It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack on the US Capitol?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I've noticed a trend in the movies that are coming out lately... as im sure many others have as well...

It seems that several recent movies that are being released are about the White house being taken over or being destroyed...

Is Hollywood pointing towards an attack on the US Capitol?

OR

Are they just using fear to push another agenda?

The newest one I've seen is Called "White house down"... Litterally a movie about an attack on the White house...

And in the past few months I've seen this theme in a lot of other movies...

Like...

Red Dawn...
World war Z...

Theres a bunch more, but I can't seem to think of them all at this moment...

Is it just me?

Just a coincidence?

Anyone else notice this theme in a lot of movies lately?

edit on 26-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

No.

OR

No.

Japan has made a lot of movies about giant monsters attacking Tokyo. Do you think the Japanese film industry is pointing towards an attack on Tokyo, or 'using fear to push another agenda'?

Hollywood produces films about attacks on the White House because it's a popular theme that will sell a lot of movies. Simple.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The truth is, death and destruction equal box office hits. Pure and simple. Just 2 of the examples you gave: World war z is based on a book, red dawn was a remake of a movie from the late 70's or early 80's...if you watch long enough, you see trends. Right now, Hollywood knows that the us population is leaning towards an anti-government stance: hence, white house down. This is just my take on it tho...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Interesting, but I can't talk now. I'm watching Olympus Has Fallen. It's about the White house being attacked and...!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I've noticed a trend in the movies that are coming out lately... as im sure many others have as well...

It seems that several recent movies that are being released are about the White house being taken over or being destroyed...

OR

The newest one I've seen is Called "White house down"... Litterally a movie about an attack on the White house...

Like...

Red Dawn...
World war Z...

Is it just me?

Just a coincidence?

It's not uncommon for Spring\Summer Hollywood mindless action films to come out that have similar plots.
A few years ago it was Armageddon and Deep Impact. Then it was 2012 and the Day After Tomorrow.
This is what they do..

As for the other films you mentioned..Red Dawn is a horrible remake of basically a tactically impossible scenario which is a successful ground based invasion of the mainland US. WWZ is a Zombie movie which ever since 28 Days Later there have been a billion of those. Though obviously Zombie movies have been around for a long time.

If you want to see something Nefarious in it then go for it but the more likely scenario is the common spring\summer mindless Hollywood action film.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The White House has been destroyed or taken over in every decade of film since the 60s. Interesting trend though...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Akragon

Interesting, but I can't talk now. I'm watching Olympus Has Fallen. It's about the White house being attacked and...!

was it good? I wanna see it

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

OR

Illuminati has that answer
( Illuminati Controls Hollywood )

edit on 26-5-2013 by CosmicQuest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

reply to post by Akragon

if you suspend any sense of logic and accept that it is just a re-imaging of Die Hard then it was ok entertainment.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

OR

Like...

Red Dawn...
World war Z...

Is it just me?

Just a coincidence?

Well there are rumors on the net that beneath The Denver Airport the U.S. government can be run from there. Just look at all the chaos in the world and all the countries scrambling for resources especially energy, food and shelter.

In our country many with degrees from colleges are out of work not from a lack of trying to find one in their field. There is just to much a supply of people with what employers are looking for. As for all this Hollyweird stuff about our government crumbling it could be coming from the fall out of 2008 with the collusion of the Corps, FEDS and Wall street creating a devaluation of the dollar so that the United Nations can step in with a New World Order. Check out this video I created about the coming phony Carbon Credit scheme which will further threaten the sovereignty of America.

Al Gore watch out for this guy in the future

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by HomerinNC

reply to post by Akragon

if you suspend any sense of logic and accept that it is just a re-imaging of Die Hard then it was ok entertainment.

thats exactly what i expect lol

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by voynichman
Well there are rumors on the net that beneath The Denver Airport the U.S. government can be run from there. Just look at all the chaos in the world and all the countries scrambling for resources especially energy, food and shelter.

In our country many with degrees from colleges are out of work not from a lack of trying to find one in their field. There is just to much a supply of people with what employers are looking for. As for all this Hollyweird stuff about our government crumbling it could be coming from the fall out of 2008 with the collusion of the Corps, FEDS and Wall street creating a devaluation of the dollar so that the United Nations can step in with a New World Order.

I have a beachfront property in Switzerland for sale, and you look like the perfect customer.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LobeDethFaurt Hollywood knows that the us population is leaning towards an anti-government stance: hence, white house down.

Clever...

Maybe Hollywood is being "asked" to produce movies that are pro this and that in order to regain some momentum it lost.

Maybe.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Right!

Thats one of em... And i remembered yet another one...

Its called "This is The End"... Which i do want to see.. It looks funny!

I seem to think there is a purpose to all of these movies being released all at once...

My theory is the fear agenda... That being these movies place a sub conscious fear in ones mind that "it could happen"... And the government uses that fear to promote the idea that the public need their protection

Another idea is that the government uses that fear as a means of war... "lets get them before they get us"

Make the public fear everything... And they will beg us for protection

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Right!

Thats one of em... And i remembered yet another one...

Its called "The End"... Which i do want to see.. It looks funny!

I seem to think there is a purpose to all of these movies being released all at once...

My theory is the fear agenda... That being these movies place a sub conscious fear in ones mind that "it could happen"... And the government uses that fear to promote the idea that the public need their protection

Another idea is that the government uses that fear as a means of war... "lets get them before they get us"

Make the public fear everything... And they will beg us for protection

or its normal operating procedure for Hollywood and this summer the topic of choice just happens to be something implausible like the White House being captured.

Deep Impact (1998) and Armageddon (1998) was that the Govt getting us ready for an meteor disaster that never hit?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Could be... Lol

Both of those movies were the same deal... Only they were playing on the publics fear of the whole world ending in 2012.... Eventually leading to the movie 2012

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Firstly, if the government wanted to place subconscious fear in people's minds, it would use subtle methods not obvious ones. It sure as hell would not use Hollywood, and it would not produce movies showing (a) the government brought to its knees by terrorists/nationalists/whatever, and (b) the government subsequently rescued by non-government personnel!

Secondly, just look at the message this would send: 'Any old terrorist can destroy the White House, and the government is not only powerless to prevent it but totally reliant on non-government forces to help.' How the hell is that going to promote the idea that the public need government protection?

Anyway, considering that most of the people here at ATS seem to exist in a constant state of fear and maniacal paranoia, I honestly don't see why the government needs to do anything at all. You're already doing it to yourselves.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

No.

OR

No.

Japan has made a lot of movies about giant monsters attacking Tokyo. Do you think the Japanese film industry is pointing towards an attack on Tokyo, or 'using fear to push another agenda'?

Hollywood produces films about attacks on the White House because it's a popular theme that will sell a lot of movies. Simple.

The giant monsters attacking Tokyo resulted from fear of atomic bombs(atomic radiation created the giant monsters). Remember that Japan was the only country openly bombed with atomic bombs. So it is fear of being attacked.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

So you think they have been doing that since 1956....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

So you think they have been doing that since 1956....

en.wikipedia.org...

Yup... Since the dawn of films

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join