It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flushing Meadow Zoo - UFOs & Animal Mutilations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Flushing Meadows Zoo opened in 1968 on the grounds of the 1964-1965 World’s Fair. Located in Flushing Meadows Park that featured in the Men in Black film and which is also home to Shea Stadium and the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center .

During the 1964-1965 World’s Fair, there were several UFO reports in the area that were brushed off as aircraft lights and natural phenomena. In 1966 a luminescent blue-green object was sighted over the park. Multiple witnesses described a glowing object descending into the lake around 7:40pm. Believe it or not swamp gas was mentioned as an explanation.

Since opening, the Zoo has allegedly been associated with a number of strange incidents.
Late November 1977 saw a number of UFO sightings above the park. On November 30th official reports said that twelve wolves clawed their way through a chain link fence surrounding their pen. They killed several other animals until parks department personnel, assisted by police, rounded them up.

Mysteriously, a caretaker employed at the zoo, claimed that he found several animals missing on his round ,aside from the wolves. He claimed the dead animals did not look like they had been killed by predators and that the animal pens showed no signs of being unlocked, damaged or tampered with.

In 1987 the same caretaker saw green and white balls of light hover above the zoo causing notable distress to the animals inside. Staff vacated the zoo around 11pm as security was provided by local police. The morning after the two nights of UFO sightings in 1987, the caretaker and several of the staff opened up the zoo and were horrified to find every animal in the zoo bizarrely mutilated whilst still secured in their pens.

Despite these deaths and mutilation, little or no blood was present. The zoo was closed down. Officially, the deaths never happened at that point and the press showed no interest in the matter if it was even reported to them at all. With plans already in the works to refurbish the zoo buildings, it was not that hard to arrange for the entire zoo property to be rebuilt from the ground up with new ground.

The zoo employees claimed that the animal deaths and mutilations were explained away as the work of vandals or ritualistic killers in an internal report. Although no alarms sounded, there was no sign of damage and park police on the night in question heard nothing.

UFOs were once again spotted over the zoo in 1991. No strange deaths were noted on this occasion but a number of animals appeared to have vanished. Again, the zoo was closed with “No Trespassing” signs placed around the perimeter. Once again an expensive upgrade of the zoo was implemented along with the addition of hi-tech security devices. Local media did make inquiries on this occasion, but were told funds had been made available for improvements . The zoo reopened again in June of 1992.

Now it’s an interesting story. However I cannot find any other reports of substance to corroborate this story. The original source comes from here:

www.isnare.com...

Almost every other internet link refers back to the story written up by Bill Knell which I've basically paraphrased and condensed.

Does anyone else have knowledge of this and whether there is any truth in it?

Perhaps some New Yorkers remember the zoo closures, the UFO reports or the wolves escaping?

edit on 26/5/13 by mirageman because: corrections

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Never heard of that case before, thanks for sharing. You bring another unique case that isn't the usual repeat 100 times. Also the first time I hear about a zoo being 'attacked' by UFO. What kind of animals were mutilated? Usually it's done to cattle

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I really loved your thread layout,

A most interesting and mysterious story for sure. I have never heard about this before but according to your telling that would make sense as the media did their best to comply with authorities and keep it hush hush.

It is a very tragic case if true, I wonder if any old employees could be located and then interviewed?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So, anything especially 'technologically' interesting at that world's fair that would have been attracting to others checking on our progress?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I've been to flushing meadows park and zoo as a kid in the 70s, wow!!!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageman
Late November 1977 saw a number of UFO sightings above the park. On November 30th official reports said that twelve wolves clawed their way through a chain link fence surrounding their pen. They killed several other animals until parks department personnel, assisted by police, rounded them up.

This reminds me of the skinwalker ranch as the earlier post. Big foot is associated with UFOs entirely. Ghosts are associated with UFOs also. Mixing them together would equal skinwalker ranch and a UFO base. But 1977 was a year of interest because in 1973 the cattle mutes started by the 1,000s, 1976 was almost the last year that they had been by the 1,000s across America and Canada but in 1978 they came up by the 1,000s in America and Canada for 2 years, this extended to Alabama in the south which was the primary area before the events decreased. Then in the early 1990s they sparked in the same place at Alabama for a couple years and eventually went to South America at the new millenium. But in 1977 it was like the UFOs had moved on from livestock to people in the cases mentioned along with Fort Benning and Colares Brazil. In '73 there was a witness to a cattle mute beamed up into a UFO. By '75 there were a handful of witnesses to UFOs and alien encounters on prairies, abductions in rural areas such as the Travis Walton case, and witnesses encounters to blue beams coming down from the sky and paralyzing cattle. So it was like they were coming down - a literal invasion so to speak. It turns out by 1981 there was a large 'journey' uncovered, possibly a journey from another planet in the galaxy far outside of our solar system.
edit on 26-5-2013 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Interesting case, this I had never heard of before.

I would however, like to draw everyone's attention to the source of this article, a man by the name of Bill Knell.

From what I can gather, this man is a compulsive liar, a crook, a fraud & many other things you will become aware of if you put his name into google & do a little digging, it's really not that difficult to pull up this information. He appeared on the Paracast show back in 2007 & made some outrageous claims about his background none of which held any weight. An example being that The New York Times & Wall Street Journal has covered his stuff, yet searching their archives with both Bill Knell & William Knell brings up nothing.

His wife & him also run a website called arizona puppies which has ripped countless people off whilst posing as a middle man to help get people to spend a couple of thousand dollars with the promise of a puppy...which of course, never gets delivered. Truly sick stuff.

Please note I am not saying that this incident never happened, it may well have. I also cannot prove personally the claims put against this man either. Just that Bill Knell is a bit controversial & his material should definitely be brought to question.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The story souded pretty interesting....the author sounds a bit of a "cronicle" liar.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pnormal

Yes it seems Bill Knell is not the most trustworthy of people. Whilst this does not automatically invalidate the story I think it's important we are aware of this.

It seems that the wolves did break out of their pens in 1977 at the zoo, beyond that it has been hard to find any other corroborating evidence to what he has to say.

There was this story and photo of a UFO from 1974 in the area.

www.ufoevidence.org...

But without digging deep there is not much else on the "zoo" mutilations that can be verified. I think we should be highly cautious. The story may be highly entertaining but seems thin on verifiable facts.

top topics

join