It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting angry at something Father is protecting you from?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsRelative

Please don't act is if you understand me on a personal basis, as well as my relationship with the figure I refer to as God (no Holy Books, no religion, my belief).

You have a right to your opinion, not to your facts. I'm sorry, but you responsed in a way I absolutely predicted.

Meaningless and shallow euphoric phrases of "His" doing, etc. Sorry man but I'm not putting my faith into what you've out yours into; after all, God is relative, yes?

I don't care if "you've found God and the truth." I haven't. God, and spirituality is far more complex and important to me than over-generalizing new-age feel good mumbojumbo.

Now, please don't insinuate with me and act like you understand me and my beliefs, only to then tell me to accept "Him" (thought it was Father?) because, well, YOU said so.

Sorry man but your God and your belief seem to be more concerned on ownership rather than appreciation.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Originally posted by NOTurTypicalBecause suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do. I wouldn't hurt those who care about me like that.

The natural course of life will take care of that for me.

Wouldn't those who care for you want you to be happy?

Isn't keeping or wanting someone alive against their wishes the very height of selfishness?

Plus, it'd be more like euthanasia than suicide.

I have a "Do not rescesutate" order on myself. When it's time to go I don't want to be brought back with CPR or anything.

Sooner rather than later hopefully.

Yes that's it, stick your fingers in your ears and your head in the sand.

And you call yourself 'NOTurTypical'..........

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire
reply to post by GodIsRelative

Please don't act is if you understand me on a personal basis, as well as my relationship with the figure I refer to as God (no Holy Books, no religion, my belief).

You have a right to your opinion, not to your facts. I'm sorry, but you responsed in a way I absolutely predicted.

Meaningless and shallow euphoric phrases of "His" doing, etc. Sorry man but I'm not putting my faith into what you've out yours into; after all, God is relative, yes?

I don't care if "you've found God and the truth." I haven't. God, and spirituality is far more complex and important to me than over-generalizing new-age feel good mumbojumbo.

Now, please don't insinuate with me and act like you understand me and my beliefs, only to then tell me to accept "Him" (thought it was Father?) because, well, YOU said so.

Sorry man but your God and your belief seem to be more concerned on ownership rather than appreciation.

Thank you for exercising your free will.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

I never told you to believe anything without evidence. I gave you examples of struggles from MY life. I gave you plausible hypothetic scenarios to show that there is more to these things than you are giving anybody credit for.

You can claim that people who claim to hear God are crackpots.
But you're jumping to conclusions without evidence. Just as you think they are. And that's why I told you to begin by laughing at yourself.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypicalBecause suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do. I wouldn't hurt those who care about me like that.

Isn't keeping or wanting someone alive against their wishes the very height of selfishness?

I have a "Do not rescesutate" order on myself. When it's time to go I don't want to be brought back with CPR or anything.

Sooner rather than later hopefully.

Yes that's it, stick your fingers in your ears and your head in the sand.

And you call yourself 'NOTurTypical'..........

Sorry, missing the connection to my post.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

I'd rather die than be protected.

Life sucks.

Not a response I would expect from you.

Why not?

I'm tired of life, it feels like a prison sentence.

It does at times, especially when you've seen your share of medical troubles like i have, starting at the age of 14. All i have ever known was illness, but my work isn't done yet and it won't be until Christ punches my ticket. I still have some refining to do, some learning, some teaching. We're not in this life for ourselves, we're in it for his Glory. In sorrow, give glory. In illness, give glory. With our dying breaths, give glory. In all things, give glory and at the end of the road give him glory.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Sorry, missing the connection to my post.

Typically dishonest....

You ignore all of my post, reply with something irrelevant and you have the nerve to ask me that?

How about responding to my reply and answering my questions?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

How am I dishonest for asking you to clarify what you want?

I just looked back and don't see any posts you made to me that I didn't reply to.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

"We're Not in this life for ourselves, we're in it for his glory." Do you have any idea how short sighted that sounds? Even the Greeks sight for their children to be greater than them. It is an arrogant god which demands that his children forever depend upon and venerate him.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

"We're Not in this life for ourselves, we're in it for his glory." Do you have any idea how short sighted that sounds? Even the Greeks sight for their children to be greater than them. It is an arrogant god which demands that his children forever depend upon and venerate him.

Sounds fun to me, sorry not making the same connection you are.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Having the meaning of your life decided for you is fun? In my mind, free will includes the choice of destiny.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Having the meaning of your life decided for you is fun? In my mind, free will includes the choice of destiny.

Oh it surely does. You have the choice to spend your eternity either in His presence or away from it. He doesn't force anyone to be in His presence who doesn't want that.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

And if I choose not to live forever?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

And if I choose not to live forever?

Based on thermodynamics and physics I don't think you would have a choice. Your soul and spirit are energy.

Once they were created they existed, and thus cannot be destroyed unless God does it. I suppose you could ask to cease to exist, He may even allow you that if you desire, I don't know.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

reply to [url= by Prezbo369[/url]

How am I dishonest for asking you to clarify what you want?

I just looked back and don't see any posts you made to me that I didn't reply to.

Do people normally have to hold your hand like this?

Or are you as I originally suspected, typically dishonest?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Why are you being a jackass? I asked for you to clarify, my statement about the do not resecutate order addressed what you asked. But if you want a direct answer I'll give that. But if you just want to continue to be a jerk off for Jo reason it will be my last reply. I'm under no obligation to justify my personal feelings to you anyway.

1. Yes
2. No

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

reply to [url= by Prezbo369[/url]

Why are you being a jackass? I asked for you to clarify, my statement about the do not resecutate order addressed what you asked.

Whether or not you have a DNR order has nothing to do with what we are discussing or the questions I asked, you avoided the question entirely and instead responded with something completely irrelevant. This is quite typical of anyone with a position they cannot defend.

If I'm wrong then show me how having a DNR has anything to do with the topic being discussed or the questions I asked.

But if you want a direct answer I'll give that. But if you just want to continue to be a jerk off for Jo reason it will be my last reply. I'm under no obligation to justify my personal feelings to you anyway.

1. Yes
2. No

Keeping someone alive against their wishes is fine with you?......so what was that talk about DNR orders?

I don't think you've thought this through, nor do I think you're being completely honest in your claims about wanting to die and reside in heaven rather than stay alive and live here on earth.

9 million children die every year before they reach the age of 5, that's around 17 every minute usually in the worst of conditions and after a live of complete suffering.

They never had a choice, but you do..........

edit on 31-5-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
A car in front of you is going slow, you are now angry and have engaged in road rage. But, Father has placed said person in front of you, because a mile down the road, if you would have been in that exact spot, you would have been struck by a drunk driver.

The clerk at the gas station runs your debit card twice, now you are upset because you wanted that extra $40 to go see a movie later that night. But, when the funds are returned to you, you find out that $40 will be needed for a friend who has no groceries.

Your boyfriend cheats on you, and now you are in turmoil. But, Father told you it was time to leave the relationship and you did not listen. So, he pulled him away so now you can be with the one, Father has planned for you to be with.

These are many examples of many throughout ones daily. Yet, many will lash out and become angry, but, when looking from the outside in, you will see this was all for your benefit.

Father places you through many tests to see your thoughts. For example, he may have someone use your debit card to remove funds from you, to see how you will react to said situation. After the test, he will then proceed to do what is needed.

I implore all, to not get lost in one sided thinking, but think of all angles. Father may just be protecting you from something down the line, because he loves you, not for you to struggle.

a very sweet title thread
and a true decription of the premisses

thank you

..in the end, He will have let to work anything that happened - good or bad - for the good to those who love Him

in retrospect that is
..because very often are happening things...which make no sense, at All, at the moment

yet its true your post

bless

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Can you briefly explain why you care so much that I don't want to live a long life. What is my preferences to you?

And I'm not taking the bait on your appeal to emotion argument.
edit on 31-5-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join