It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hershberger Trial: List of Things You Can't Say and Wear Gets Bigger.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Most people are most likely aware of what is happening with this trial (Persecution) but what many are not aware of are the tactics being used to make a milk farmer a criminal. This man can't even have a fair trial that is being held in the public spot light. In fact he is being denied his right to a fair trial right in front of the World and nothing is being done about it.

www.activistpost.com...

The judge, Guy Reynolds, is essentially directing the jury how to vote and what they are allowed to hear....The whole case hinges on these words that are banned.
List of things struck from the trial - this stems from the judge's agreement with prosecution before the trial began. He has sided with the State every step of the way:

Live Channel:

www.justin.tv...=-rid-&s=em

Defense is not allowed to talk of defendant's personal liberty - no talk of liberty allowed

The words “raw milk” are not allowed to be spoken during the trial.

No talk about safety or health reasons - this made it impossible for witnesses to talk about why they went to his farm.

According to Josh Tolley, talk of "natural foods" was not allowed.

No talk of whether there was criminal intent in not obtaining a license - Note: shouldn't that right there be cause for jury nullification?

Can't talk about criminal intent - then where is the crime? Also, you can't obtain a license for fresh food or memberships in Wisconsin!

Photos from the farm were argued against and called "irrelevant."

No discussion of why his farm was initially raided in 2010.

No talk of herd shares or memberships - how did the witnesses discuss? Very carefully, see below

A woman wearing a "Got Initiative?" shirt was told to remove it before entering because it hinted at a reference. A picture of her appears on one of the Facebook updates I'm watching.

Mark McAffe was ordered to cover his shirt because it said: "get raw milk."

A teenager wearing a "Raw Milk Me" button was asked to remove it before entering.

For those finding this hard to believe, take a look at just a snippet of testimony and a Judge playing God that only belongs in a Communist Country.

Defense testimony from one of Vernon Hershberger's buying club members since 2004, Joseph Plasterer, as to how he came to seek out farm's food.

Plasterer: We were looking for some natural milk sources, in early 2004.

Defense lawyer: Did you come and meet the Hershbergers?

Plasterer: Yes. We asked if we could be part of the farm…

Defense: Did you have a reason?

Plasterer: My son was not thriving…"

Prosecution: Objection!

Judge Guy Reynolds: Sustained

Plasterer: We wanted access to unproc food that was higher qual that would not be available from the stores.

Prosecution: Objection!

Judge Reynolds: Sustained. Strike the answer. The jury is to ignore that.

How can this even happen in America? This man has absolutely no chance of winning with this judge. He isn't even allowed to present a fair defense because he can't use words like health, raw, etc. How is this happening?

Vernon Hershberger is facing over two years prison time and $10,000 in fines for four criminal misdemeanor charges and the only thing he's done is provide people with what they want...healthy alternatives to the grocery chains.

And something else coming to light that should scare the hell out of every American and I will include Canadian as well:

Inspector Jackie Owens admitted on the stand that it is not illegal to have a farm, grow your own and consume those goods. That did not stop her from barging in while Vernon was away, without a warrant, to do a sneak-attack inspection that led to destruction of his food. One investigator admitted that she knew they were destroying his family's personal food stores, but did it anyway.

And last but certainly not least, how is it that something so widely publicized doesn't have Washington all over it to protect this man's Constitutional rights? If anything ever showed that America is no more...this is it.

Peace

edit on 26-5-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Justice in America is such a sham. I hope this information goes viral and the Hershbergers get a fair trial out of it. So sickening.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is the stuff that people will one day no longer tolerate and when that day comes the war will begin! Why, I have to wonder isn't the group involved in the actions of your last quote up on charges of breaking and entering? Well so much for my peaceful easy Sunday

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
This is the stuff that people will one day no longer tolerate and when that day comes the war will begin! Why, I have to wonder isn't the group involved in the actions of your last quote up on charges of breaking and entering? Well so much for my peaceful easy Sunday

Agreed.

At the very least this should be enough to throw it out of court.

Illegal entry without a warrant and the owner not even home? Then destroying his family food as well. WTH is this?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Justice in America is such a sham. I hope this information goes viral and the Hershbergers get a fair trial out of it. So sickening.

The problem here is that it is viral and still nothing is being done.

I'm lost for words on this.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The People's Court, Nazi Germany

Only a matter of time.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I have followed this story off and on since it's conception. He has been through the ringer and I really feel for him. His struggle is far from over and it seems so unfair. How on earth does he have a chance in hell of beating this with that kind of censorship?

And, don't these people have some actual crime to fight somewhere? Aren't there an awful lot of criminals in Washington? They should start there. They will be busy for the next century with that caseload.

Is it just me, or does it seem that things are backwards anymore?

S&F for you, sir.
edit on 26-5-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
The People's Court, Nazi Germany

Only a matter of time.

I believe that with this happening as we speak...that time is here.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
I have followed this story off and on since it's conception. He has been through the ringer and I really feel for him. His struggle is far from over and it seems so unfair. How on earth does he have a chance in hell of beating this with that kind of censorship?

And, don't these people have some actual crime to fight somewhere? Aren't there an awful lot of criminals in Washington?

Is it just me, or does it seem that things are backwards anymore?

S&F for you, sir.

The only chance he has of winning anything is to have enough shame brought upon the court by the people that there is no way they can move forward.

And then we have the long term repercussions of other people to scared to eat what they want, his legal costs, the destruction of the Constitution....and on and on and on...

No win here whatsoever IMO.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well the U.S military has been at it a while now, but I think we are going to see more and more civil judges and courts beginning to adopt a far more regulated type of justice in defense of the corporations and anything else such as "rights" will be treated as the outlandish talk of radicals and terrorists that it is and punished appropriately.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is entirely wrong and the constitution and the supreme court will protect him. Unfortunately this only gets to happen after his trial. This is one of those rare instances that something needs to be done sooner and we need to think of a way. A mistrial is out of the question since the judge needs to do this. Thinking caps folks, thinking caps... Lets do something instead of sitting here gasping at how awful it is. We have a lot of bright energetic minds that can do a lot of good here.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
This is entirely wrong and the constitution and the supreme court will protect him. Unfortunately this only gets to happen after his trial. This is one of those rare instances that something needs to be done sooner and we need to think of a way. A mistrial is out of the question since the judge needs to do this. Thinking caps folks, thinking caps... Lets do something instead of sitting here gasping at how awful it is. We have a lot of bright energetic minds that can do a lot of good here.

We are of the same mind.

I know that we have an abundance of grey matter on ATS and we need those to come out and speak up.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hey Jude, I am working on it right as I type. I will find a way!

edit on 26-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by jude11

Hey Jude, I am working on it right as I type. I will find a way!

Thanks for stepping up!

Post when you have even just a basic beginning as many may jump in to help. I know I will.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Well an easy thing to do would be to phone every local newspaper and journalist in the county/state speak to free legal advisors contact ACLU the BAR etc. Quite a lot people could do, go there an protest, donate the guy money, help his plight be known maybe free legal aid. Set fire to the court house and march on Washington......I DID NOT MEAN THAT SORRY THOUGHT POLICE DO NOT SENTENCE ME I AM NOT A TERRORIST.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Jury nullification!
This is why school was supposed to be so important, so folks would know their rights.
I never heard about nullification in school.
Maybe this is why so many call our schools indoctrination centers.
Knowlwdge truly is power.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Looks like they caught a break...

"Dairy farmer acquitted on three of four charges in raw milk trial"

Baraboo — Dairy farmer Vernon Hershberger was acquitted on three of four criminal charges early Saturday morning in a trial that drew national attention from supporters of the raw, unpasteurized milk movement.

Jurors in Sauk County Circuit Court deliberated about four hours, until nearly 1 a.m. Saturday, before returning a verdict of guilty on one charge of violating a holding order placed on products on the Hershberger farm following a raid there in the summer of 2010.

www.jsonline.com...

edit on 26-5-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I read (cannot find the link now, AcPo I think) he was found not guilty on all charges except not ceasing to desist.

Regardless, this deserves a deeper look. There has to be more to this story than just some folks and a farmer striking a business deal of some form. If not, than the reaction from the state is amazingly overboard. In the age of tight governmental budgets, this is where they are going to blow all the money? What is there to gain? Besides Big Ag and over zealous purchased bureaucrats, who benefits?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well right now I am wondering if an emergency injunction from another judge would do this. The problem is that they hate to step on each others toes. But in extreme cases, they will do this. And this just may fit. We need to check on the age of the judge and any acts of previous suspected incompetence.

Another option is an emergency injunction at the federal level or perhaps from the Wisconsin Judicial Commission? I am not an attorney, but these are things I am looking into for feasibility if you want to help me.

A good guess by me is that this poor man needs a new attorney. Likely is he strapped for cash just about right now. Maybe the American Civil Liberties Union would be of help?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I am very happy that this had a happy and somewhat decent ending. But, this is still not over, since I think this case needs reviewed. Fortunately this was a jury of his peers and they are not stupid when they see big government getting dark and evil.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join