It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless man called a bum, maybe this will change your perspective

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I sincerely doubt Hopechest will change her attitude until she finds herself in similar circumstances. This won't happen though because she has it all covered. She might not think she is taking things for granted but clearly she is. Her first post was saying she has a good health plan as a backup. I'm assuming she thinks the only setback is if she got sick and couldn't work to pay medical bills. That medical plan isn't going to pay her rent, mortgage, buy food or any other bills. If her illness caused brain damage or a disability it isn't going to buy a wheelchair or renovations on her home, like ramps or shower bars etc. or allow her to move to a more expensive residence, that has these installed. Not to mention the psychological damage this would cause her to feel with her inability to adjust. In this condition she would have a hard time being employed, but she has it all covered, not going to happen to me.

Its sad the other members or people she encounters feel they have to explain themselves by sharing their stories.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee
reply to post by DieSektor

Yeah, being poor is SO freeing. So much more freeing than being able to sleep in a comfortable bed with plenty of food to eat.

I appreciate your input it keeps me humble. You will not agree with my words of thought fair enough however There is a lot of truth to what I posted please be advised read at your own discretion. Go ahead read what I typed again if you need to rethink your reply.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieSektor
I really do NOT care for reading between fellow ATS users squabbling about working. I do not care for your detailed personal work background and the rubbing in others faces grow up MONKEYS! and learn to run like hell run rabbit, ruunnnn rabbit run! If your working, maintain a decent livable wage CONGRADULATIONS your compliance is basically complete they have you right where your suppose to be. Waste you beautiful life away working (completing meaningless and most often demeaning tasks that give an individual no benefit besides the fact of earning a under waged salary.) CONGRADULATIONS to everyone with a well established occupation or "Job" you are right where you belong on that long line or worthless #, right next to your fellow brothers and sisters here on Earth. You know why because the company you work for does not give a # about you, your family or your friends.

This gentleman depicted in the OP's video seems to be a man of genuine nature. (He has nothing to fake or act about, that much is blatantly obvious) he's living his life in a way that will give him USEABLE self growth and actually beneficial to his growth and enlightenment to become a more highly evolved and conscience being.

I laugh to myself deeply when I see the shallow empty souls of people here on Earth that are constantly putting up a front. Constantly acting like they are happy, constantly TRYING to convince the surrounding world around them that they are in fact just fine. You want to know who these people are? ? ? They are you and I, the man coming home from work at the office, the woman closing shop for the day at the local florist, the on-edge asshole cop with a generous yearly salary, the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker!! Do you get it yet?

It is when you deem yourself a higher quality cut of fabric than any other. It is when you look at another man or woman with discust and anger that you understand you have lost all that you were born with and have become conditioned to your terms of parole here on this prison planet.

The man holding the cup completely ashamed and intimidated by assholes like I read about in this thread, the man holding the cup has more freedom and self awareness and a better look on the entire scope of things than any working man today. Live closer to the heart or live a working man with no time to live. The choice is yours it should be painfully obviously which brings true happiness.

Whatever gets you through the night internet arm chair warrior..I am surprised you didn't close with some cheesy Namaste closing.

You are no better off then the target of everyone in this thread..Your stance is no different or less insulting then what Hopechest said to some here.

Please keep believing you are as it's good for a laugh.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Yeah, being poor is SO freeing. So much more freeing than being able to sleep in a comfortable bed with plenty of food to eat.

I appreciate your input it keeps me humble. You will not agree with my words of thought fair enough however There is a lot of truth to what I posted please be advised read at your own discretion. Go ahead read what I typed again if you need to rethink your reply.

What is the truth of your words? You put the entirety of humanity into two camps, thoughtless drones or enlightened non-producers. The world isn't as entirely bifurcated as that.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
How does one live without giving 2/3 of your hard worked life away to a company, corporation, business ect...Why has this planet not given in to free energy bases technology worldwide. Would that be the catalyst for every man woman and child to find their own means of living happily without the sacrifice of so many man hours burned up wasted away never to get back again. Everyone here would be so much better off unemployed living on a planet with different values on an individuals "life"

I can not explain this any better. You have misconstrued my words a bit. Although I admit my projected thoughts and ideas were shared with the wrong words. I apologize for any hurt fullness or upsetting ideas.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

How does one live without giving 2/3 of your hard worked life away to a company, corporation, business ect...Why has this planet not given in to free energy bases technology worldwide. Would that be the catalyst for every man woman and child to find their own means of living happily without the sacrifice of so many man hours burned up wasted away never to get back again. Everyone here would be so much better off unemployed living on a planet with different values on an individuals "life"

I can not explain this any better. You have misconstrued my words a bit. Although I admit my projected thoughts and ideas were shared with the wrong words. I apologize for any hurt fullness or upsetting ideas.

You don't have to apologize for anything on Internet forums..At the end of the day what I say to you and what you say to me has 0 impact on both our realities.

I disagree with your premise..No amount of listing the reasons why are going to convince you of any different.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It basically comes down to: in the 3rd dimension (what we currently experience and come to know) there can only be so much given and granted and opportunities available to a being. It is this way for a divine reason. Levels of gained knowledge and enlightenment will be the only source of transition to a dimension and or reality that will produce such desired means of living. Does nobody follow here? Am I sounding discombobulated?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
A Great Society would take Care of All its People.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Right now I'm only one paycheck away from being homeless and I'm getting paid on a day to day basis. I take full responsibility for my predicament, but I could certainly see how someone could end up homeless not because they are alcohol and/or drug addicted but by a combination of fate, circumstance and poor planning (didn't save for a rainy day).

They didn't all necessarily "give up", and many a success story is a "rags to riches" story, literally, and I even have a few rags in my suitcase.. but when I get rich, which I will, I will never look down on the homeless it's just not my style, nor in alignment with my Christian ethic.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Are you saying that people are homeless because god wants them to be?

You must be an imbecile because god wants you to be, then.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm not trying to say God wants anyone to be homeless. I was trying to elaborate with someone with an idea about dimensions. What is possible and not possible within specific dimensions. I'm basically searching for an answer as to why this planet is still being ruled and controlled by such foul wicked beings. Forcing a majority to live enslaved on ancient coal and oil energy systems when the technology is and has been for decades readily available to uplift humanity and eliminate such conditions as homelessness and hunger.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I don't know about anybody else, but I was almost hanging my head down in shame.

It's things like that video which make me wonder why I even dare to feel sorry for myself when I think I'm having a bad day. Remember to thank God everyday for your blessings, everyone.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What an interesting thread. Always the center of 'affection'.. Aren't we Hopechest? lol

Let's take a look at this thread and look at the PRISON of ILLUSION we are oblivious to.. People say they work hard, they work hard and I'm sure they do. but.. where does happiness come in? Where does being human come in?.

For example, people like Hopechest hasn't had any help in their adulthood yet there are always two sides to everything, what do they WANT to do?

Like my grandmother.. She was focused so much on work.. she's lost sight of why she was working so hard. She's has money, but her children who are now grown and old has been pushed away so much that it's not a real relationship anymore, we've never had a family reunion. The bad part is she's a P.h.D in Psychology. You'd think she'd know what she's doing but she doesn't. She's broken.. because she's lost sight of exactly what she was trying to create and ruined it. Now that she has everything she desperately tries to get it all back, but her sacrifices were simply too great to bear and forgive.

Truth is, you're but a slave to this system. You want to be happy, but you have to work to be happy. Later you realize that the more you work, the happier you are. Then after that you end up working all the time, forgetting your happiness is the reason you work and you have no time to be happy anymore and if you stop working, you still won't be happy. You lose either way.

Tell me, all the extreme hard workers.. What is the point of living if you can't live happily? If you have to live as a slave to a system? Yeah, you're well off. you have money, you have a house, a car, you're independent.. Yeah, you're breathing..... but tell me... Why? What is it that you want from this world that you are working so hard? And in the process of working your soul to waste.. what exactly makes you happy in the process?

Can't you see? You're not happy right now. You want money, but why do want money? Are you one of those people who lives just for the sake of words and a 'nice' reputation? That's what makes you happy? You care too much about what others think about you. Therefore, you're not in control. What is it that you want to do? What do you want to discover? What do you want to create? We have to change this world and we start by doing what we want. Even if you fail, you have to just do it. It's what makes you happy right? Know yourself and live by the self and people will accept you for who you are. They will accept your failures and they will accept your success and ultimately, they will accept your happiness.

You can't bring others happiness if you can't bring yourself happiness.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

so if your down and out and your family has been killed and you have no parents from the age of 6, and turn to the street because you have no other options, you have no sympathy for someone in that position? Wow i cant wait to see what karma has in store for you. Ms/Mr Best life.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Sorry but a bum is someone who asks people to give him money for NOT working - so this gentleman qualifies as a bum whether he thinks of himself that way or not. I wonder what would happen if he stood there with a sign saying "Looking for work" and listed his job skills? Or what would happen if he went to a day labor site and waited with all the other low-skilled people waiting for a day's work? My guess is he has a personal relationship with drugs and/or alcohol. I do have sympathy for people who get hooked on drugs and alcohol - but it is basically this man's decision to make about whether he wants to clean himself up, quit abusing substances and get a job. Nobody else can make that decision for him.

Sal

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

How about not having kids until you can afford them?

Wow I was just lurking up until I read this and just had to respond. I don't even know what to say, other that I am absolutely shocked by that comment you made here. You really must have had a real sheltered life to believe what you just stated.Are you saying low income people shouldn't have kids??? Why don't we just get them all sterilized so they don't bread??

I just wanted to say thee was a time in my life when I had to go to the food bank, work was scarce, I have for some time made $65 k a year,and now have beautiful property. I was close to being homeless myself.You have a scense of entitlement, that will be your curse in the future the world is not yours.
edit on 27-5-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The homeless are the "collateral damage" of capitalism.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Oh God I just took the time to watch the video, why did you have to do that to me, you made me cry.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm heartened by those posts here which reflect empathy towards those less fortunate than themselves. Please add me to your number. To the others, I would sure like to understand why you feel so eminently qualified to judge others on little to no information. But, never mind, should you find yourself down some day, you'll be heartened knowing there will be some who'll not judge you harshly. Hopefully, you may even receive a helping hand to get you back on your feet.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Most of the homeless people are there because of poor decisions they decided to make in their lives. Many are alcohol and drug abuse victims, but it was still their choice to partake in that.

I have little sympathy for them because they chose to give up.

I HAD this outlook at one point in my life.

As someone stated earlier, you can't judge someone when you haven't been through what they've been through. Sure there are people you choose that life but some folks haven't. Most people are a few missed paychecks away from losing everything. I feel for people like this and I wish we wouldn't waste money fighting a bunch of bearded idiots in the Middle East and find a way to help people here.
edit on 27-5-2013 by TheOriginalMolonLabe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join