It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woolwich murder probe: suspect Michael Adebolajo held in Kenya in 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Woolwich murder probe: suspect Michael Adebolajo held in Kenya in 2010

www.bbc.co.uk

He was believed to have been preparing to fight with Somali militant group al-Shabab, a Kenyan government spokesman told the BBC, and was later deported.

The Kenyan government had previously denied that Mr Adebolajo had ever visited the country, but spokesman Muthui Kariuki said there had been some confusion as he was arrested under a different name.

In video footage of his court appearance which emerged on Sunday, Mr Adebolajo is heard to say: "These people are mistreating us, we are innocent."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
So apparently he'd already been arrested in Kenya in 2010, under a different name (God knows why), apparently they were arrested for trying to link up with an Al Qaeda type group in Somalia. He was then cleared and deported back to the UK.

And apparently the other killer had taken part in "Muslim extremist marches" so was already known

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
That's a disturbing connection to make. There have been stories in the US for the better part of a decade about people dropping out of sight to go train with Al Shabab as well as Somali nationals from that group coming directly, but all ending back up in the US. I think the fact it's not been treated as a direct threat to the US is the only reason it's been as tolerated as it has been. I wonder if that isn't the same with England and Europe?

With Somalia being a no man's land of anarchy in many ways, and right to the present day unfortunately, there is no telling what kind of training or how professional some of these people get. My impression has been that some of the Afghan camps pre-2001 were very well run and effective, given what they had to start with for average recruits.

I wonder if there is more to come in more than just England?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So a terrorist killed another terrorist...what else is new?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This makes me fear for Africa, with an expanding Jihad north of us.

There's on-going xenophobia with the looting of Somalian, Bangladeshi and Pakistani shops in black townships last week.

Locals claim these shopkeepers are here illegally or via corruption, that they pay no real tax and just want to exploit the community and send the earnings home.
They show no investment in the local community whatsoever.
www.citypress.co.za...

However, apart from the struggle for sparse local resources, there's a growing fear that Islamists and terrorists may hide amongst the flood of immigrants.

SA citizens already have extra visa restrictions for the UK due to such fears.
Al-Qaeda is definitely in SA, as was highlighted again last week.
The official response from the ANC has been luke-warm, despite the apparent Islamist urban terror campaigns of the mid-1990s.
www.dailymaverick.co.za...

Clearly some come here for business only, yet despite the sporadic local mob attacks (politely called "xenophobia" in South Africa, whereas in Europe it would be racist, "fascist" attacks) they keep coming.
That makes me wonder how failed their homelands must truly be in modern terms, where Islamist insurgents fight Muslim control (not occupying forces).
What drives them to a developing nation like ours?

edit on 26-5-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join