It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless man called a bum, maybe this will change your perspective

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Most of the homeless people are there because of poor decisions they decided to make in their lives. Many are alcohol and drug abuse victims, but it was still their choice to partake in that.

I have little sympathy for them because they chose to give up.

Perfectly wrong. The guy is still alive, he hasn't given up.

Still even after the poor decisions, they walk among us. Poverty is a trap, and there are people who have never done drugs or alcohol that had other crises in life that got them into a state of homelessness.

There is a special curse for the calloused who tell an innocent homeless person to just get a job. Likely, the man is under extra stress for lack of support and has a mental illness which keeps him trapped. And the history of homelessness is a negative mark on his resume, that people don't want to hire those who can't self-sustain and who don't have an address, or worse, who have an address in a bad neighborhood.

Who knows, maybe this person gets 800 dollars a day begging on street corners and gets social security on the side.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by purplemer

You never know what another mans life is like until you walk in his shoes. I am a conservative but I also for social welfare. We must help the people who can not help themselves.

I agree... Before calling someone a bum, walk a mile in their shoes... Then, you'll be a mile away from them, and you'll have their shoes!

But seriously, the guy is a living plea for human compassion, and human dignity. We often walk past such people without thinking, and we don't know of their private despair.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arolexion

Most of the homeless people are there because of poor decisions they decided to make in their lives. Many are alcohol and drug abuse victims, but it was still their choice to partake in that.

why is it that your posts always make me pissed off? Like in EVERY one of your posts i see you always have something rude, heartless, and completely ignorant to say? People like you annoy me so much. People like you is one of the major reasons the world is so chaotic and in shambles now a day. Get help.

Snobs don't like bums. They prefer upper middle class nuclear families and a minivan with the family dog in a two story house with a picket fence, where the husband works for the government, and it's a shiny happy day without having to regard the feelings of those "other people, ew". Malignant narcissism comes to mind. Hey did you know you can have Rivals?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

This is an example of stereotyping, and it just shows not only your ignorance on the issue, but also your unwillingness to change your views based on factual evidence. I have long wondered why so many Americans have little compassion for people. They attempt to rationalize their racism, bigotry, and profiling by saying things like the person I quoted in this post. They attempt to dehumanize people, or say that anyone can change their lives based on hard word and effort. This is just not true. The "American Dream" died long ago. In this day and age a person may not be able to support themselves with a menial job, much less a family, and this was not always the case in America.

And so many people have bought into the university racket, yet what percentage of those who graduated from a university still do not make enough money to support themselves? Even specialized careers, like airline pilots, who are in charge of the safety of hundreds of passengers, if they are lucky may make 20 grand a year. There are airline pilots who have to work other jobs to support themselves and their families, and some are even on food stamps. Yet there are people who say that anyone who is on food stamps of government assistance is lazy. The fact that these are pilots for major airlines apparently means nothing. These pilots are just lazy and that is the bottom line. What a load of crap.

The same is true of homeless people. Many are homeless today because of the housing bubble that took place recently. People still want to blame everyone but Wall Street for that, which shows how ignorant they really are to the rackets and cabals present in this country, especially in the financial industry. Republicans are so against helping people, claiming self-reliance, etc., because they do not wish to open their eyes to the truth. They want to dehumanize people based on how much money they make. Yet they still take advantage of people in their corporations, for those who are involved in them. They are part of the problem, yet they still do not see that fact.

And where was the Republican outrage when we the people had to bail out the crooks on Wall Street, who are intimately connected with the large banks and investment banks? Wasn't that a handout? The hypocrisy is astounding.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
reply to post by Hopechest

That is not true. You have a delusional perspective. Open your eyes, maybe try to talk to some of the homeless and I promise you will have a different perception of the homeless.

I'd say many maybe even most homeless suffer from mental illness. Those with mental illness are much more likely to abuse drugs. Many good hard working people have a streak of bad luck and end up on the streets, while many bad drug addicts get lucky and live a prosperous life.

If I didn't buy a boat when I had a good paying job I may have been homeless when I couldn't find work for 2+ years.

I have, I've worked at homeless shelters and the story is all the same.

There are legitimate cases and those people I would have no problem helping but all of the addicts or lazy people I simply do not care about.

Most do not suffer from mental illness, in fact...many of them fake it and i've seen them fake it.

Its pathetic

You do know that what you put out in this world, you receive?

You put out a cold, heartless, no sympathy energy...and it's what you will receive. Maybe not now, however maybe......actually I'm sure.......it will come when you LEAST need it. Be that when you have lost a loved one, are sick or old.

All the preparing in the world can't prepare you for if you get something such as cancer. All the preparing in the world can't have you ready for if your body is destroyed in an accident and you need someone to change your diapers.

I'm not wishing any of this on you either...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by blupblup

I don't feel any sympathy for them.

You're probably not a very nice human being.

Guess I am not either.....and who cares about your opinion.

I believe in giving a helping hand, but only to help them get back on their feet. We are breeding generations of people WHO EXPECT THINGS. When society doesn't and shouldn't be giving.

Not everyone is entitled to a home, free healthcare or even food.

(and spare me about children, of course their parents should be responsible for their needs)
edit on 26-5-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

I guess you desire to live in a dog eat dog world? A world that isn't civilized and no one should feel entitled to anything.?

Fortunately most of us choose to live in a civilized society.

Are you even fit enough to survive in a dog eat dog world. Are you young, physically fit and trained to kill? Or would you yourself be food in a dog eat dog world?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantConfusion3

My God you are heartless. I have 2 children and because of a serious back injury and all the medical bills that followed, I lost EVERYTHING and was very close to being homeless. Some things you cannot prepare for unless your family has plenty of money to go around and doesn't mind sharing, which is generally not the case.

I am guessing you were born blessed and have never had to experience true hardship. Most people are a little more understanding because they work hard and pay their bills and realize they STILL are on a fine line between having and having nothing.

Homelessness CAN happen to ANYONE. Even YOU.

How about not having kids until you can afford them?

I haven't had a helping hand since I turned 18....I did not use drugs or get myself pregnant....sacrificed many a relationship because I chose to work and go to school instead of running out to the clubs on the weekend or buying new clothes.

I can diagnose your problem with this post, and it's one many people have.

You're one of those people who society would deem ugly (sorry) and you had no CHOICE but to make all the decisions needed to excel in our society. The years of being called ugly or weird made you work harder for success and you are now in the position to where you want to make all those perceived people pay for ridiculing you and at the same time acknowledge your success.

You can deny it, but we all know the truth.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingears

Sounds to me like you are jealous because you have lived your life the "right way" by your morals, and as you stated you have missed out on things because you deemed them un-affordable. If we waited for the perfect opportunity to do things in life, we'd all be spending a lot of time waiting around doing nothing.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

King

I know folks who have "waited for the perfect time" to have children, buy a home, etc. In reality that time really never comes. We never know what tomorrow holds and what is right today may change by midnight tonight IMO. I can agree with you.

Hopechest... I am with you on a few things here. I am of the old school - Give a hand up... not a hand out mentality myself. But as others have said, to feel NO sympathy for those who "brought it on themselves" still doesn't sit well. It doesn't have to of course. This is still the free world right now and we still have the right to disagree. Even though I despise the thought of money that I could use for myself and my family going to help those who don't or refuse to help themselves, I do still feel sympathy for them. They are still someone's daughter, son, father, mother, sister, brother, etc. Somewhere someone's heart is breaking over and over for the person you feel no empathy towards.

You made all the right decisions. What if one of your children does not? What if one of them slides down that ladder of success into the pits of failure with those whom you feel nothing for? What if you are no longer here to help them? What if nobody else is willing to help them because they ASSume they know why the person is living this lot in life?

We struggle to keep what we have and it pisses me off to no end when I see folks using the system and getting money that I paid in that they do not need nor deserve. I am SO with you in that area... believe me. But none of us knows what tomorrow will bring. I am not trying to give you a hard time, as you have gotten a lot of that already. I am just laying out a "What If" for you to mull over.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

You think people choose to be drug addicts? Like they wake up one day and say "hmmmm, I'm gonna go get me a crack habbit toady!" lol... It can happen in many different ways and it often starts when you are young and irresponsible...

Also people can find themselves homeless for other reasons like perhaps loosing a job and then not being able to get another in time. Then debts start snowballing etc...

Life isn't as easy as you make it out to be! My guess is you are pretty young and have had life pretty cushy... I hope for your sake you do not fall on hard times.

Oh and if they had given up you wouldn't see them at all!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee32
You think people choose to be drug addicts? Like they wake up one day and say "hmmmm, I'm gonna go get me a crack habbit toady!" lol... It can happen in many different ways and it often starts when you are young and irresponsible...

Being young and irresponsible should not in anyway absolve someone that made the dumb choice to take the first drug or have the first drink. No one held a gun to your , not you poster, head and said, "shoot up this heroin or else I will kill you Jack Bauer"

As a side note... I saw an interesting scenario play out in a South Philly Food Market earlier today.
If you make some assumptions about the outward appearance, smell and demeanor of a person and can assume certain things more likely then not indicate that person is homeless and/or inebriated in someway :

A guy came in to a store and walked towards the fruit section, he then proceeded to go 4 different displays and pick up various items and dropped 3 of them on the floor. He then picked up what looked like an orange and took a bite about of it. About that time security showed up . They didn't physically move him they basically surrounded him and the lead person told the guy to stop , at least that is what it sounded like but I couldn't hear it 100%. They walked the guy out and allowed him to keep the orange. I assume they asked him to leave the premise but when he didn't and started to panhandle in front of the store it looked like they called the police as they showed up a few minutes later.

Overall I thought it was a very timely scenario for this thread and I give the store credit. It would have been easy to press charges or make a bigger deal about it. At least from what could be seen they didn't call the police when he first dropped the items but rather when he refused to leave and was begging for money at the exit.
edit on 27-5-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo

maybe if this country lightened up on drug users and allowed them to work we wouldn't be talking about this, its called fascism disguised as legalese.

Oh no you just got me wound up.

Let me tell you about drug users. They have money to buy the houses, and the cars, and they have spouses and children. They get their money by victimizing others who want to have nothing to do with the culture. They steal, they cheat, and drug users are in all sorts of employment places. Then it goes up their nose, and they go into hospitals for treatments, and prisons, and detoxes. The society today has lots of resources for drug users to get off the street and into a place to live where they can be intoxicated where nobody sees them. They aren't all poor and on the street. They are on your radio shows and your TV shows and in your music groups, and big business and politics has drug users.

Drug users employ one another. I remember a job where the competitive applicants, the one with the party animal record got the job. They make millions to support their habits, I remember a figure in the 1990s was somewhere of 800 dollars a day habits for an example.

At one homeless shelter I encountered, most of the women there had abusive boyfriends or husbands to run from, while some of them had injuries or image problems, like a mouth full of rotted teeth, where securing work was a struggle. These aren't long term homeless, but six months at a time. They had college degrees, grown children that had lived healthy lives, and a long work history with clean criminal records. Crisis hit them and they needed help to survive. They were all sober without habits, legal and had good morals. They were at the same time underqualified and overqualified workers, and honestly if you have it in your residence history that you lived in a shelter, human resources will treat you like junk and put your resume at the bottom of the pile. They want the homeless to crawl and grovel in front of the middle class. The wealthy don't give a care, they have money for fences and wisdom about humanity, but the middle class can be poisonous snakes to the poor.

When I was a child, in the car with my father through downtown LA, my father pointed out a homeless man on the street. He said that sometimes they are there because their home life was harder than their life on the street. A couple decades later I discovered the truth that it is a matter of the path of least resistance. I've had family that has chosen homelessness because the house standard was drug-free or leave, and they left. I've seen one of the family leave because the house was overrun by violence and they wanted peace. It's never a clear picture how the homeless get where they are, but it should be a clear picture that the idea is to get out of it, which is why a decent 1st world country has programs to combat this problem. It's something like social debt forgiveness, which everybody needs sometimes because we're (mostly) all human beings on ATS.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

The "American Dream" died long ago. In this day and age a person may not be able to support themselves with a menial job, much less a family, and this was not always the case in America.

I totally disagree with this statement. Compared to life 100 years ago, life in America today is easy. Our lives are cushioned by a mind-boggling number of helping agencies, both governmental and non-governmental . Did you know that 100 years ago kids worked 12 hour days in factories with no health care insurance? That there was no social security, no programs for the mentally ill besides asylums, little or no help for people with addictions, no food stamps, no subsidized housing...I could go on. Back then when you lost your arm on the job they just fired you- there was no workman's comp. Yes back in those days people with limited incomes lived in boarding houses or cheap hotels - sometimes entire families lived in a boarding house or hotel. They lived in multi-generational houses or took in boarders or roommates. When I was a kid back in the 70s, we had boarders in our tiny house to earn extra money. Many people today fail to live within their means and part of the problem is the "credit card" with encourages people to live outside of their means and become trapped in debt they find to be a terrible burden that keeps growing and growing. The problem isn't our incomes so much, but what we do with that income- all the things we think we need to buy. Well, no age is perfect- every age has its problems. Our age has its problems too. This homeless man may have no friends or family to take him in and that suggests to me that the problem here is an addiction -there are places to get help for that, too but you have to be ready to change your life. I'm guessing this man has been approached many times on the street by reps from various helping agencies but always declined the help. He will accept help when he is ready to get off the streets.

Sal

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I just want to add that, there are people who have college degrees, 25 years of experience in their profession, and lost their job due to downsizing and/or the economic situation -- and have been out of work for 18 months, 2 years, or longer.

They can't find a job. They're too old. No one will hire them now. There 48, 52, 59. After 2, 3 years without work, maybe a small severance package (or not), maybe some unemployment (but that doesn't replace the old paycheck), so the bills aren't all paid and the house payments are behind, and the car payment - and next thing you know - you are in foreclosure or bankruptcy with no way out.

It can happen fast. A friend of mine, very talented, lost her job - was out of work hustling and networking and applying and interviewing for 18 months. She did land a job, but a bit less pay, but her husband still had a job. But what if there was no husband, or if he too was out of work. It can go downhill.

We have an opening at my employer, a large company. I heard them saying that they won't hire so-and-so because she's been out of work for a year. They don't want a qualified candidate, as she was downsized out a year ago at her last job. How wrong is that?

If I lost my job (a real possibility), I have no idea how I'd survive. Yes, I might be able to land a job at Target or Starbucks, but where would I live? In my car? I have 25 years of experience.. I have a degree, I have a managerial position. But not sure I'd be able to find another job with the attitude out there of many HR hiring managers that they don't want an "unemployed" person.

Many of us are a few paychecks away from disaster. Not always due to drugs, alcohol or excessive consumerism. Sometimes just bills keep going up, pay does not, hard to save, then wham - the company is doing "expense management" and that means you lose. Not just your job, but your life gets ff'd up.

If I had a medical situation, I'd be ruined. Plain and simple. I've contributed about 3-8 percent into my 401k (when I had one), but of course, I will never have enough saved to retire, ever. And I worked hard all my life.

edit on 27-5-2013 by Galadriel because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2013 by Galadriel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Thank you for posting this video, I am humbled by this man. To those who say "homeless people are homeless because they made wrong decisions and are now paying the price for them." I say this to you; has there been anything in your life you have done wrong? and by the grace of God have you been more lucky? Say you and this homeless man lose your jobs at the same time, and you were the lucky one to get the same job you both were applying for, and for him there is no other lines of work available and ultimately he is the one homeless. You would say he is lazy, or he deserved it, but no, we are just the same as he is. I mean yes there are some homeless out there who could be described as 'milking' the system, but there are truly some that are just down on their luck. Thank you for posting.

Also the part where the homeless man said "God bless you" to the guy that cursed him over and over; that speaks to me greater than any reply any of you educated and intellectual brains who disagree here could.
edit on 5/27/13 by honested3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Being young and irresponsible should not in anyway absolve someone that made the dumb choice to take the first drug or have the first drink. No one held a gun to your , not you poster, head and said, "shoot up this heroin or else I will kill you Jack Bauer"

LOL Why not? Just because there is no gun to your head? Isn't being young and irresponsible enough? I mean are you telling me that you never made a mistake in your life? The thing is making a mistake like taking heroin has some long lasting reprocussions because once you get hooked it is VERY hard to stop. It is a bit like smoking, maybe you try it with some friends when you are experimenting and then it takes hold and you are done... It is very very hard to come off it... I have seen all manor of people addicted to all kinds of drugs...

Overall I thought it was a very timely scenario for this thread and I give the store credit. It would have been easy to press charges or make a bigger deal about it. At least from what could be seen they didn't call the police when he first dropped the items but rather when he refused to leave and was begging for money at the exit.

Well this is another thing... Mental health issues (could be the case here)... It is a dissability, would you look down on a disabled person?

I mean I am a libertarian and a voluntarist and so I know all about personal responsibility and I do not believe in forcing people to help others. But I do have compassion for people on the streets. I have at time literally taken random people off the streets for the night and tried to help them. It is not easy though because sometimes the drugs or whatever problems they have are just too much. It is sad to see, I feel sorry for them, even though they could have made better choices...

A story for you... When I was 16 I moved into my own flat, I was very young and very irresponsible. I got in with a bad crowd and did all manor of things I am not proud of. Lukily hard drugs was never one of them. I eventually got thrown out of where I lived because of the "friends" I had unfortunately mixed with. I went home one day and there was a padlock on the door. That was that... All my things still inside, I was too embarrassed to contact the landlord to get them back.

So I was there, 16 and homeless... Was it my fault? Sure I guess, I could have not met those people, or told them to get lost. But if I had they would have harrassed me and being 16 I was pretty scared of them! Even before I got kicked out I would get my money and then take it down the arcade... Why? Because I was young and stupid! I was 6' 2" and ended up weighing about 8 stone, because I hardly ever ate. There were times when I literally had nothing to eat for 3 days or more. When my payday came I was so hungry and weak I could barely get up without spinning out... I had fainted a few times too, once in mcdonalds, once in a pub, just from mal nutrition...

After I was kicked out I didn't know what to do! So I went to a ladies house who sold some plant matter (you know). She barely knew me but I explained what had happened and she put me up without a second thought! Lifesaver! She would cook for me and she was really nice... One day her supplier decided to give her some heroin and that was that... Things took a rapid downward spiral, I only wish I could of helped her like she helped me.
... Unfortunately I couldn't and she died a couple years later...

Fast forward 15 years and I'm doing okay, I work for myself and I have 3 kids and a partner and I am pretty happy with life... I wouldn't take back what happened to me because it made me, me. But it was very hard and not all that enjoyable to be honest... I have seen how easy it is to slip down that road... There is no point laying blame with anyone... Sometimes it can just be circumstances, just one of those things...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee32
LOL Why not? Just because there is no gun to your head? Isn't being young and irresponsible enough? I mean are you telling me that you never made a mistake in your life? The thing is making a mistake like taking heroin has some long lasting reprocussions because once you get hooked it is VERY hard to stop. It is a bit like smoking, maybe you try it with some friends when you are experimenting and then it takes hold and you are done... It is very very hard to come off it... I have seen all manor of people addicted to all kinds of drugs...

Yup like everyone I have made lots of bad choices in life..None of them involved drugs, drinking or smoking. Every time I was in a scenario where drugs were avail I just said no or walked away. Same with drinking..Same with smoking..None of those things add anything positive to your life so it was easy for me to always say no.

I get that their are certain personalities in life that are more prone to addictions and I am glad I am not one of them because drugs\drinking are basically easy ways to screw up your life.

Additionally I have never said anything about looking down on any of targets in this discussion. I didn't pass judgement on the person in the situation i detailed from earlier today. I will say that it's a no win situation. If a person that didn't have the traits I reported walked into a store and acted the same way they would have been arrested . That doesn't seem fair but then again I am sure their is a lot that the homeless person has to deal with that isn't fair..

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Most are there because of untreated mental illness.

Last time I checked that wasn't a choice.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

That is not true. You have a delusional perspective. Open your eyes, maybe try to talk to some of the homeless and I promise you will have a different perception of the homeless.

I'd say many maybe even most homeless suffer from mental illness. Those with mental illness are much more likely to abuse drugs. Many good hard working people have a streak of bad luck and end up on the streets, while many bad drug addicts get lucky and live a prosperous life.

If I didn't buy a boat when I had a good paying job I may have been homeless when I couldn't find work for 2+ years.

I have, I've worked at homeless shelters and the story is all the same.

There are legitimate cases and those people I would have no problem helping but all of the addicts or lazy people I simply do not care about.

Most do not suffer from mental illness, in fact...many of them fake it and i've seen them fake it.

Its pathetic

BULL.

You are so full of it. And I would Know, if YOU had of Ever worked at a homeless shelter YOU would over half of the prejudice crap you spew is just that, Crap.

And I'll call you on it...I Know the Shelters, the Homeless Advocacy groups, the streets, how welfare works and what's fact and what's Hype,

You take a Small segment and pigeon hole ALL the homeless into that to justify YOUR prejudice. Plain and simple,

And your Comme t about most not being mentally sick is Sheer proof of that. So,

Let me give you some TRUTH info from one who Really k ows the shelters and the whole Poverty industry Including many NIN profit Shelters that are scams and EXPLOIT the homeless, oh yea baby I'll go there....

One, there are Various KINDS of shelters, not just one lump kind, Don't beleive that readers, then by golly look it up. There are one, men's shelters, and then single mother/family shelters, then family shelters though they tend to be a bit more rare AS they are harder to maintain the beds/stays, etc. there are some Day only shelters, and then some transitional shelters that then transits into housing, usually a two year program and yes tenants pay rent, etc. All this can Also vary Depending on the State and the Cities, due to funds, oversight, etc. That being said,

A percentage Yes have drugs and alcohol problems, HOWEVER and IF you had ever worked a Shelter YOU of all people would Know this, usually those with severe drug/alcohols addictions dont prefer shelters AS the shelters ALL have RULES as to Curfew, drug/alcohol rules, Chores, bedtimes and lots for those beds, etc., and most who are LONGTERM homeless don't like to abide by many of the rules OR they may have warrants, etc., it all depends, but this Picture you give of all these drug bad choice blah blah blah of the Homeless is just pure unadulterated b.s.

A Huge percentage of Homeless, and this is FACT, are Single mothers, many who are or have Left a Very abusive and controlling Marriage, many are ONLY homemakers, whose Husbands would t ALLOW then to work or get skills,

Many have kids, many don't. But to Tell them, they shouldn't of had kids, seriously??? Then there are those who are Elderly women who have sickness and their soc sec, even widows whose husbands didn't earn enough, etc., lots of factors there, simply dint make enough and wind up in the streets. There is also Yes, teen mothers, but they are a small percentage...there are Yes, some who make bad choices in men, granted, but among Many of these, we're also Sexually abused as CHILDREN and DO have other mental illness as a Result of, that is a Lot of the generational poverty there,

That's women...then let's get into the men, VETS, are a HUGE percentage of Homeless, Yes they made BAD DECISION fighting for the likes of your kind who say, oh bad choices...yep, GO fight the wars then...
sorry but That Ine Really pisses me off...I knew a man, Vietnam Vet, knew Several actually, on the streets, one I knew, they finally got him into transitional housing...all he does is smokes and then throws the cig buts on the carpet all day AND all night, WHY? because the poor man CAN'T SLEEP, I don't k is something about Napalm and seeing many if his Comrads die, Ya think???

OMG and you say, bad choices? Arrogant much? Yea I knew him and three more Vets just as messed up if not more, that I played cards with. Great guys, just had to watch them when they got in their moods, but bad choices? NO, the ONLY BAD CHOICE was the policies that SENT them into those Hellholes,

Then I saw men who lost everything, job layoffs OR their families, and they broke, a host of reasons, but Many were

Educated, very well mannered, and hit hard times. I met MANY with Head injuries, yea that's a Common one too, from trauma, car accidents, etc., did they make BAD CHOICES?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Aaaarg typos, sift through them sorry iPad keyboard not my thing here, but anyway,

Yea bad choices, people driving to work and getting slammed and head injury, like One woman I knew who lost all her long term memory, car accident...or how bout the Man hit by a car in a hit and run, he was on His way to work

Or the Woman I met, use to be Registered Nurse, got MS in a real bad way, now she's homeless AFTER her apartment Regentrified and no apartment take her small allotment AND the Wait lists for Assisted housing is FIVE YEARS LONG...

Or How about the family I met whose HOUSE burned down and the insurance wouldn't cover for sme reason,

Or the Worst, a Christian woman, oh yes, aman and all that, five kids, very happy marriage, HE DIES, she's a Widow, and CPS gets involved when her electrivpc gets CUT IFF and removes her kids until SHE can prove she can maintain after ALL the years of being a stay at home Christian mom...

And then they take her Kids, oh yea Louisvilee KY, and this woman didn't take drugs, alcohol, nada.so she made Bad choices, What SHE has sine frickin mystical powers she can prevent DEATH???

There are TONS more but I'm too mad right now I could just spit,

I will say this,

For ANYONE who has the nerve to say they worked n a shelter, should at least KNOW, that most are legit cases...and that the Cycle of poverty, can start with just a minute thing...once it starts, it's a vicious cycle.

But what I WILL tell you, there are Plenty of Scammers working IN shelters, even running shelters, that are no more than CROOKS, bleeding off of donations and tax payer dollars, shall we go there??? Huh? Or, lol, how about, how Some of those shelter workers, are Drug addicts the selves, who steal food stamps for their fix...

Yea...let's don't slam the homeless, because you just might run into one who knows a bit more about the Real streets, than what ya see on Some News channel...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Wow....

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join