It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The IRS Scandal: You Are Alone in Your Outrage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
After watching the hearings on C-Span, one would guess their members of Congress are upset at the IRS because of its over reaching. Perhaps because of its seemingly willful disregard for oversight. It could even be a bit of partisanship.

None of these things would be accurate.

Members of Congress and even the President are upset because the IRS is doing what it is supposed to do. Well, at least in theory with some political cherry picking involved.

The IRS targeted some 501c4's for possible law violations. This would be hard to do since the laws written for these groups are already pretty lose. What is a 501c4?

en.wikipedia.org...(c)_organization#501.28c.29.284.29

That is the book definition. In practice, they are a politician's gravy train. The trough at which they feed. The vehicle which corporate person-hood drowns out your legitimate voice in your own governance.

www.opensecrets.org...

Any interference from any uppity agency rocking that boat is sure to draw the ire of those for whom the ride is well maintained.

So, you may be upset because you see this as yet another example of yet another government tentacle reaching too deep with too much power. Please do not be fooled into believing your politicians share your outrage for the same reasons. They are upset because the IRS is not built to target them and their benefactors, political flavor be damned.

The IRS is supposed to target you. When the IRS learns its lesson and gets its sights back on the American public, your politician's outrage will disappear. You and your outrage will be left alone without a voice.

Until the 501c4's, the Citizens United ruling, and the power of lobbyists are scorched from the DC landscape, you will remain alone. So will I and all 300+ million regular Americans. What seems absurd about that thought?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Doesn't matter what scandal breaks in DC, at the end of the day no one of substance will be held accountable, no one will be arrested, fired, suspended, or written up. A patsy or 2 may take the fall, a light fall at that, but that's about as good as it get. Criminals run the gov't with their criminal friends who both are above the law, and that's all there is too it.

As far as C-SPAN goes, I enjoyed this clip from last week.

Rep Mike Kelly Receives Standing Ovation BLASTING IRS on IRS Scandal

edit on 26-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Agreed. The video is good theater. Makes one feel good but unfortunately, as you say, what good will it do?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
He should have simpl spanked the guy.....the IRS (in Fact ALL goverment people) seem to have this over reaching sense of entitlement.
Like they are a cut above the peons, thus may treat them like lab rats, with no compunctions.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thanks Swills and Stirling. I appreciate the input.

***BREAK***

Amazing...two responses. I guess if I had said this was Obama's doing or the NWO at work, maybe more would have said something.

Instead, it is just cold reality. Moneyed interests and their toadies want to remain in the shadows so no one cares. The discussion along party lines or reptilian overlords is far more interesting. Unfortunately it is far less useful.

The crazy thing is, we could do nothing against reptilian overlords (I guess???). But on this one? Too easy. Call 'em all out. Fire 'em up. Their junk is flapping in the breeze. Yet, even while bent over, they have no fear. The American public is sedate (maybe sedated?) and concerned about other things. I guess life must still be pretty good for the most part. Tall cotton and puppy dogs all around. Plenty of cash left over to burn on these turds.

Wow....

top topics

join