It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge anti-gay marriage protest in France

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

As far as I’m concerned Russia has it all over either France or the US on this particular issue.

I have no idea what is the Russian stance on this. I'd be curious.

...drawing a comparison between non smoking laws and pro gay laws, at least in the US, is fair game IMO. For instance, consider that while every single person in a bar might be dying to light up but they can’t because people they have never met and who will never pass through the door at any point in their lives have said that they may not do that. OTOH, you’d have a hard time finding a town ordinance or state law on the books anywhere in this country that prohibits gay bars. Why? Well mainly because smokers are, for the most part, live and let live types who lack any semblance of political cohesion while gays are extremely cohesive in their ever increasing demands.

I am a heavy smoker for many decades, just to let you know my feelings about smoking rules. Not that long ago there were few or none. You can find that among the reasons I live in Mexico. We have a fairly open and tolerant society here, and actually with a lot of respect and courtesy at the same time, but we don't sweat the little things much.

You have gay bars because that is the clientele, much the same way as you have sports bars. Social clubs will attract a particular kind of clientele, whatever they are geared for. I don't care much for alcohol abuse centers myself, it's too rowdy of a drug for my tastes. I prefer a coffee or tea house. So I just don't hang out in bars. Smoker's club perhaps? Well, in the US, not likely. Getting inebriated is fine as long as you don't blow smoke. Pity. Being gay is not not a crime so there is no law to keep them from hanging out in public places. Parole violations for associating with known criminals may keep a lid on gangster bars, but no law against being gay.

As Halfoldman pointed out, the issue of health and second hand smoke has always been a smoke screen (pun intended) thrown up to raise costs, drive smokers underground and turn them into pariahs. Oh and never forget all the taxes added to the cost of each pack “to cover the medical expenses of smokers." That went up in smoke, too, not one plug nickel ever went toward a smoker’s hospital or doctor bill. So who gives a damn about these people’s general comfort or what they might think stinks to high heaven? But then who knows, maybe the revenuers will come up with a way to tax unmarried gays extra to pay for diseases related to their proclivities.

IMO, you can't have nicotine because it is a vitamin - nicotinic acid, vitamin B-3, niacin they call it now just so you don't go getting bright ideas about how it might be beneficial if not for the burning vegetable matter inhaled.

I agree, those taxes paid on cigs are paying that cost to society - or it should be.

There are a lot of diseases being passed around by young unmarried heterosexuals too. Men are especially dangerous carriers of a disease that lasts a lifetime and takes 9 months to incubate and causes a lot of swelling. When the carrier can't be found it is often your tax dollars that pay for the woman's care during many years of suffering. Gays don't pass that disease along unless they revert to heterosexual practices.

Oh, and speaking of “I” oriented people. Here’s a good one for ya, although you’re in Mexico so you may already know this:

Currently, same-sex marriage is only legally allowed in Mexico City, where a same-sex marriage law was enacted in 2010. The court's ruling comes from a lawsuit filed by three gay couples against the state of Oaxaca.
www.policymic.com...

Three couples. Yay democracy.

I know of a couple ladies that moved out of my town to go live in Mexico City and get hitched. There should be at least four couples there now, but I think there might be more.

Americans are very democratic. You know the majority is always right all the time. Sometimes the government steps in and overturns a decision now and then, let races inter-breed and that sort of thing, but Americans get the kind of society they choose. I am democratic enough that I really never want to set foot back there blow smoke up their backsides, ever again. You got your republic, and you can keep it.

Still would kinda like to know what the Russkies are doing that is so good. Aren't they still the bad guys? The ones we never want to be like?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

Originally posted by Propulsion
I don’t have a problem with gay people, but I DO have a problem with gay people making out, kissing, etc., in public.

Gay people need to do this. It's part of being gay. It's the excitement of rebelling against convention. You know, it's all about the forbidden fruit. People want what they are told they can't have.

When God told Adam and Eve not to eat of the fruit of the tree in the midst of the garden, what did they do?

That became the most interesting and exciting fruit, because it was denied them, so they ate.

Having people see them kiss in public, is the excitement. They know people don't approve. That increases the heart beat. Adds to the pleasure of being a "rebel".

If everybody ignored them, they'd go find a room. But, in private, they can't find that much excitement, because there's nothing there. There's no natural attraction between two men. They must do it in public to get the rush.

The attraction two gay men find towards each other is created by us, the disapproving public. We create the forbidden fruit, with our attitudes.

edit on 28-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

you have it so wrong, i am not attracted to men because the populace disproves it, i don't hold hands with guys in public because it's 'Rebelling', why do you hold hands with the opposite sex in public? because you are attracted? because you feel a common bond and what to develop that? because of the animal sexual instinct? and gays are different because we are not 'Human' likewise?

you have attraction so wrong

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

It is a perverse unnatural attraction. Something somewhere along the way went wrong and something happened to make you confused and for whatever reason it led you to think you were attracted to members of the same sex. Now there are perverts everywhere telling everyone that is confused about anything that that's because they are gay and that's perfectly fine. What a load of bull. Same sex attraction is very unnatural and immoral.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

At least 35% are there because its a huge bitchy party. Humans are fairly predictable like that.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

What is more perverse, believing in the word of some big mystical sky wizard that can not be proven to even exist or sharing love with fellow human beings irrespective of whether they be female or male?

Your hatred contradicts the very words you supposedly uphold but you are too blinded by faith to even realise.

It is not too long ago that people like you were burning people at the stake for being witches...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by Darth_Prime

It is a perverse unnatural attraction. Something somewhere along the way went wrong and something happened to make you confused and for whatever reason it led you to think you were attracted to members of the same sex. Now there are perverts everywhere telling everyone that is confused about anything that that's because they are gay and that's perfectly fine. What a load of bull. Same sex attraction is very unnatural and immoral.

And people this homophobic are usually unsure about themselves, and need something to hide behind ,
"Praaaaaaaaaise the Lord!"

edit on 30/5/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

Homophobic suggests a hear of homosexuals. I fear no homosexual nor do I support their perverse lifestyle.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

1st I hate no one. Never said anything like that. When did disagree = hatred on this planet? That is the way a child thinks. " You either agree with me or you hate me",,, I can Love you and yet despise your lifestyle choice. You can love someone whole heartedly that you do not like, you can like someone passionately that you do not Love.
2nd God cannot be disproved either so how is believing in a God that spreads morals and values perverse? It's not, you choose to disbelieve in God because He says your Sin is a Sin and wrong, plain and simple.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Homophobic suggests a hear of homosexuals. I fear no homosexual nor do I support their perverse lifestyle.

Wrong!

Definition of homophobia
noun
[mass noun]

an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people.

oxforddictionaries.com...

I stand by my previous post

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

A phobia is a fear, always been defined as such. I stand by my response.
Homophobia:
irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals
www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

A phobia is a fear, always been defined as such. I stand by my response.
Homophobia:
irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals
www.merriam-webster.com...

Indeed it is a fear, but homophobia is not 'just' a fear as you tried to insinuate in your 1st post, it is also an 'aversion'

Definition of aversion
noun

a strong dislike or disinclination:

oxforddictionaries.com...
And please use the Oxford dictionary, it's our language after all.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

1st I hate no one. Never said anything like that. When did disagree = hatred on this planet? That is the way a child thinks. " You either agree with me or you hate me",,, I can Love you and yet despise your lifestyle choice. You can love someone whole heartedly that you do not like, you can like someone passionately that you do not Love.
2nd God cannot be disproved either so how is believing in a God that spreads morals and values perverse? It's not, you choose to disbelieve in God because He says your Sin is a Sin and wrong, plain and simple.

Firstly your post history on the subject of homosexuality clearly shows your bigoted views on the matter and no amount of semantics will change that. You are the exact opposite of what your religion preaches forgiveness etc etc.. by definition the anti-christ

Secondly what sin do you allude to? The fact that I am capable of rational thought and human decency does not mean I am gay (I presume this is the sin you are talking about) so your magic sky beast has no bearing on me, I choose not to believe because I am not weak minded to need such things..

Real people don't need a book to teach them morals and values..

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

My mythical sky beast as you call him says that you have rules and laws to follow and you hate that. Like I said before, this is the way a child thinks.

Well, forgive me for hating the rule that says you should stone disobedient children, or the one that says I should only beat my slave when he really deserves it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Apparently people like you need a book because apparently you have no values or morals. I suggest you pick it up and read as much as you can and pray for your soul.
My mythical sky beast as you call him says that you have rules and laws to follow and you hate that. Like I said before, this is the way a child thinks. Perverts will defend their sins until the very end I guess.

So what you are saying is without that book you would be immoral and have no values? so you would be a gay man, who wanted to kill little kids and the only thing stopping you is your book?
Lol
You have no idea do you...
Religion does not have a monopoly on morals you know.
If Jesus did come back he would weep for you because you are nothing more than a brainwashed bigot and thankfully you are in the minority here and one day you and others like you will die off.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Don't be ridiculous. Those were Old Testament Jewish laws and you are taking them mostly out of context. Jesus died to remove sins so condemnation is no longer our only option. Admit it, you just do not like anyone telling you you cannot do something. That just makes you want to do it more.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by kaylaluv

Don't be ridiculous. Those were Old Testament Jewish laws and you are taking them mostly out of context. Jesus died to remove sins so condemnation is no longer our only option. Admit it, you just do not like anyone telling you you cannot do something. That just makes you want to do it more.

The whole "homosexuality is an abomination" is part of the Old Testament Jewish law as well. Jesus never condemned two people loving each other.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
the agenda has been pushed for 30 years through the media feminism and hollywood in a way i think its good the further they push the harder they will fall

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

reply to post by boymonkey74

There you go talking out your butt again, NO I did not say without the Bible I would have no morales I said the other person needed it because he she or it had no values or morales. No sir Jesus would have no need to weep for me. I stand strong to his word and share his Gospel. You and the other Godless heathans would be the ones wept for. You have no idea. I have had runins with you on here before and you ought to know there is no winning this argument with me, I will not back down from you people ever.

Lol blimey and you wonder why Religion is dying off?
Godless? nope got my own God and he wasn't invented by someone else.
Just come out dude your God would approve

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join