It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No mind, no judgement and you will be ok? Think again...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Lets suppose the judgment scale ranges from -100 to +100.
The no mind no judgment fellows will say to you: don't judge, its not good or bad, they will say everything is zero, not positive nor negative, its zero!

We all know that judgment causes emotions. If you say something is good, a good emotion is generated, If you say something is bad, a bad emotion is generated, If you say something is nor good or bad which emotion is generated? Neutral emotion.

Positive emotions, here is a small list:
joyful, in love, enthusiastic, serene...

This is what you get when you judge something as positive.

Negative emotions, here is a list:
Fearful, hateful, angry, sad, desperate, anxious, abandoned, rejected, alone.

This is what you get when you judge something as negative..

Neutral emotions:
Indifferent, apathetic, insensible, detached, unresponsive, unemotional, lethargic, disinterested

This is what you get when you judge something as neutral, when you judge something as 0, not good nor bad..
This is the no mind, no judgement theory..

So, how do you want to feel?

Still on the no mind, no judgment bandwagon?

I say: find reasons to make positive judgments of life events, that's my way, that's how i find my emotional balance.

You? Do what works fine for you but stay in touch with your emotions and learn to manage them.

Take care

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yes!

Disinterest isn't enlightenment. It's disinterest. Passion isn't failure. It's passion.

Thank you for challenging the ego-death cult that roams these forums. It's refreshing to see some pushback here.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Thanks, i am a bit tired of the observer and be happy gang.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

When life is delightful why the need to judge?
It is never bad and it can never be better - so what's all the fuss about?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
it can never be better

Then why do plants grow?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam

it can never be better

Then why do plants grow?

Is a flower better than a seed?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Do you like the observe theory? You are judging it as good and it makes you feel good.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Do you like the observe theory? You are judging it as good and it makes you feel good.

What is the 'observe theory'? Maybe you could elaborate a little so I know what you are referring to (hard to judge when I don't know what you are talking about).
I do not have to judge any thing to feel good. I see the light and it is good.

edit on 27-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Eh... I don't know. I tend to see that objectively, nothing has any value; on the other hand, subjectively, I attach value to things personally. So that I experience a (neutral) non-judgmental view and a biased judgemental view simultaneously.

Sometimes this can even be three fold-(1) I judge this "good", (2) my collective judges it "bad", (3)objectively it is neither.

Sometimes that even goes to more viewpoints (especially since I am bi-cultural)

But it is the base of recognizing the neutral state which allows me to recognize all the other views possible and existing.

It also allows me to recognize that I can change my emotions, as you point out, by changing my judgement- it is not universal, static or "true" in any objective way.

I can also choose not to stir up any emotions at all if they are not needed at that moment, bu simply remaining in the neutral position. For emotions are energy, and that is good to stimulate when you are going to USE that energy in movement or brainwork. But if you are just producing it for no usage, then it can be detrimental to health.

The value upon remaining consistantly neutral and detached from all things is one I do not personally value. It does nto provide sufficient energy for very active physical and mental investment in experiences. It is better suited to a lifestyle of little physical action and reliance upon subconscious automated reflexes for survival (which has it's own merit and I have delved into for years, but no longer choose to at this time).

edit on 27-5-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I say: find reasons to make positive judgments of life events, that's my way, that's how i find my emotional balance.

You? Do what works fine for you but stay in touch with your emotions and learn to manage them.

Take care

You have to manage your emotions because they disturb you so you are always running away from what is by seeking better because you don't actually feel that great - do you? Your emotional state is what is most important to you and you are having to cope with it - trying so hard to stay away from the bad. Trying to balance it, is hard work.
You want to feel good because you don't feel good.
If you felt good all the time you would not be seeking or denying.

Your suffering is 'wanting to feel good'. Why not just be in awe at whatever feeling arises? Whatever arises is life itself - the light show is fantastic no matter how it appears.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Take care

You have to manage your emotions because they disturb you so you are always running away from what is by seeking better because you don't actually feel that great - do you? Your emotional state is what is most important to you and you are having to cope with it - trying so hard to stay away from the bad. Trying to balance it is hard work.

Your suffering is 'wanting to feel good'. Why not just be in awe at what ever feeling arises? Whatever arises is life itself - the light show is fantastic no matter how it appears.

Your solution? Everything is fantastic, you judge everything as fantastic.
Cant you see there is a judgment!! For you, all life is fantastic, you judge everything as fantastic and you expect to feel fantastic.

Thats what you are doing, so you are living by the positive side of things theory! Everything is positive because you want to feel positive all the time!! Are we that different? You too are trying to avoid negative judgement and negative feelings.

Its just the same.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Take care

You have to manage your emotions because they disturb you so you are always running away from what is by seeking better because you don't actually feel that great - do you? Your emotional state is what is most important to you and you are having to cope with it - trying so hard to stay away from the bad. Trying to balance it is hard work.

Your suffering is 'wanting to feel good'. Why not just be in awe at what ever feeling arises? Whatever arises is life itself - the light show is fantastic no matter how it appears.

Cant you see there is a judgment!! For you, all life is fantastic, you judge everything as fantastic and you expect to feel fantastic.

Thats what you are doing, so you are living by the positive side of things theory! Everything is positive because you want to feel positive all the time!! Are we that different? You too are trying to avoid negative judgement and negative feelings.

Its just the same.

I am not judging. I see the light and it is good.
The light appears as everything you could possibly imagine but it is not disturbing - I do not want to escape to something better - because there is nothing better.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I will share with you this insightful video which will show you -
'Beyond Feeling Good or Bad'

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Take care

Its just the same.

I am not judging. I see the light and it is good.
The light appears as everything you could possibly imagine but it is not disturbing - I do not want to escape to something better - because there is nothing better.

Not true!

There was a time in your life that you saw a lot of negative things, then one day you woke up and OMG, everything is fantastic, i cant judge anything as negative or neutral because everything is fantastic.

From then on, your view of reality is not negative, nor neutral, its positive, because now, you can only see reality as positive.

You cant judge reality as negative and neutral anymore, no more neutral and negative judgment, for you everything is great!

You still judge, but you can only judge as positive.

Because its your positive judgement of everything that makes you feel positive about everything...

Sorry, but i really think i am right on this, i don't think i am being stubborn.

Oh, and you said I was running away from negative? What about you? Such a radical treatment - no more negative and neutral anymore, everything is good - aren't you running away from negative? You reject negative so much that nothing is negative anymore... It surely looks like you are afraid of negative.

You know what? Even something initially judged as negative can be transformed into a positive judgment.
Turn lead into gold.
Alchemy
That´s what its all about, turn something negative into something positive.

That´s what you´ve done. The world was bad, now its allllll good!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I do not expect to feel anything - feelings arise and are felt. I do not want to change what is being felt - I feel it because it is life itself. You on the other hand deny life in favour of something other, you want something specific - you do not want what is provided, you want to escape life by going to the mind for a solution to life.
The play of light is feelings felt - vision, hearing, smell, sensations but the mind denies all this by taking you off finding solutions.
Do you need a solution? What are you actually trying to solve?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Not true!

There was a time in your life that you saw a lot of negative things, then one day you woke up and OMG, everything is fantastic, i cant judge anything as negative or neutral because everything is fantastic.

From then on, your view of reality is not negative, nor neutral, its positive, because now, you can only see reality as positive.

You cant judge reality as negative and neutral anymore, no more neutral and negative judgment, for you everything is great!

You still judge, but you can only judge as positive.

Because its your positive judgement of everything that makes you feel positive about everything...

Sorry, but i really think i am right on this, i don't think i am being stubborn.

You are not being stubborn - you can only see life the way you see it.
I do not judge everything as positive - I see that life just is. If a feeling or sensation arises it is felt - I do not label it as good or bad - it is just a sensation (the play of light)- sensations are constantly moving and changing as is everything. Reality is miraculous - it is not positive or negative.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Watch the video - it is a real gem.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Not true!

There was a time in my life when I suffered greatly and yes everything was negative and I did wake up and the suffering was gone - negativity was replaced by wonder and awe, peace and joy - which then set me on a journey to find out how it could have changed the way it did.
I found the source of my suffering - I found the source of human suffering.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Not true!

There was a time in my life when I suffered greatly and yes everything was negative and I did wake up and the suffering was gone - negativity was replaced by wonder and awe, peace and joy - which then set me on a journey to find out how it could have changed the way it did.

You found the source, which is? To value events as negative or neutral.
Why dont you admit it?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Not true!

You found the source, which is? To value events as negative or neutral.
Why dont you admit it?

I found the source.
I do not give value to any thing. It is all miraculous.
Events are personal to you.
There are no events in reality - because reality is whole, it cannot be split into separate events.
Because you feel separate you separate everything - this is the root cause of all suffering.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join