It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sound of Heaven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Pain, suffering, disease, death. Corruption, deception, injustice, helplessness. Selfishness, hedonism, hatred, self-loathing. This world, wonderful though it is in many ways, is not ultimately a happy place.

Heaven is. And it is filled with music.

"Then I saw a lamb with the marks of sacrifice on him...

...each of the elders had a harp; they held golden bowls full of incence, the prayers of God's people, and they were singing a new song:

'You are worthy to receive the scroll and break it's seals, for you were slain and by your blood you bought for God people of every tribe and language, nation and race...'

As I looked I heard, all round the throne and the living creatures and the elders, the voices of many angels, thousands on thousands, myriads on myriads. They proclaimed with loud voices:

'Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth, wisdom and might, honour and glory and praise!'

Then I heard all created things, in heaven, on earth, under the earth, and in the sea, crying:

'Praise and honour, glory and might, to him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb for ever!'"

Revelation 5:6-13

That, my friends is the sound of Heaven itself. It is the sound of something unearthly: hearts filled with the knowledge of the God of sacrificial Love. All the pain of this world is not worthy to be compared with the glory of what is going to be. The only way it can be expressed is in exuberant, yet humble adoration of the source of that unearthly Love, revealed in the Son of God.

I have seen everything I described initially. To an enormous degree. But the vision of what is to come fills the soul with hope, and longing that will ultimately be fulfilled.

"Hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts..."

Romans 5:5

The love of God in the heart of a true disciple of Christ is a foretaste.

And it just has to be shared. When God reveals these things to you in the midst of the darkest trials of life it has to be shouted out loud: there IS hope. The resurrection of Christ, the Lamb of God, inaugurated hope. Nothing can overcome it. The Cross has destroyed the power of everything I listed that has been the downfall of individuals, and of this world. Death itself is but a release to enter the songs of Heaven. What a hope. What a future.

Anyone else want to add some heavenly music in praise of what God has done through his Son? Go ahead, share it!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

No war in the history of the universe can compare to the ultimate peace of "Heaven".

I heard those words during an intense meditation once.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

That's a beautiful message.

"...and He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

Revelation 21:4

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Love exists without God, too.
When I was little, I remember always being told that without God, nobody can do anything in their lives, nobody can love or live or be at peace, nobody can have any fulfillment.
It's all lies and brainwashing, sorry. I'm perfectly capable of loving people to the full definition of the word, and your God has nothing to do with that. All the people who aren't Christians, Muslims or Jews are fully capable of loving others, and your God has nothing to do with that. Peace can be had just as easily without God.

Hey parents, children, human beings, apparently if you don't worship the Christian God, you've never actually loved anybody. Apparently you're not capable of experiencing that without God.

Pain, suffering, disease, death. Corruption, deception, injustice, helplessness. Selfishness, hedonism, hatred, self-loathing.

Yeah, I think you forgot to mention that one look through the bible will attribute all of those things to your God also. No, no, he never ordered us to slaughter each other, he never sent plagues and diseases on us and eradicated us in mass numbers due to simple jealousy and rage, no, your God loves us.

And from the words of Christ himself in your holy little book, "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace... Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."
edit on 26-5-2013 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Those who perceive the truth as lies and the sharing of the Good News as brainwashing have clearly rejected the message itself. The vehemence of your opposition speaks of your distaste for Heaven, and the holy, sinless One who made you, knows your every thought and motive, and will eventually expose them in all their corruption. Unless you at some point seek reconciliation through Jesus, the Lamb of God, who alone can remove sin, its guilt, and the hold it has on you.

apparently if you don't worship the Christian God, you've never actually loved anybody

It's sad that you have so perverse a conception of the Christian message. Either you have heard it perverted, or have perverted it yourself. Nonetheless there is an element of truth in that statement, to this degree: the quality of God's love, being utterly selfless, as displayed perfectly in the Son of God, who left the adoration of Heaven to suffer humiliation, bear the consequences of human sin, and offer forgiveness to any willing to turn from it through faith in Him, IS something only present in those who have been born again into the hope of Heaven. Albeit to a lesser degree than in the Son of God Himself.

Those who have experienced the love of God can emulate it. Those who love sin more than God do still have the ability to love, seeing as they bear remnants of the stamp of their Maker. Yet they are ultimately under the control of their own selfish desires, and so could never emulate the love of Christ, who willingly suffered unspeakable anguish and suffering yes, for his friends — but also for his enemies, for those who spurned him, spat on him, and even crucified him, cursing his name.

He did not come to bring peace in that he knew there would be division between those willing to believe and turn from sin, and those who love sin too much to turn from it. In point of fact it is the rejection of Christ that causes the division. If all who heard his message received it with the joy it deserves there would be no division at all.

And indeed plagues and diseases were indeed sent as indications of His love. As any loving parent will tell you, it is love that motivates a parent to give the direst warnings and, if need be, consequences, if it is the only way left to wake stubborn hearts and wills to see extreme danger (—in this case by rejecting the mercy of the God of love).

edit on 26/5/13 by pause4thought because: brackets added

new topics

top topics

join