ban knives they are more accessible and just as capable at killing....

EtA.... figured I would comment on original topic as I did find it very curious This man was so far from home and decided to kill some random people. I'm sure he's just another nutcase snapped, but there sure seems to be a rise in nutcases snapping eh?
edit on 27-5-2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: eta

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

As things continue to fall apart in the economy people will really start going crazy . It's just starting . Wait until the grocery stores start having shortages or the upcoming Mideast war hits and gas is rationed or worse .

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Awesome another law abiding citizen with a gun stopped a potential massacre..it is just like they always say....guns stop crime..massacres..
....oh wait...

proven wrong yet again...too bad for the people in Texas...maybe with better gun control like psychiatric exams, longer waiting period, background checks and others. Instead let's allow anyone to just get guns..

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Why is it when I read about gun violence, if the person in the story is in the military, they happen to be Marines?

Maybe we see what we want to see but it's another defective Marine.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Federal gun control laws have led to Texans leaving their guns at home. Any store is allowed to post a sign restricting you from carrying your gun inside. You are also not allowed to carry your gun in the glove box, another federal crime. The Feds have handicapped Texas not Texas and at 4am everyone's asleep.

If the federal gun control crap was not in place believe me the person would have been shot at from all angles by normal citizens just like the mass stabbing incident at Lonestar college. We are now voting in legislation to trump federal law that allows students to carry guns on campus.

If you want to see what happens in Texas when the rest of the hippy states stay our of our business look at the mass shooting preformed by en.wikipedia.org...

Although he killed a lot of people everyone went home, got their gun and went and shot back at the guy. People on scene who were carrying guns shot back at the guy. Had it been a normal incident they would have shot him dead long before he found a second victim. These threads aren't about hippies hating guns get over it its our right to carry arms.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
And let me guess... that the guy was probably on anti-depressants.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by spacemanjupiter

I would not be at all surprised if this was the case

As from what I have been reading this is the most likely scenario especially if he was on multiple anti-depressants
edit on 28-5-2013 by BazaFirestorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AllGloryIsGods

Federal gun control laws have led to Texans leaving their guns at home. Any store is allowed to post a sign restricting you from carrying your gun inside. You are also not allowed to carry your gun in the glove box, another federal crime. The Feds have handicapped Texas not Texas and at 4am everyone's asleep.

Texas gun law allows a person to carry a firearm in their car, both long rifles and hand guns.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Texas gun law allows a person to carry a firearm in their car, both long rifles and hand guns.

Read your own quote and you will see he said not allowed in glove box, not car. This is why I usuAlly read things twice before commenting, maybe you should consider doing the same.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
And he is dead or going to be shortly...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The way to prevent shootings is to improve the conditions of our society.
People's attitudes towards each other needs to improve.

Killers don't just happen for no reason, it is a symptom of our willingness to ignore problems that fester for years.

Guns, knives, cyanide, it doesn't matter, they are just means to an end.

The key here is to improve society enough to where people don't see any point in hurting other people.

It's actually a really simple answer but people don't want to be nice to each other, it sucks.

Unlike the poster that disagrees with you, I think you're pretty close to the truth. While there will always be killers even in a perfect society, when societal conditions decline it will actually increase the number of potential murderers and, in some cases, create mass or attempted mass murderers within an already mentally unstable individual. In other words, disenfranchisement can lead an individual to not only begin to dehumanize the rest of society but can also generate the thought that society, itself, is the source of their disillusionment. Or, as McVeigh and Kaczynski put it random people dying are a necessary casualty of war.

I am not insane. I am angry. I killed because people like me are mistreated every day. I did this to show society, push us and we will push back...All throughout my life, I was ridiculed, always beaten, always hated. Do you, society, truly blame me for what I do? Yes, you will...It was not a cry for attention, it was not a cry for help. It was a scream in sheer agony, saying that if you can't pry your eyes open, if I can't do it through pacifism, if I can't show you through the displaying of intelligence, then I will do it with a bullet. Luke Woodham

The sources of the disillusion and disenfranchisement may vary from perp to perp and sometimes, I think that's why the Secret Service was unable to adequately profile these type of individuals. Many are of higher intelligence, which creates, in itself, an isolated scenario. Throw in societal issues for which society may not even see, acknowledge or act to correct, then the disenfranchisement begins that further isolates the perp from the rest of society and creates the dehumanization of the rest of society. Toss in the right dose of mental instability and you have yourself a mass murderer capable of shooting or blowing up random people on the street, in a cinema or a shopping mall. People can bicker all day about whether it was access to guns but it's not going to correct the problem. Try actually looking at society itself. I'm an analyst by nature and by training. I projected that we were ripe for mass murderers over a year ago due to societal and economic conditions and was alarmed enough to try to warn people. I wish to hell that I'd been wrong.

edit on 28/5/13 by WhiteAlice because: more coffee.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Right, and if there were no guns - this guy might have decided to do it with a crossbow, baseball bat, sword, or kitchen knife. Everything is a potential weapon. Why don't we just ban everything. People can walk around naked and they won't be able to kill each other.... unless they beat the other person to death....ok, ban hands....and feet. Of course, then they could just bite the windpipe....ban teeth.... For every item you ban, another will be used as a weapon.

Why don't we just make murder illegal - oh wait, it already is. Funny how laws don't stop people from killing other people. It seems like criminals don't obey the law!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost

Read your own quote and you will see he said not allowed in glove box, not car. This is why I usuAlly read things twice before commenting, maybe you should consider doing the same.

There is no law prohibiting a hand gun in a glove box. Where do you get that one?

A hand gun in a vehicle is to be hidden, not in plain sight.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You can read it instead of guessing...

Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:

(1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control; or

(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control.

(a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control at any time in which:

(1) the handgun is in plain view; or

(2) the person is:

(A) engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic or boating;

(B) prohibited by law from possessing a firearm; or

(C) a member of a criminal street gang, as defined by Section 71.01.

www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You can read it instead of guessing...

Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:

(1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control; or

(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control.

(a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control at any time in which:

(1) the handgun is in plain view; or

(2) the person is:

(A) engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic or boating;

(B) prohibited by law from possessing a firearm; or

(C) a member of a criminal street gang, as defined by Section 71.01.

www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us...

Not sure why this is directed towards me, I guessed at nothing, simply pointed out that said poster read what he/she wanted to from the other post, as opposed to what was actually said. Personally being 2000 miles away I couldn't care less what the Texas law is, but I'm sure someone will find your post helpful. Yay for you. Where I live it's a felony if you have a weApon hidden in your car as you say it should be, it's called carrying a concealed weApon, and though they do issue permits for this, they number less than 2-3k people out of our 13 million in population, so chances are if you are hiding a gun in your car here you are breaking the law. Again thanks for your input, however misdirected it might have been.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You told me I should to read post because the person said glove box. That was incorrect but you took the time to point out that I was somehow wrong in what I stated in my post when I was not.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

You told me I should to read post because the person said glove box. That was incorrect but you took the time to point out that I was somehow wrong in what I stated in my post when I was not.

I'm afraid you are a bit confused about what transpired. Fellow said it was illegal to have a gun in the glove box, then someone, maybe you I'm not sure and don't care enough to go back and look, said that it was legal to have guns in your car in Texas, directly quoting the glove box comment. I was simply pointing out that he never said it was illegal to have guns in your car, he was only speaking of glove boxes. Now whatever the law is is irrelevant to my comment, so not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this back and forth we have going, but I never said anyone was wrong or right or even spoke of the laws, so as stated before your post is misdirected and you should now probably reread the entire thread I guess and figure out who it should have been directed at. Like I said, I read things I'm going to respond to twice for veracity, you may benefit from doing the same.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join