It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO experience

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

looks like you just copied my post. Did you have something to add or any additional questions?

Let me know..

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate
reply to post by g2v12

looks like you just copied my post. Did you have something to add or any additional questions?

Let me know..

Its on page #2

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by g2v12
My experience is set on a more personal level. Its not something I would share in public due to my profession. Even in a forum such as this, at least not on a public page. As for finding people who can relate, my experience with forums has been nothing of the sort. I think that UFO forums tend to attract those who are either using the subject matter to project unrelated trauma or people who feel somehow threatened by folks who believe in extraterrestrial visitation. If there are individuals who are indeed experiencers of unworldly events, abductees, contactees, etc., they are very hard to find.
edit on 18-8-2013 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)

I couldn't agree with you more regarding who typically shares in the UFO forums. As far as me putting myself out there, meh, I don't see the harm. It's not like I'm out there claiming to have been anal probed and stuff. I've actually had another experience also which is much more recent but less spectacular then the one I posted. The more recent one could be explained as a heilocopter I suppose but I doubt it.

Anyway, you certainly peeked my interest regarding your personal story. If I didn't know any better I'd say you were itching to share it.
If so, feel free to PM me. I'll be heading to bed soon as I have work in the morning but would be very interested to hear your story, or at least what you are comfortable with sharing.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by g2v12
My experience is set on a more personal level. Its not something I would share in public due to my profession. Even in a forum such as this, at least not on a public page. As for finding people who can relate, my experience with forums has been nothing of the sort. I think that UFO forums tend to attract those who are either using the subject matter to project unrelated trauma or people who feel somehow threatened by folks who believe in extraterrestrial visitation. If there are individuals who are indeed experiencers of unworldly events, abductees, contactees, etc., they are very hard to find.
edit on 18-8-2013 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)

I couldn't agree with you more regarding who typically shares in the UFO forums. As far as me putting myself out there, meh, I don't see the harm. It's not like I'm out there claiming to have been anal probed and stuff. I've actually had another experience also which is much more recent but less spectacular then the one I posted. The more recent one could be explained as a heilocopter I suppose but I doubt it.

Anyway, you certainly peeked my interest regarding your personal story. If I didn't know any better I'd say you were itching to share it.
If so, feel free to PM me. I'll be heading to bed soon as I have work in the morning but would be very interested to hear your story, or at least what you are comfortable with sharing.

I PM'd my story. If you didn't receive it, let me know and I'll do it again.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Great discussion going between you and G.

There's a lot to be said for being able to talk freely, as it were, from behind avatars. We can be more safely vulnerable and as such more truthful. You can usually tell when someone is using an avatar in a responsible--enough--manner. I feel that here.

Funny you mention that because I have one that I haven't shared here that might fit that description. Less spectacular, like yours, than my first and only other sighting. Also that it could have been have been a Silent Helicopter, if they can be that quiet, or ???

My "like-my-sister" cousin and I were just driving around our home mountain here in N. Alabama. It had been a couple of months, so were catching up on life, after going out to eat.

She was driving and to the right out my window I saw what first appeared to be a very bright star or possibly a helicopter with spot or bright "headlight." After watching it for about 15 seconds I had her pull over.

The sky was clear except for some low whispers of cloud. We got out and whatever it was, was almost certainly low because it moved through some of those cloud whispers. The light the size you just might expect of a helicopter flying just a little higher than if they were following a car say.

It was almost motionless at first glance, but never quite motionless. It would move up a bit and then down, and then bob a little left and right. I think most serious skywatchers are familiar with the autokinetic effect and can correct it quickly. This wasn't that.

It did this for maybe two minutes and then smoothly and rather quickly accelerated to what might be a moderate helicopter speed and proceeded towards our direction and right over our heads. Zero sound and smooth movement. The closer it got the more self-luminous it appeared. Off-white in color.

We could see it for maybe another minute before we lost it over some distant woods. It was flying, if I had my bearings correctly that night, towards Huntsville and the Southern Space Rocketry hub. They do work on the design of sophisticated UAVs at Redstone Arsenal I've heard so, maybe.

At the very least, as far as I can see, the rumors that we have totally silent helicopters could explain it. Or some exotically propelled UAV mebbe? I'm an ISS fan, so, not that.

Like my first experience, I also couldn't help but to think that if it wasn't either of those then it could even have been something, um, "organic" might we say? The main reason I say that is because it went from that lazy bobbing around to a smooth and steady-straight trajectory like an Octopus right as it reaches speed at the extension of it's get-away" stroke.

Amazing almost-antigravity-like technology or baffling anomaly I don't know. But it was cool to see it!

Sorry to be so long-winded. But I feel better having finally shared that here.

edit on 19-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Yeah, that info about Redstone and UAVs I heard turned out to be right.

…Redstone houses the Tactical UAV Project Office, Redstone Test Center (RTC)…

"Test Center"...does that suggest test flights? Kinda, sorta does, but it doesn't say "test flight" center so I dunno?

Redstone Arsenal remains the center of testing, development, and doctrine for the Army's missile programs. Besides the U.S. Army Materiel Command and the U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Life Cycle Management Command, , the Missile Defense Agency, the Missile and Space Intelligence Center, and other operations…

…Redstone Arsenal continues to host the Marshall Space Flight Center, NASA's field center for propulsion analysis and development, which developed the Saturn rocket family in the 1960s and propulsion systems for the Space Shuttle in the 1970s and '80s.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not to mention the Marshall Space Flight Center was Werner von Braun's baby.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Good.

Being probed, as I understand it, is bad enough . . . while one was at work would be insult to injury. LOL.

How did your friends and relatives respond to your experience?

What percentage respected your experience vs mocked you?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Friends and family know i am not the type of person to talk out my ass. I would say most have assumed i likely misidentified what I saw. Which is entirely possible but show me anything made on earth that fits the description of the drawings i posted above.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

I live in Madionsivlle, KY and I grew up on Thorn Hill (A house my parents built on a huge hill all by ourselves) and when I was about 6-8 (So about 2002-2005) I was sitting by myself outside on my playground when I looked up and saw an enormous ship hovering above me and it stood there for several seconds before flying off and I remember falling backwards and hitting my head hard on the ground afterwards and I woke up to my sister being worried about me and asking if I was ok. I remember this like a memory but I can't remember ANYTHING from my childhood except for this imagery. I've literally forgotten EVERYTHING before I was 10.

When I try to remember something it is completely black and the furthest back I can remember vividly is when I was in 5th grade.

I don't know if it was just my derpy little kid brain or if I had actual alien contact but SOOO much stuff happened in that big house on Thorn Hill that It's hard to forget. I remember thinking I saw ghosts all the time that talked to me and that I would witness strange things walking around in our enormous field. It was a perfect horror film house. The stairs winded downwards and had a large window following them so you were completely exposed when walking up the stairs.

Just recently I learned that my town, along with HOPKINSVILLE are the locations of two of the most well documented alien encounters in history... so... I'm starting to believe what I saw was real.

Does anyone else live around this part of Kentucky? Have any stories?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lyles

Wow, it looks like you created an account just to post...nice.

You have a very interesting story and to not recall anything before the age of 10 is unfortunate and could be related to the experience. I would guess either because of the way you hit your head or perhaps the memory wipe of the experience backfired....assuming they do that stuff.

For me, I remember much of my childhood, albiet mostly negative. I remember kindergarten and riding the tricycles, I remember me and my uncle Johnny walking my brother to school before I even attended school. I remember collecting garbage pale kids and g.i. joes. I even remember the jelly donut my grandmother gave me before school in kindergarten. I remember my grandmother getting upset because I called her "the old bat" that I heard my uncle call her....etc, etc. I cherish many of those memories so I can imagine how that must frustrate you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join